Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 135023 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #330 on: March 19, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Can you post pictures comparing the scout to the the VOTC Stormtrooper & this year's AT-AT Driver? ;D

Excellent idea!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 19, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Can you post pictures comparing the scout to the the VOTC Stormtrooper & this year's AT-AT Driver? ;D

Excellent idea!
Thanks,I want to see all 3 of the most-SA imperial troopers together.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 19, 2006, 10:03 PM »

Here you go, again, I apologize for the quality of the photos.  My wife is not back yet with the good camera....Also I am going out of town for business tomorrow early, so if there are more requests, they'll have to get covered Friday.   But I do plan on taking Biker Scout, Han Endor, VOTC Chewie and some VOTC stormies on the trip..

Here are the group shots:

and a bit of humor, the Imperial Version of "Hear no Eviil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 19, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Thanks,dude! :)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 19, 2006, 11:43 PM »

That would make a great avatar...  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 20, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Great pictures pmundheim, thanks so much for sharing.  All of the figures look great to me, and I really like the comparison/group shots as well.  The Han is even better than I was hoping, and everything looks new there as well.  I'm hoping to get a few of that one.  The Scout, is of course amazing, and I like the shot w/his other imperial "homeboys".  It really reminds me how we need a Snowtrooper done in that style as well too, to fit in with the rest :).  Thanks again for the pics, can't wait to get a hold of these (several I'm hoping).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 20, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Those are great pics.  I think you're ready for a photonovel now.   :)

:P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 20, 2006, 12:59 PM »
those are great pics.  thank you.  thank you.  thank you.  seems if hasbro or customizer could easily repaint the arms and vest a dark blue and you'll have a perfect bespin han.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Man, that Han Solo is like 3 figures in 1.  I definitely need to get 2 of him - 1 for Endor and 1 for the Cantina since I missed out on the original VOTC Han.  Right now the only figure I don't want doubles of his Greedo.  All the rest I want 2-3 of each. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2006, 05:06 PM »
I agree... I think the Greedo will be a pegwarmer.  Han might too, to some degree.  The VOTC Han was a pegwarmer.

I wonder how much they will produce these.  With 5 figures in it, I think they will keep the run pretty high, but who knows. 

I'm surprised an Emperor isn't in this.  They could have used the Evolutions body w/ a new head/hands.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2006, 05:54 PM »
those are great pics.  thank you.  thank you.  thank you.  seems if hasbro or customizer could easily repaint the arms and vest a dark blue and you'll have a perfect bespin han.

Or you can just take the jacket off of the Princess Leia Collection Bespin Han and you're all set.  That's what I'm doing.

SilverZ

« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2006, 06:18 PM »
I agree... I think the Greedo will be a pegwarmer.  Han might too, to some degree.  The VOTC Han was a pegwarmer.

Yeah, I think you'll be right with those two. I really wish they'd announce a refresh case with 1x Han, 1x Greedo, 1x Luke, and 3x Tuskens and 4x Scouts. That would compensate for what I think the pegs will look like after the first restocks happen and those Greedos, Hans, and Lukes start lingering.

I'd like an Emperor like that as well, but I'd want them to take another shot at the robes and correct the underscaled hood.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 22, 2006, 07:16 PM »

That would make a great avatar...  ;D

I don't know guys, the head on that biker scout is a little small and out of scale.  I think that helmet should be about 25% bigger.  I'm not too nuts about it.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 22, 2006, 09:16 PM »
I think the helmet might be a bit underscaled too... but the Stormtrooper one definitely is... or at least I think so.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #344 on: March 23, 2006, 01:59 AM »
I dunno, it's smaller than stormtrooper helmets so I'm ok with it right now...  It's a snug fit on the actors from what I'd seen of "real" ones off the extras...  So I'm pretty content with that figure myself.

Paul, more awesome photos man.  Thanks for sharing.  You can't imagine my envy right now, haha. :)

The Han is great too because I agree, it's like 3 figures in one...  w/out the holster he's Carkoon Solo (as he should've been).  W/out the coat he's Endor Bunker Han (as he should've been).  Obviously w/the jacket he's the perfect Endor Landing Solo.

I'm all about buying multiple Solo figures at this point.  I'm gonna go broke as hell buying this series.

I'm not TOO concerned about pegwarming yet.  Finding the Scouts and Sandpeople I want I am concerned about.  For Han and the gang, this is one wave...  While ANH VOTC Han sat, I blame that in part because that was a staggered series of waves for each film...  Every store ordered assloads of ANH wave and they backed up the other waves.  It was silly.  Han was just a victim (as god knows we all are) of retail ignorance.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77