Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336892 times)

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Sweet McMetal!  And you got the BOGO 50% off deal as well, right?   

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 16, 2010, 02:38 PM »
Sweet McMetal!  And you got the BOGO 50% off deal as well, right?   

Yep, it was $11 and change for both figures total. Gotta love that! I bet the sale ends Sunday too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 20, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Kmart has had the Y-wing and ARC-170 on clearance for $52. Today I noticed they're offering 50% all clearance toys so I picked up the Y-wing for $26. Not the steal the $4 Snowspeeder was but still much better than the $62.99 MSRP. Patience paid off!
Post sober.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 20, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Kmart has had the Y-wing and ARC-170 on clearance for $52. Today I noticed they're offering 50% all clearance toys so I picked up the Y-wing for $26. Not the steal the $4 Snowspeeder was but still much better than the $62.99 MSRP. Patience paid off!

Thanks for posting this. I went to my local KMart and found the same thing. I picked up two CW Y-wings. Didn't find the Imperial grey ARC-170 though. :(

But still, two for $55 and change (tax) is a GREAT deal. I'm SO glad I waited on these. I just couldn't bring myself to pay the original sticker price of $70. Now I have two for less than the price of one originally!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 20, 2010, 09:30 PM »
Went to Target today - there's not even a Star wars section anymore, I really don't like this, especially because there are reports that this is nearly nation-wide. I found a few clearance Malakillis and role-play lightsabers and Clone helmets, but they were scattered throughout the toy aisle.

Maybe Star Wars products will hit in huge force and take over the front 'Toy Story' section? Since this new collection is considered "special", it wouldn't be surprising if it got a larger retail area.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 20, 2010, 09:36 PM »
Maybe Star Wars products will hit in huge force and take over the front 'Toy Story' section? Since this new collection is considered "special", it wouldn't be surprising if it got a larger retail area.

SW/TF/Joe all share the same reboot at Target so it makes me wonder which line will get the "lion's share" with that new lil endcap they have at each store.  I'm sure Toy Story will get pushed aside as the Ironman stuff did.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #351 on: July 21, 2010, 08:12 PM »
All the KM clearance talk prompted me to stop in on my way home this evening and they had the new Deluxe figures out.  Not sure if they're a good price or not at $16.99, but that didn't seem absurd compared to what I recall the others selling for.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 23, 2010, 10:42 AM »
Yep, the K-Mart buzz got me motivated too...I drove across town last night and scored all the new Deluxe sets for around $53. (Ouch, BTW) Great to have these, all in very good condition packaging-wise too.

No sign of Jodo Kast yet, but apparently he has been spotted already out of state, so the Hunt continues.

Nothing new whatsoever at TRU. Kinda weird they are not trying to capitalize on their corner of the market by restocking the TVC stuff around here, they kidn of shat their wad and that was it.  :-\

and no sign of Kul Teska or the AT-AT either.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 23, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Picked up chick with stick in head and the Mando at TRU tonight.  Still need to find the cop.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2010, 09:33 PM »
Still looking for Pre Vizla, but nabbed a Y-Wing for $30 at Target tonight.  It was a fair enough price.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 27, 2010, 11:09 PM »
Oddly enough, I scored the new Obi-Wan w/Barc Speeder and SideCar Deluxe set tonight at TRU. I had not heard of the Wave 1 Revision 2 hitting yet, so this was a cool surprise.

What sucks is it also means I missed the Mando with Speeder set that I am really stoked for...durnit.  >:(

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2010, 11:09 PM »
Picked up four things for my MIB/MOC collection today:
  • Kul Teska
  • Cad Bane w/Pirate Bike
  • Anakin w/Naboo Star Skiff
  • Plo Koon w/Speeder Bike

Picked a couple of things to add to my loose collection:
  • A second Anakin w/Naboo Star Skiff so I can display the Anakin figure outside the vehicle; and...
  • Red/White Clone Wars Padme figure to pilot the Star Skiff

A TRU I frequent is getting four cases of the Deluxe wave on tomorrow's truck, I'm hoping that a couple of those cases are the Wave 2 sets like McMetal found - I am really excited to get my hands on that Mando w/Speeder Bike set.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 30, 2010, 08:36 PM »
Tonight I got:
Cad Bane w/Speeder Bike
Plo Koon w/speeder Bike
Capt Rex Cold Weather Gear

Also got Vintage:
AT-AT Commander
Dak
Cloud Car Pilot
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 31, 2010, 10:30 AM »
BIG scores last night...one of the local Targets had gone ahead and fully stocked for the reset. They had TVC figures, TCW figures, Legends, all the new vehicles, deluxe sets (Wave 1 only), PLUS the 4 new Battlepacks AND the new AT-AT!!!  ;D

I drooled over the AT-AT for a few minutes, but I had already made the decision to hold out for the Vintage packaged version. Hard to walk away from that bad boy though.

I did go ahead and pick up the Droids & Clones BP as well as the Anti-Hailfire Squad - they are both marvelous. I also picked up a very minty Boba Fett from the TVC line to replace the 2 slightly dinged ones I had already procured from TRU.

They also had the Rex and Ani Force Battlers or whatever. Still can't decide if I want these or not. They look pretty cool though, and are definitely in the animated style, so it's a maybe.

I have a feeling the proverbial flood gates are about to open. Yee-haw!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2010, 02:57 PM »
Picked up the Anti-Hailfire Droid Squad and Clones and Droids Battle Packs from Target, along with the three Wave 1 deluxe sets (Anakin/Star Skiff, Bane/Pirate Speeder, and Plo/Speeder Bike) from TRU.com. 

Also grabbed the Saga Legends Battle Droid set from TRU earlier in the week (and was amazed that they are actually the Geonosis Arena SA versions from last fall and not the goofy 2002 Saga molds I was expecting Hasbro to cheap out with).  They even included two stands!