Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 5844 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2023, 06:10 PM »
Unpopular opinion: both trailers spend a lot of time on Naboo starfighter glam shots. A lot. I like the thing, but I hope season 3 isn't a lot of sitting in that thing, because it's not as cool as the Razor Crest.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: February 1, 2023, 11:39 AM »
I don't think you'll see Din Djarin and Grogu just sitting in the starfighter for an entire episode.  But I bet we'll get a fair share of travelling scenes where they are in it along with at least one air-to-air or space-to-space battle.

I still think it's an impractical vehicle for someone who makes his living as a bounty hunter, but with Di Djarin now the rightful owner of the Darksaber, could his role be changing?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 3, 2023, 12:03 PM »
Yeah I hate that thing.  Feels like a guy who needs a big truck bought a Mazda Miata. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 3, 2023, 12:06 PM »
My favorite part of S2 Mandalorian was all the bounty hunting he did
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 3, 2023, 12:38 PM »
I'm willing to let it play out.  For all we know, the N-1 will get blown-up in Season 3 and Mando will move on to his third ship (giving Hasbro another opportunity to get $150-$300 from us).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 3, 2023, 12:51 PM »
That's exactly what I'm guessing.
Big truck in wreck.
Need new car asap. Buy a miata.
Toy company sells expensive toy of miata.
It gets wrecked.
Now purchase a new big truck.

Zero outrage from me. Can't wait for souped up N1 and it'll be fun to see his "new Razor Crest"
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2023, 12:39 PM »
Yeah I hate that thing.  Feels like a guy who needs a big truck bought a Mazda Miata.

Ha! I just noticed this. Totally agree.

After Mando met Boba Fett and the Razor Crest was destroyed, I honestly thought he was going to "inherit" Slave-1 Boba's Firespray at the end of the season. I guess there's still time for that to happen.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:41 PM by Mister Skeezler »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2023, 01:19 PM »
I think a Mandalorian Gauntlet class ship might be in his future.  They sure do love showing those shots of it being pursued by TIE Interceptors in the tv spots!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 1, 2023, 09:45 PM »
Well, I think this season is off to a good start!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 1, 2023, 09:46 PM »
I think they had the BoBF crew helping on the first episode.  A whole bunch of random.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 2, 2023, 01:39 AM »
I'm with Dave. I enjoyed it , but it was a lot of stuff crammed in there.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 2, 2023, 08:49 AM »
I enjoyed it , but it was a lot of stuff crammed in there.

Plus it was a really short episode.  Lots of tangents but probably only about 32 minutes of run time.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 2, 2023, 09:11 AM »
I think they had the BoBF crew helping on the first episode.  A whole bunch of random.

I look at it as a whole lot of set-up.  Those pirates are going to be a problem and we got a look at most of the major players.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 2, 2023, 09:41 AM »
I enjoyed the episode.  It picked up reasonably well from where TBOBF left off.  In fact, I thought that the first scene was actually a flashback... until, of course someone arrived.  But the solidarity of the covert during that fight was remarkable.  And I think the visual effects were far beyond what we've come to expect in most tv series.  I also felt like there were more real sets in play, and I completely forgot about the Volume and that particular production technique.

Storywise?  There was a serious amount of place-setting going on.  We know what the main quest of the season will be.  And there are already side-quests and subplots that are developing.  I suspect that in the process of that more things will spring up, and more will get tied together.  But the space battle finally cleared up the mystery of the large ship that was seen in some of the trailers.  What got me and my kid wondering about the pirates?  Could the show be trying to work in a particular pirate who has turned up in both Clone Wars and Rebels?  He is one of Dave Filoni's characters, after all.

The thing that has me scratching my head is about the passage of time over the course of the series.  Jon Favreau was quoted as saying that the first couple of seasons took place over a span of 1 - 2 years.  And that Grogu might have been training with Luke for as long as 2 years.  Plus there's time that has elapsed since the end of TBOBF.  So are we actually around 9 - 10 years past the events of ROTJ???
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 2, 2023, 01:51 PM »

I look at it as a whole lot of set-up.  Those pirates are going to be a problem and we got a look at most of the major players.

Yeah, I just wish the writing would be better.  Greef/Mando and the pirates get in a duel over having a drink in a school???  There could have been a better way to create some conflict with the pirates.  Maybe a new or old bounty that Mando had to track down.  I'm surprised the surviving pirate didn't take off in a Skittles colored speeder bike.  :P 

And maybe its just me, but the giant monster battles (giant gator) just seem silly and really didn't have anything to do with the overall story.  Mando already knew he had to redeem himself in the pools below the mines so I'm not sure why he had to go back and have The Armorer tell him that again.  He went to the space station covert (in BoBF?) and got this info.  If they needed to refresh people's memory there could have been a much simpler way of doing this.  I guess maybe he is going to enlist this covert later for help, but again I'm not sure there needed to be a giant gator battle.  Eh, maybe I'm the only one that thinks these monster battles are a little silly (giant gator, Krayt dragon, BoBf sand best). 

I did like the space whales that Grogu spotted while in hyperspace.  That was a nice call back.  Hopefully these come back around in the Ahsoka live action show if they end up on a quest to find Ezra.

I know Andor is a high bar and aimed at adults, but there wasn't much unnecessary stuff in that show.  Each scene added to the whole without serious tangents that left you scratching your head.  I'm hoping The Mandalorian can still be kid oriented and fun, but without some of the nonsense we saw in BoBF.