Author Topic: Target Exclusive Imperial Shuttle  (Read 90999 times)

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Imperial Shuttle??
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2006, 08:42 PM »

2 "Imperial Shuttle Pilots" made from POTJ/Saga Imperial Officers with a deco similar to the pit crewers visible on the Star Destroyers' bridges (light gray jumpsuit, black gloves and hat). No weapons will be included.
If only this proves to be true i will be a very happy person when i find it :)
-Dhivael

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Looks like this thing is in the Target Computers now:

Imperial Shuttle: 087-06-0483 - $59.99

No info on a release date (other than "Fall 2006") and no info on the pack-in figures yet...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Huh, colour me surprised at the price at Target.  Pleasantly surprised though.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 11:47 AM »
I'm pessimistic (can you believe it), I don't think this thing wil show up at $59.99.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2006, 11:51 AM »
Its nice to see a little further (possible) confirmation on this showing up at Target.  I missed it the first time around at FAO/KB, because I just couldn't afford it at that time.  If this does indeed show up at $59.99, I can probably swing it - even though we might end up seeing this, the TRU AT-AT, and whatever else all at the same time :P.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2006, 12:01 PM »
$60?

2  pack-in  figs?

General Han Solo (Saga)  and  Wicket.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2006, 12:05 PM »
POTF2 Royal Guard and Imperial Scanner Trooper  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2006, 12:21 PM »
POTF2 Royal Guard and Imperial Scanner Trooper  :P

Nooooooooo.  Not the Scanner, I just bought 15 of those guys over the winter. 

They'll be new figures and brand new sculpts.   A new dignitary and a brand new shuttle pilot.  No, really.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2006, 11:36 PM »
Better not be, I don't wanna buy the thing. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 1, 2006, 02:31 AM »
Crap like this makes me furious with Hasbro.  I was a broke ass college kid when the FAO one came out and I had to scrape together $155.00 to get one shippped to me (despite a lack of electronics, pack in figures, etc...).  Why did I do this?  Because they specifically said that it would be limited to 5,000 and only be at FAO. 

Now that I've got a job and a salary, the thing is going to come out again, for less than half the price, with figures, at a store near me.

bull****.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 1, 2006, 08:16 AM »
I wouldn't get too worked up quite yet, Rob.

Prices have been known to change.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 1, 2006, 01:22 PM »
I'm only worked up in the internet-star-wars-nerd-toy-collector way.  I'm not real-life worked up. :)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 1, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Crap like this makes me furious with Hasbro.  I was a broke ass college kid when the FAO one came out and I had to scrape together $155.00 to get one shippped to me (despite a lack of electronics, pack in figures, etc...). 
bull****.

I must say I'm quite pleased with Hasbro being consistently predictable. I didn't buy this years back since it was soooo much $. I had a chance at a mall FAO in Dallas/FW area but I figured Hasbro would rerelease it since ..don't they rerelease most stuff? I hoped I could get it for less. I had know idea this much less(definately pleased with that). Will gladly pick it up this time for the reduced rate ;)

The Negative: Shoot, I missed all those years of play time not having it sooner :-X

The DS

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 1, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Crap like this makes me furious with Hasbro.  I was a broke ass college kid when the FAO one came out and I had to scrape together $155.00 to get one shippped to me (despite a lack of electronics, pack in figures, etc...).  Why did I do this?  Because they specifically said that it would be limited to 5,000 and only be at FAO. 

Now that I've got a job and a salary, the thing is going to come out again, for less than half the price, with figures, at a store near me.

I understand your frustration, but I can't be mad when an item is later re-released... they specifically also said when the VOTC figures came out, that none of those would ever be released again in any form, but we're essentially getting the Stormtrooper again (aka the Tatooine Sandtrooper) and 3PO it the upcoming ROTJ set.  Heck I hope all the VOTC figures are repacked again, and cheaper than $10-$12 a pop too.

Also I think you have to take into consideration that the line has a lot of years left, the ROTS line was very popular, etc; which changes things.  I think they've got to space it out with repacks to supplement the new sculpts... if a retailer expresses interest in a large vehicle, then I would think they should jump on it.  Imperial and Clone stuff is the most popular, and the only other large Imperial vehicle they could "repack" would be the AT-AT, which is already slated for TRU.  Of course I'd rather see an all new vehicle like an AT-TE or Turbo Tank, but my dream of that might never happen (unless of course they are in the upcoming TV series and have a big role, so I'll keep being optimistic on it).

Another thing, if I died tomorrow I'd be happy I paid $150 for the Shuttle a few years ago and had it in my collection for as long as I did.  But I do see being frustrated too.

:)

« Last Edit: June 1, 2006, 04:06 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #59 on: June 2, 2006, 08:48 AM »
Wasn't this rumored to be in the Playskool line of something?

****, if its in the regular line I'll be happy to get a second one as long as it looks as good as the FAO one...that thing has a beautiful paintjob.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram