Author Topic: Bad Batch (Disney+)  (Read 10330 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Bad Batch (Disney+)
« Reply #75 on: February 9, 2023, 06:47 PM »
I didn't realize that we were going to get a two-fer this week. That was a pleasant surprise last night. Both were really strong episodes. As much as I do still enjoy the stand-alone episodes, I really love when they dive deeper into the foundations of the early Empire as these two episodes did. The senate scene at the end of Episode 8 was a chef's kiss, I got chills. I am hoping we still get to see Rex & Echo pop back in frequently.

Damn good episodes this week…strong Clone Wars vibes throughout. Ian is so money.

I can’t help but think how amazing it would be if this show had its own dedicated 3.75” animated line.  :-\

I never really did the animated figures (originally due to money and space) but I'd be down for a few. I'd still prefer TVC-styled-realistic-figures inspired by The Bad Batch. I really miss the days of getting more than a single wave of figures from a new movie/show...

"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2023, 09:07 AM »
Great two-episode arc this week.  I agree Ryan, the Senate scene was awesome...just more proof that Palpatine sees everyone as expendable and he manipulates both sides to achieve his goals.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2023, 12:38 PM »
This was a great 2-part story arc.  And it served to show that the transition from Republic to Empire wasn't like ******* a light switch.  That transition within the political apparatus seems to be slower than we might have expected.  The Senators still seemed somewhat empowered to represent their systems.  And it was remarkable that story arcs like the ones on Pantora or the Senate Intrigue episodes of Clone Wars were the basis for much of the maneuvering that Ryo Chuchi and Bail Organa were doing in order to represent the Clones in the Senate.

But that finale within the Senate chamber with the Emperor?  He's the ultimate puppet master!  And it's fantastic that the series has managed to get Ian McDiarmid on board to voice the Emperor in the series.  While Admiral Rampart was cast as a pretty ruthless character who might have some future in the Bad Batch series, he was just another pawn of Palpatine.  And with the revelation of the events on Kamino?  Palpatine decommissioned the Clone army with one fell stroke and announced the inception of the Imperial Stormtrooper.  I think we've all been wondering how that might have happened.  And now we know.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2023, 11:40 AM »
That two-part episode was fantastic.  Finally.

While a good stand alone episode is fine, I've felt like most of the episodes this year were filler, and mostly boring filler.

I really hope we get more of a cohesive story like the last two episodes where there are either mini-story arcs or one big season long one.  It doesn't necessarily have to tell an Empire story like the last two episodes, but I'd like there to be more of an overall thread through many of these episodes.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2023, 12:34 PM »
This week's episode had another goofy premise again.

I'm not sure the exact demographic they're aiming for with this show (8-14 year olds?), but they could do with some better story lines even if they're aiming at a younger demographic.  It can still be aimed at a younger audience with more of a cohesive story.  The Mandalorian can have some serial, pulpy stuff from week to week but ultimately has a broader story line that is more compelling.

Can't the Bad Batch set up an underground railroad for conscientious clones, or one for worlds being oppressed by The Empire like they did on Ryloth?  There has got to be something they can write that fits in to the larger story line of Rebel activity and isn't just throwaway content.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 2, 2023, 01:38 PM »
Good episode this week, but this show is kind of all over the place. 

Some of the episodes are throwaway fluff aimed at 8 year olds (pod racing).  Some have multi-show story arcs that tie in nicely to the broader Star Wars lore that likely hit a stronger note with adults.  And then this week's was spooky/sinister/light horror that didn't seem aimed at 8-year olds.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 2, 2023, 09:50 PM »
Well, it was awesome to see the Zillo beast again, but I didn’t care for Dr. Hemlock. Don’t really see how cloning Zillo beasts is relevant to anything, but ok. I agree it has been sort of all over the place, but mostly enjoyable. Hope they have some kind of ending planned out at this point and aren’t just making it up as they go anymore.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 8, 2023, 04:51 PM »
Acknowledging I don't actually remember all the Bad Batch episodes, but today's may have been the best one so far.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2023, 04:52 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #83 on: March 8, 2023, 09:15 PM »
These last two episodes have taken a darker turn and it's awesome to see.  I have a feeling I know where this is going to a point, but it's going to be a fun ride!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #84 on: March 9, 2023, 01:03 PM »
How many more are left this season? I actually thought the one with Palatine was the season finale.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 9, 2023, 02:50 PM »
How many more are left this season? I actually thought the one with Palatine was the season finale.

For the most part none of these have had any sense of timeline to them and could have been shown in any order.  Echo leaving (which still doesn't seem to matter to any of the plots) is the only part that would indicate a timeline if he was present or not.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 9, 2023, 03:37 PM »
After last night's episode, I feel like Rex and Echo will have their own show (and possibly team up with Cody) while Crosshair will see the proverbial light about the Empire and have a redemption arc so that he can team back up with the rest of the batch.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #87 on: March 9, 2023, 03:59 PM »
I guess we need to know how Rex ended up on a patched-together ATTE, fishing for joopas on a desert planet with Gregor and Wolff.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2023, 10:37 AM »
I was happy to see a familiar class of ship used by Echo and Howzer's team. Their ship looks like a slightly different version of Sidan Ithano's ship that Finn nearly boards in the Force Awakens.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Meson_Martinet
Macklunkey!

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2023, 11:55 AM »
Another fairly dark (and good) episode this week with some torture mixed in. 

It reminds me of having to pre-watch the old Clone Wars episodes to make sure they weren't too scary when my kids were little.  I'm not sure I would let a six year old watch some of these episodes while others are right up their alley.