Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 137388 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #450 on: March 30, 2018, 02:25 PM »
I guess they don't need my money now...sigh.

That's OK, you can use that money to buy all the animated Clone Wars clone troopers I'll be selling in the next few months to help pay for my barge...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #451 on: March 30, 2018, 02:35 PM »
UGH - time to totally steer clear of JTA - not only is a certain someone going to feel like they can take 100% credit for making it happen, the sycophants are all going to be congratulating him for making it happen.  ::)

Lmao I got a text saying pretty much exactly this from a buddy.  Basically yeah, forget all the Entertainment Weekly stuff and national coverage...  I’m honestly surprised it was as slow to back as it was.  I watch Kickstarter campaigns and they fly by fast.  This one was close.  I thought the collecting community was a little more robust and that it would’ve backed faster.

I wonder now if people will back it more willingly and it’ll have a steady stream knowing it’s a done deal, or if there will be a drop off to the final day.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #452 on: March 30, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Oh, Paul.

I guess he has to be responsible, because it was all our fault a week ago for it failing. Or something. I never know with that kid. He's really all over the shop. On everything. Ever.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 30, 2018, 02:42 PM »
UGH - time to totally steer clear of JTA - not only is a certain someone going to feel like they can take 100% credit for making it happen, the sycophants are all going to be congratulating him for making it happen.  ::)

It was all Jesse's mojo of finally committing that opened the floodgates and made this happen.  ;D

Yeah, JTA... recently bashing MNs for some reason (Paul aimed that comment (joke or not) to this site or Yak).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 30, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Man, that really flew by today. I thought we would get there by Monday but wow. So happy to see this happen.

Like others, I'm in the "where will this go?" camp, but I egos some ideas. Like I've mentioned before, this has really spurred on my 'what is really important in my collection' movement. I've been selling a lot of stuff off, and storing away more as well, just to clear space and make things a little less crowded. Anyways, awesome to see this happen, now the wait to get it begins.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 30, 2018, 02:47 PM »
I guess they don't need my money now...sigh.

That's OK, you can use that money to buy all the animated Clone Wars clone troopers I'll be selling in the next few months to help pay for my barge...  :P

PM me when you do!  I don't know how much I'm looking to spend right now, but after skipping Clone Wars and collecting Rebels, I'm thinking about going back and doing the whole CW thing.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 30, 2018, 02:50 PM »
It went up 300, on my lunch break.  I was gone a little over an hour.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 30, 2018, 03:40 PM »
I appreciated Paul thanking us for getting this made for him. Very generous everyone. ::)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:41 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 30, 2018, 04:38 PM »
Don't you know it's all about him?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #459 on: March 30, 2018, 05:43 PM »
I appreciated Paul thanking us for getting this made for him. Very generous everyone. ::)

Lmao
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #460 on: March 30, 2018, 05:45 PM »

It was all Jesse's mojo of finally committing that opened the floodgates and made this happen.  ;D

Thank you thank you.  But I couldn’t have done it without myself, and so I want to take time out to thank me for my tireless work to wait and wait and wait to make my purchase so as to build a level of suspense of people behind me waiting to see what I would do before they finally would back their own barges.  It was a lot of sacrifice, on my part and mine alone, and I know you all appreciate what I and I alone have done for the hobby...  you’re welcome, as I have saved Star Wars.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 30, 2018, 07:57 PM »
I wonder if they contacted Rick Springfield. He's like almost Steve Sansweet levels of SW collector.

Wow. Did a double take on the name. Sure enough, a youtube search confirms he's the same guy.

That is a serious collection.

And he's not just some rich dude blowing money on a passing interest. He acquired most of his figures when they first came out; rock star/actor arriving into town and then scouring the local Toys R Us.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #462 on: March 30, 2018, 08:08 PM »
And he made my gfs song.  Guys cool by me.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 30, 2018, 09:29 PM »

Hells yes he did!  And that Jesse made that Barge happen!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #464 on: March 31, 2018, 07:48 AM »

Hells yes he did!  And that Jesse made that Barge happen!

;D ;D ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram