Author Topic: holiday get2gethas, Can you feel it?!  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: holiday get2gethas, Can you feel it?!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 01:44 AM »
This year will be the first Christmas in 34 years that I won't be spending with my family, thanks to our scheduler who screwed me out of my Holiday Leave.  It's the same thing every year each Christmas with my family as well, but I'm really going to miss it.

The bright side is, I get to spend Christmas Eve with my Girlfriend, so maybe I can start some sort of new holiday tradition.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 02:41 PM »
You know, it is a shame that you had such a sucky Christmas when you were younger, but think of your kids now and the impression they are getting from you being so miserable now year after year. 
There is no guarantee in life, and if this was the last Christmas you had with your family, how would you want it to be?
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 09:31 PM »
he,he I NEVER look that far ahead. My kids have a blast at christmas they couldn't begin to understand my problems because they have a dad that loves/cares about them. I'm not the "make it bad for everyone else type" just venting my frustrations in a simple forum( to be made a mockery of ...it's all good-I'm sure I deserve it,so pile on ;))

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2005, 11:34 PM »
I don't have much problem with holidays but at the same time I don't have much family, nor are they close to begin with.

I'll spend X-Mas eve just in my hometown where my grandmother lives.  She hosts for my father's side of the family, but that's small especially this year since people have work and things and can't come. 

I'll go home a little while then later go to my girlfriend's house a while and hang out with her, help her do the gifts and then I'll go back home.  I'll spend X-Mas day with my parents and my brother will probably be there.  I'll eat dinner at home with them as my girlfriend goes to her family event then.  I'll go back to her house late and share gifts with her and the kids.

Not much driving at all, fairly simple day...  Fine by me for certain.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 09:51 AM »
We used to drive to MD for Christmas.  I'd go to my parents and my hubby would go to his (we usually only had 2 days).  Now everyone lives within 30 minutes so we don't have to travel :).  We usually do a quiet  ??? Christmas at the house with the kids.  My husband's shop closes for a week at Christmas so we'll pick other days to go to the Grandparents'.  Nice and easy, finally. :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 10:58 AM »
Nice and easy, finally. :)

sounds nice and uncomplicated...I wish...