Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 15251 times)

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
The Book of Boba Fett (SPOILERS possible)
« on: August 16, 2021, 09:44 AM »
How did we not start a thread on this earlier !?!

Do we know anything about the plot of this?  I haven't read anything, and want to avoid spoilers, so if you do know some details, please flag them with spoilers.

Since I'm in the dark, I thought I would wildly speculate and see what you guys are thinking.

First off, I was thinking a bit about this this other day and the weird title.  What is "The Book" referring to? 

Does he have a book with a hit list in it, with Bib Fortuna at the top of it?  Is he going to go around settling old grudges? 

Is "the book" an actual book that contains some kind of special knowledge in it?  A treasure map?  Sensitive information?  Kamino cloning secrets?

Or is "the book" simply meant to be "the story" of Boba Fett?

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 03:27 PM by Jeff »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 10:25 AM »
All I know, and all I want to know, is that the show starts in December.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 10:57 AM »
I know nothing, either.

Tem Morrisson mentioned in an interview lasty year something about the time between ROTJ and Mandalorian, so my speculation is that this will be a flashback-heavy series dealing with things like his Sarlacc escape and his nomad years on Tatooine, if not even things prior to ESB. Just judging by the fact that Lucasfilm and Marvel have been doing a sort of Shadows of the Empire reboot all year with the Bounty Hunter chase from Cloud City to Jabba's Palace, I doubt those things will be touched upon much in the show (though they could use it to bring a spoilery actor who was written into the story this time around.)

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 11:18 AM »
I know nothing, either.

Tem Morrisson mentioned in an interview lasty year something about the time between ROTJ and Mandalorian, so my speculation is that this will be a flashback-heavy series dealing with things like his Sarlacc escape and his nomad years on Tatooine, if not even things prior to ESB. Just judging by the fact that Lucasfilm and Marvel have been doing a sort of Shadows of the Empire reboot all year with the Bounty Hunter chase from Cloud City to Jabba's Palace, I doubt those things will be touched upon much in the show (though they could use it to bring a spoilery actor who was written into the story this time around.)

If they do flashbacks, I hope they've got a larger story that ties everything together.    I'm not sure I want to see all the details of Boba's earlier adventures unless they all tie together in a coherent plot.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 11:34 AM »
The whole title "The Book of Boba Fett" made me think that the story would largely be about how did Boba Fett eventually wind up on that throne at the end of season 2 of The Mandalorian.  I think the big question might be just how far back might things go?

Recently I was thinking this - could this show be a way to bring some of the stories for the canceled Star Wars - 1313 game and the Star Wars Underworld series to light?  One thing that Star Wars creators have not been shy about in the post GL era is mining past material for new projects - Ralph McQuarrie concept art being revisited in numerous ways, the concept of the Temple of the Whills in Rogue One, Mimban (location from Splinter of the Mind's Eye), the Bendu, etc.  So why not mine something that George Lucas had his hands in like 1313 and Underworld?  Some reports indicated that 40+ scripts for Underworld were written before the project was shelved.  I think the possibility of this happening could be rather high, as Kathleen Kennedy said in 2015 that material for both the game and the show might be developed further for future projects.

I think that the events between ROTJ and The Mandalorian seem almost obvious for this series.  And I recall seeing some passing comments lately that some big OT actors might come into play in future projects.  This show seems like it could be one of those, and that sort of thing seems to be on the table after seeing the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian.  Lucasfilm seems to be taking the possibility of incorporating legacy characters into new shows very seriously, and I saw another news item that said LFL has hired a person who has made some absolutely amazing deepfake videos of Star Wars material - they did improved versions of Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One, and a better version of Luke in The Mandalorian.

To me so much could be on the table for this show.  I don't think we're going to have a clue about where this Boba Fett series goes until we see a trailer.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 11:43 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 12:54 PM »
I think seeing the escape from the Sarlaac, the loss of his armor and why it took him so long to get it back (we're talking a 6 year gap in time from ROTJ to season 2 of the Mandalorian) should be answered by this series.

Should be a fun ride.....I'm looking forward to it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 05:25 PM »
It's a show about Boba's favorite book, "The Lord of the Darksaber"... because, you know, one darksaber to rule them all.

I have no idea what's going to happen, but I'm excited to find out.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2021, 10:08 AM »
It's a show about Boba's favorite book, "The Lord of the Darksaber"... because, you know, one darksaber to rule them all.

Is it wrong that I'd still watch that?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 07:40 AM »
Revisiting this thread after taking into account what we learned in the Disney Gallery episode about the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian.  It seems like Lucasfilm is very much focused on the possibility of bringing Legacy actors back through the de-aging process as well as with other tech. 

I was shocked to learn that all of Luke's dialogue was put together digitally.  Mark Hamill has been an incredibly prolific voice actor, and I would have thought that he could have done the speaking part.  But what Matthew Wood described about how he built Luke's speaking parts from a library of his older work was surprising.  This could be a major development as some of the OT actors are no longer with us, and others are getting to be pretty advanced in age.  Just looking through the ages of OT actors with speaking roles - Mark Hamill is 70, Anthony Daniels is 75, Harrison Ford is 79, Billy Dee Williams is 84, and James Earl Jones is 90.

I'm a little surprised by just how closely Disney is guarding "The Book of Boba Fett".  I would have expected some kind of teaser by now, but that just hasn't been the case.  It seems that they're holding it back for Disney+ Day on November 12th.  That's actually the 2nd anniversary of the launch of the platform.  And so far it seems like they're doing this streaming thing pretty well!

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 09:55 AM »
I'm ok with them playing it close to the vest with The Book of Boba Fett.  I'm curious if they'll de-age Temura Morrison for any flashback scenes.  Really hope they show how he escaped the sarlaac....it's a no brainer to show that to the audience.

If they're going to bring in more of the original cast for the era between ROTJ and TFA, De-aging or deep fake technology is a must.  I'm still impressed on how they put Tarkin in Rogue One.  I know some people complained about the uncanny valley when it came to Tarkin, but I thought it was brilliant!  The way they put Luke in Chapter 16 of the Mandalorian was also incredible, especially because they were able to get Mark Hamill involved in such a big way.  The technology is amazing!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: November 1, 2021, 10:20 AM »
Official Trailer

"Every galaxy has an underworld. Experience the new trailer for The Book of Boba Fett. The Original Series starts streaming December 29 on Disney+."
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 1, 2021, 10:54 AM »
Looks awesome!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 1, 2021, 12:04 PM »
That looks fantastic.  It's great to see so many aliens in this - Klaatooinians, Trandoshans, Aqualish, Twi'leks, Ithorians - and even a B'ommarr monk!!!

Crazy thing though - I was left wondering if the one female Twi'lek is also on the cast of Ted Lasso?

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 1, 2021, 03:30 PM »
As expected, looks amazing. Was that Coruscant and the Jedi Temple they showed?

B’Omarr monk FTW!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender