Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 15273 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #15 on: November 1, 2021, 04:07 PM »
But will she reprise her Flashdance dance as a Twilek dancer?

Seriously though, I didn't realize she acted in anything after Flashdance.  Checking out IMDB it looks like she has had a lot of smaller roles that I never noticed.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 2, 2021, 08:51 AM »
Crazy thing though - I was left wondering if the one female Twi'lek is also on the cast of Ted Lasso?

"Jennifer Beals will be portraying a Twi’lek in the Disney+ series The Book of Boba Fett, Deadline has confirmed. Specifics regarding her character are being kept under wraps. Beals made her surprising debut in the series’ trailer debut on Monday."

Wow.  I was really wrong with that guess.  But it’s interesting to see another one of the cast revealed.  I feel like we know a lot more about the cast of the Andor and Kenobi series than we do about The Book of Boba Fett.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2021, 08:51 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: November 5, 2021, 05:14 PM »
I feel like I heard Din Djarin's voice in the trailer. I feel like he will be in this to some degree, even just an episode or two. I can't wait for more SW goodness. It really feels like "The Mandalorian" kicked of a new Golden Age for Star Wars.

I can't wait to finally see the Boba Fett show we have been waiting on for at least 20 years.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: November 7, 2021, 01:59 PM »
I feel like I heard Din Djarin's voice in the trailer. I feel like he will be in this to some degree, even just an episode or two. I can't wait for more SW goodness. It really feels like "The Mandalorian" kicked of a new Golden Age for Star Wars.

I can't wait to finally see the Boba Fett show we have been waiting on for at least 20 years.

IT did sound like Pedro Pascal's voice as the translator in the Ithorian (which I'm hoping is Dok Ondar).  I heard a rumor a while ago that Mando is supposed to show up in Book of Boba Fet, but I am avoiding spoilers as best I can so I'm not 100% sure.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 8, 2021, 02:15 PM »
New Trailer.

This thing just keeps getting better with each look!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2021, 05:02 PM »
Two weeks away!

Do we know if this is going to have a Wednesday release each week or if it'll move to Friday eventually?

Weekly releases of Hawkeye are happening on Wednesday, so maybe that's the norm now.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2021, 05:25 PM »
I think all Disney+ releases are on Wednesdays now.  Loki did really good on that date so they moved everything.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 11:13 AM »
I think all Disney+ releases are on Wednesdays now. 

All the Marvel stuff has been on Wednesdays, but lots of other D+ things are still Friday releases.

Here's an interesting interview with Robert Rodriguez (showrunner for TBOBF) talking about how secretive they have had to be on the show.  I like this part:

The producers have only revealed footage from the seven-episode season’s opening minutes. “We can’t use the second half of the first episode because it gives so much away,” Rodriguez says.

This show sounds like so much fun and I'm really, really glad that LFL seems to just be letting Filoni, Favreau, et al just do their thing and not **** it up with all the "creative differences" we keep seeing in all the Disney movie projects.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2021, 11:15 AM »
The producers have only revealed footage from the seven-episode season’s opening minutes. “We can’t use the second half of the first episode because it gives so much away,” Rodriguez says.

The first episode must move fast, as it seems like what they've shown so far seems to be different scenes / different worlds.  I like it!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2021, 12:23 PM »
I hope the latter episodes involve some of the other ESB bounty hunters. How cool would it be to see Dengar or Bossk back in live action? Filoni has used them in CW, so I'd guess there would be a pretty good chance of that.
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2021, 12:46 PM »
I hope the latter episodes involve some of the other ESB bounty hunters. How cool would it be to see Dengar or Bossk back in live action? Filoni has used them in CW, so I'd guess there would be a pretty good chance of that.

I'd definitely be down with that!  Especially 4-LOM and Zuckuss.  And if Dengar shows up, I hope they retcon that Rothgar Deng insinuation.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2021, 01:21 PM »
If Dengar does show up in this show, I hope he's like the Robt Chicken portrayal.  Everything toilet themed!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2021, 10:30 PM »
I need Bossk.  You need Bossk.  The ladies… they need and desire Bossk.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2021, 11:13 AM »
Just watched this... There were things I liked, things that I didn't, but I love the OT and PT influences in the show.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2021, 12:09 PM »
Where to even begin with my reactions to the series premiere?  Saving it for later after people have had a chance to view the episode.

But all in all I think it was a good start.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback