Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 105070 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #690 on: November 19, 2009, 01:55 AM »
The three SNAKE Armor sets I bought on Ebay haven't shown up yet but in the meantime I found 2 at Target today.  They are very cool and look awesome on display.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #691 on: November 19, 2009, 12:27 PM »
That Snow Job is freakin' insane.  I'll definitely pick that up.

Those new Snake Armor sets are nice too.  Hopefully my Target will get them, I'd gladly pick up a couple of those.  How do the 25th figure fit in them?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #692 on: November 19, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Those new Snake Armor sets are nice too.  Hopefully my Target will get them, I'd gladly pick up a couple of those.  How do the 25th figure fit in them?

E...

Suprisingly easy - though I've only used the "viper" that comes with the sets so I'm not sure if H tweaked the mold or not.

Duh...I didn't answer your question - I guess.  I have the Tunnel Rat & Monkey Wrench pack to open tonight and will try them.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:32 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #693 on: November 22, 2009, 10:16 PM »
There's a 2 for 1 sale currently at K-mart. I picked up Jungle Ripcord, CS Duke, Desert Viper, and the Crimson Neo-Viper for $15 plus tax, which is fantastic. I might go back and clean out the Elite Vipers and Ice Vipers, since this is the cheapest I've ever seen them.

I also scored all the WM Battle Stations. The LAW and maybe the Heetseek (MMS) are a little outdated (screaming Cold War), but the rest are great.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #694 on: November 23, 2009, 12:26 AM »
I opened up the Surveillance Port and the plastic is very cheap compared to the original.  The blue plastic bends a lot but overall the set is cool still.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #695 on: November 23, 2009, 12:50 AM »
I saw the WM sets on Friday night and actually thought they looked pretty good.  Fun sets anyway.

I stopped in KMart today to look for SW figs and totally forgot that the Joes were on sale for the same BOGO pricing.  I know they didn't have a lot as I've been in there most of the past week.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #696 on: November 24, 2009, 03:53 AM »
That SNAKE armor is so cool...  Reminds me of my childhood when I see it, and how badass I thought the armor was at the time.  I remember the episode it first appeared in too hidden in the cave...  When I saw those new sets at Target I really felt like GIJ is getting some kickass stuff.  Plust htat's only $10!  Nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #697 on: November 25, 2009, 02:44 PM »
GIJCC 2010 Membership figure previews

3-3/4" Big Lob
12" AT Urban Adventurer
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #698 on: November 25, 2009, 03:56 PM »
I'm pretty psyched for the Urban Adventurer, can't wait to see the accessory set.  I just wish they would switch to KFG hands instead of the hard hands.

The Big Lob figure also looks pretty good.  I might actually pick him up this year.  I usually pass on the 3.75" Figure.

And while I'm posting, anyone else see the new Sideshow Firefly figure?  Thoughts?  I think he looks good but other than the cammo there's nothing inherently Firefly about him...he could be a relatively generic terrorist type.  Still, I'm once again tempted to order him, he's one of my favorite Cobras.  I'll probably just end up kitbashing one out of a Hasbro fig like I've already done for Snake and Shadow.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #699 on: November 27, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Can't wait for Big Lob. It might actually get me to sign up for the Club. :)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #700 on: November 27, 2009, 10:30 PM »

Or you can have mine if you want it.  Not truly interested in this one.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #701 on: November 28, 2009, 05:27 PM »
I stopped at Target in Vestal, NY on Wed and found the new deluxe packs and picked up a Snake Armor set.  They had two and I was tempted but passed on the second one.  It's an excellent toy.  All the parts fit fine and the figure packed with it fits okay.  I'll probably put in a vintage or pre-25th figure to see how they fit

Still, nice set for $10.  Some of the other packs in that second wave looked kind of cool also.  

Edit to add that I saw the TRU exclusive figures on Wed night.  They had both but when I stopped in for a second on Friday I didn't see Bench Press, but they still had a couple Snow Serpents.

E...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:05 PM by efranks »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #702 on: November 28, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Anyone picking up the TRU green Moccasin?  I'm fine with my two 25th versions and don't really care for the figures, but I'm kinda tempted.  Haven't really compared pics from when the "original" version shipped, but I believe BBTS or EE had it tagged as green back in the day.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #703 on: November 29, 2009, 02:13 AM »
AFAIK, the new TRU Mocassin is in some weird camo pattern, and doesn't look at all like the 25th version. Which stinks, since I can't seem to find that one. I've been thinking about getting this new one anyway, since I always liked the Water Moccasin and Copperhead.

Or you can have mine if you want it.  Not truly interested in this one.

Sure thing.  :)   Just LMK when it comes, and I can shoot a Paypal payment your way. Thanks for the hook-up.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 02:14 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #704 on: November 29, 2009, 09:02 PM »
Finally found Deluxe wave 2 at a local Target. Of course, I'd have rent AND utilities due this week, so I only picked up a Serpent/SNAKE armor set. It's great, and the pack-in Viper is pretty neat too.