Author Topic: 2020 TVC Imperial Troop Transport  (Read 9156 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2020 TVC Imperial Troop Transport
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2020, 02:36 AM »
What Rob said... 

I got one immediately and I’m getting a 2nd full price.  From there I’ll buy as many as I can justify but also as price decline dictates.  As Pawlus always says, vote with your wallet blah blah blah.  Hasbro does not look at 3.75” as super important but they are still throwing cool stuff our way.  6” is more important to them clearly.  If people want 3.75” around they need to support it, or they will eventually can it.

GMNick, I’m totally gonna weigh the two damn things! 🤣

I still can’t get over that being a complaint about it but hey, it’s the times we live in as collectors I guess.

I’ll never tell people how to spend their $.  I didn’t buy the XWings because they’re not my bag.  But this is and I can get on board supporting it, for whatever good it does.  People on social media are acting like $70 is breaking their lives...  I assume they don’t own cars, houses, or have children, or ever get sick. 🤦‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2020, 11:06 AM »
Preorder only on HTS?

It is up for pre-order everywhere, but here are helpful JD sponsor links for you.  ;)

Pre-Order links to JD sponsors: (#sponsored #ad)
Amazon.com - $69.99
Entertainment Earth - $69.99

Got my order in using the sponsor link.  Hope it helps, Jeff!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2020, 07:21 PM »
I received my Imperial Troop Transport from Entertainment Earth this past Wednesday, but on account of being sick the past couple days, haven’t had a chance to open it until today...  Here’s a quick review and some photos  8)

Overall, the vehicle looks fantastic and has excellent paint applications, weathering, and detail.  It is somewhat on the smaller side, but still fits in scale-wise with other vehicles like the Assault Tank.

As has been noted previously, only the left and right forward troop doors open whereas the others are fixed. A top hatch opens and a figure can stand on one of the interior jump seats to look out.  The gun turret rotates & has elevating guns.

Even the transport’s underside is highly detailed with the repulsorlifts, etc.

The real neat part of the vehicle is the interior.  The vehicle roof pulls off and there is a lot to look at in there.  From the wiring, to the floor plating, to the gun rack, to the folding jump seats, to the fans detailed on the roof part, this is certainly one of the best detailed Star Wars vehicles out there.  There are 6 jump seats detailed, though only four fold down.  A figure can’t really stand up in the interior, but that is actually similar to the way a lot of actual armored personnel carriers are.  Plenty of room in the interior for additional cargo.  The rear hatch opens upwards and it’s a little awkward to place a figure running out the hatch...

The cockpit is also very well detailed.  Because of the way the doors open, it a little hard to see everything in there, however there are all sorts of wiring and switches detailed. The drivers have actual seats and the control columns are movable.  Even the inside of the doors are detailed with latches, etc. I’m using a couple AT-ST crew figures in my transport and they work well.

Overall, I’m really happy with the new Imperial Troop Transport vehicle and am glad I got one.  It is yet another fantastic addition to the Vintage Collection line and I hope Hasbro continues to release highly detailed and functional vehicles like this for the collectors market  ;D
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2020, 11:36 AM »
Nice photos!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Yeah but does it say “There’s one, set for stun!”

;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2020, 11:29 PM »
Very cool looking!  Thanks for the detailed pics!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2020, 01:41 PM »
Yeah but does it say “There’s one, set for stun!”

;D
"R2-D2 where are you?!?"

Cool pics.  This thing looks cool.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2020, 12:10 PM »
The jump seats and rifle rack are great details for the interior.  The top hatch and rear hatch are cool, too.  And I like the way the exterior trooper positions connect with the troop bay.  And even though I never had the vintage vehicle, I would have appreciated the sound effects, too. 

Oh, and the AT-ST crew make perfect pilots for this vehicle!  Good photos, too. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:12 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2020, 01:19 PM »
Thanks for the comments on the photos, everyone :D

I agree including sound effects would have been neat, but I’m perfectly OK without them...  Batteries can get old, explode, and ruin the electronics (a fact I sadly learned from my Clone Wars AT-AP).  It’s best not to have those features in my book.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 9, 2020, 09:04 PM »
Received my shipping notice from EE!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2020, 11:20 PM »
Mine showed up today and it's a fantastic piece!  I love the homage to the vintage troop transport and the modern details!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Got my order today. Unfortunately neither arrived Mint-in-Box, so I have to deal with EE's Mint Condition Guarantee now.

I have been ordering from them since the late 90s, I like them and am happy to support them, but I am getting tired of complaining to them that their warehouse team is doing them no favors by taking a Hasbro shipping box, that clearly has damage, and then putting it into an EE shipping box without any padding on two or more sides around the Hasbro box (typically the top and bottom).

>:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 4, 2020, 06:18 PM »
I cracked mine open just now.  It's a really well done vehicle.  I think it's more like a $50 item than a $70 item, but I'm just happy to have new 3.75" anything to open up.

Weird though that we have 2 Mandalorian vehicles, neither of which is the Razor Crest, and a grand total of 4 figures so far.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2020, 06:18 PM by Rob »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 8, 2020, 10:27 AM »
Man, I put my ITT through its paces back in the 70's, I was very eager to get this one. When it arrived last week, my 10-year old played with it for about an hour (which is unheard of for non-Lego toys around here!) He even went in his room and dug out a Stormtrooper figure he had stashed somewhere (who is now living in one of the side compartments for posterity.) I put it on display with some other "not in the movies" Imperial soldiers...

I am very pleased with it, but upon further inspection I think mine might be slightly defective...it appears to be missing a layer of the paint wash on the removable roof panel.  :'(

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 8, 2020, 12:01 PM »
Great story Muftak!  That roof panel does look a little off.  Mine blends in so well, that I almost forgot that it was removable!
This is the way.

I have spoken.