Author Topic: Target 2022 TVC Boba Fett (Morak)  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Target 2022 TVC Boba Fett (Morak)
« Reply #75 on: August 3, 2022, 08:14 AM »
I haven't seen any concrete information about it.  They seem to have shown up overseas, but there's no indication that they've arrived in North America yet.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2022, 04:59 AM »
Do we even have carded images of this one yet? Do we know if this is in standard VTC packaging or in the deluxe "plastic free" packaging? Based on the number I assume it is the former.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2022, 09:10 AM »
Do we even have carded images of this one yet?

From toyhideout Instagram via Yakface Twitter:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2022, 10:28 AM »
Still mad about this one… $21.00 for a single carded repaint of a figure that was $26 but came with two Stormtrooper heads.  Basically, $50 for two figures.  It’s Black Series pricing for TVC.

Not impressed.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 10:29 AM by Rob »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2022, 10:54 AM »
Still mad about this one… $21.00 for a single carded repaint of a figure that was $26

It's not just a repaint.  The two figures have different legs -

Of course, that still doesn't really justify the $26/$21 price tags for these figures.  The DLX Fett sculpt was designed in a way to swap parts out and make all these Fett variants - Tatooine/TBOBF, Morak, Tython/Robed, etc.  It sucks though that we, the customer, are having to pay the higher initial costs for the complex mold since Hasbro will be the ones making money off it's re-use in the long run. 

It'll be interesting to see how they treat the Tython/Robed Fett from Slave I set (which re-uses parts from these two Fetts)- will they drop it in the basic line for $15 or will it be another $21 exclusive like this Fett?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 10:54 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2022, 12:58 PM »
I have to contend that the Boba Fett tax is quite real.  And that we're seeing the results of some things that Hasbro might have set in motion.  The argument that Hasbro has put forth about higher prices for the Tatooine and Morak Boba Fett seem to revolve around the complexity of the paint apps for both figures.  But is that really it?

I think if we want to be able to judge this appropriately, we can look back to last year.  And particularly at the VC186 Return Of The Jedi Boba Fett.  Try comparing this figure to the current TVC Deluxe Tatooine Boba Fett.  Do the paint apps on the new figure seem that much more intricate than those on the VC186 Boba Fett?

I think that Hasbro saw just how well the VC186 Boba Fett performed at retail.  Some online retailers still have standing preorders for this figure, albeit they're sold out at this time.  I also think that the sensor bar "error" may have been a deliberate effort to see how much collectors would obsess over such a fine detail.  I know that I bought multiples of both versions.  I may have as many as 6 between the two variations.

And ever since that VC186 Boba Fett was released there has not been a single 3.75" Boba Fett at the standard TVC basic figure price.  The Morak and Tatooine versions are both substantially more expensive.  And Hasbro chose to pack-in the Boba Fett in Tusken Raider garb with the newest release of Slave One to the tune of a $40+ price hike.

Looking at these facts, it's hard to call these price increases a mere coincidence regarding such a fan-favorite character.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2022, 08:54 AM »
Got an update this will be released on 10/2.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2022, 07:20 PM »
I got the "something great is coming" email from Target on this and Axe Woves today.  I guess they're shipping real soon.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2022, 10:34 AM »
I got the "something great is coming" email from Target on this and Axe Woves today.  I guess they're shipping real soon.

Same.  I think all of my Target preorders will be fulfilled this week.  Now, if only Walmart would do the same.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2022, 11:51 AM »
All of my Walmart preorders ARE getting filled this week it says.  A bunch are in the mail already, a few are expected to ship and arrive by October 6. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2022, 12:28 PM »
All of my Walmart preorders ARE getting filled this week it says.  A bunch are in the mail already, a few are expected to ship and arrive by October 6.

Nice!  My Original 96 figures are being 'prepared' (prepared to ship, prepared to be delayed, I don't know), my deluxe figures are still delayed (after being delayed at least twice already) and Tython Boba is still expected in Feb 2023.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2022, 09:05 PM »
Saw a case worth of these tonight.  $24.99 in stores after being like $20.99 to preorder.

They also had little metal security stickers on the back of them, and I don’t think anyone is going to be removing those without doing damage.

Can’t wait to see these on clearance.  $27 after tax for a 3.75” figure was and is totally absurd.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2022, 07:14 AM »
Just wanted to say this line from Steve is my favorite quote of the year.

"My Original 96 figures are being 'prepared' (prepared to ship, prepared to be delayed, I don't know)"

It is so on point. I always thought once stuff was preparing to ship I was good but then WM said hold my beer
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 07:15 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within