Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 182201 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back (Spring 2009)
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2009, 02:13 PM »
I think the stance might vary a bit Paul.  That's a test shot, and the other photo we've seen shows a very neutral stance.  Still, stances are fixable easily, so that's not a huge deal to me.  I have fixed tons of Rebel honor guards I've bought.  It's minor.

If I have a gripe it'll be the skirt...  I'd like to see a final figure, to see if the skirt is going to be there or not.  It too would be fixable with a piece of white fabric I think, but that's getting a good bit more involved and costly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2009, 02:45 PM »

The Hoth Rebel looks good and as long as it's not as scrawny as it looks, i'll be army building.  A waist coat/loin cloth would help.

The ugnaughts are nice.  Prolly get the imperial too.

I'm not getting anything else here, but I will say this about the emperor figure:

"We don't wants it!!!  We don't wants the precious!!!!"

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:47 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2009, 02:47 PM »
I like Monkey Emperor for the novelty of it... 

Kinda like concept figures, no?  I dig the idea for the novelty but they sorta stand alone on the shelf.  The monkey Emperor is gonna come at you like a Spider Monkey Dressel, watch it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2009, 03:43 PM »
JJ I think you have been given sub-par Rebel Army Builders for so long that you will now accept pretty much anything that doesn't outright suck.  Certainly you have not mellowed in my absense from SW stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I am waiting with guarded optimism for this to be the "Ultimate" version of Tactical Hoth Rebel Troopers.  But I wanted that with the Death Star Trooper a year ago too...

I like this wave enough to order the case online too.

Monkey Emperor is for those of us that remember him when...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2009, 03:54 PM »
This figure looks miles superior to the DST...  I can work with the DST, but he's not perfect by a longshot.  He has a lot of good features, but his articulation points aren't pretty (I always have been able to tolerate that though, as I prefer having the joints instead of not having the joints), and he's obviously too tall.  Again, too tall is fixable, but it's like the skirt on the Hoth Rebel here...  Fixable but a major flaw.

The stance doesn't bug me...  Fixing that is a pretty simple process that doesn't damage the figure even, so that I can handle.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2009, 04:56 PM »
I am just lazy and don't want to have to "fix" it........

I feel sorry for Rob though...without me Army building in DFW for over a year, he has had a pretty easy go of it...

I also see a decent Hoth Luke custom coming out of that Hoth Rebel if the figure is taller than an Ewok...(I'll hope for the best)...

I think it would not be beyond Hasbro to include all the accessories/heads in the same pack, but their history in SW and Joe is that spare "heads" come in Comic Packs to this point.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2009, 05:02 PM »
I don't wnat to either, but the reposing is at least easy... 

The other stuff are things that I consider major gripes though (skirt, if he's diminutively small, etc.).  To me the DST was a nice update, but far from perfect.  Just better than the old figure.  I'd take a new one in a haertbeat that was given to a better sculptor/designer I think, as whoever did the DST seemed to do a rushjob on him. 

Yet somehow the Needa looked good...  Weird.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2009, 05:10 PM »
It's all about the Boots...

Needa (a Captain) needs officer boots...Death Star TROOPER..needs Trooper Boots...

I am also hoping the Hats for the Hoth Trooper are not too bluky as we have seen on a few other Hoth Hat/Helmets.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2009, 05:36 PM »
The only litmus test we have is Han's really...  I am ok with it if it's removable.  It's kind of like articulation to me...  I'd prefer to have articulation that isn't pretty, than not to have the ability to pose a figure.  Likewise I'd rather have a little larger headgear that pops off than not have removable headgear at all.  I think it'll be ok because Hasbro's done fairly well with removable helmets.  The big gripe anyone seems to have are Clone/Trooper helmets bulging at the face.

Beyond that they've been ok.  I thought Hoth Han's was nice.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2009, 08:44 PM »
It makes more sense financially for Hasbro to give us one head at a time as a running change.  Otherwise, they're shipping out two craniums for every one body, meaning they're wasting money on the plastic for every duplicate.

Don't they do that for some of the Joes though? I thought I remembered seeing a couple of those that ship with alternate heads.

They might do that for the Joes.  But look at the Star Wars group's history.  They did the running change with the ROTS Royal Guards, the ROTS Wookiee Warriors and the TSC Endor Rebels.  If they hold true to pattern they'll do a running change with the Hoth Rebel, too.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 08:45 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2009, 08:51 PM »
Sounds like we have a few questions for the next Hasbro Q&A regarding the Hoth Trooper's skirt and multiple heads/accessories. ;)

Regarding Monkey Emperor, it's totally cool that we're getting it but Hasbro could have done a lot better on the sculpt. Or design it as a shadowed hologram or something.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2009, 09:53 PM »
I feel sorry for Rob though...without me Army building in DFW for over a year, he has had a pretty easy go of it...

No need, I've made it a habit not to buy multiples of troops that have identical faces unless they're supposed to (clones).

I'll buy one Hoth trooper, and if they switch his face out, I'll buy one more.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2009, 12:13 AM »
The first thing I thought of with Luke's accessory was 2-1B's tool poking him in the palm of his hand, testing his pain receptors.  Oh, over at RS someone put together a nice little comparison of Ugnaughts:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2009, 12:15 AM »
There are many variations of outfit for the Ugnaughts depending on whether they were seen in the hallways or in the carbon freeze chamber, but one minor gripe is that the blue apron version doesn't have the grey apron going down to his feet like in the reference pic or in the POTF2 one.  Still, as mentioned, it could be an off-screen variant.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2009, 12:24 AM »
Yeah I'm treating them as not so much replacements, but just more Ugnaughts.  I'd like the hunchback human looking one now.  I'm not gonna retire the originals though.  They were good in their own right.