Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 105072 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #735 on: December 29, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Charbroil was a vintage Joe back from 88.  This is a "throwback" I guess.

Ah, my mistake.  I saw the flamethrower and the similar vest type thing and thought of Blowtorch.  I guess I wasn't even aware of the original Charbroil...or I forgot.  Thanks!

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #736 on: December 29, 2009, 05:47 PM »
That 25th style Charbroil is very cool.  I really hope they make a Night Force version.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #737 on: December 30, 2009, 10:05 PM »
Hey Joe-Heads,

Any questions for the QnA?  I've got a couple, but I want you guys to get a chance to ask too, especially if the rumor is true that the GI Joe QnA is about to die...

I am on a Joe kick right now, so I've contacted all the sources in Hong Kong and Singapore to get some Pursuit of Cobra goodies...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #738 on: December 31, 2009, 12:49 AM »
Don't they only do the Joe Q&A once a month anyway?  Why are they killing it, lack of interest or the Joe team is just not interested in hearing the fanboys whine?

I know one thing, the answers from the Joe Q&A seem to have been a lot less friendly than the SW answers.  No personalities over there, apparently.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #739 on: December 31, 2009, 08:13 AM »
I don't know why they are killing it, but the TONE of the questions from some sites are not the most polite. And the repetition of the same question from sites not just in the same QnA, but the month after month might have been an issue.

Remember in the early days fo the SW QnA the answers and questions had the same issues.  I think the Lucasfilm part of the relationship forced it to work.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #740 on: December 31, 2009, 09:46 AM »
Well that just sucks.  Hasbro seemed pretty rude and blunt on the first few rounds of Transformer QnA's, but they seemed to have kinda gotten their act together somewhat.  Shame....  I'd like to throw out my Titanium question from a few weeks back, but no biggie.

I'm diggin the new card art if it's legit.  Can't stand the ROC packaging.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 10:27 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #741 on: January 1, 2010, 01:46 PM »
They took it down.  :(  Does anyone have a copy they can post here?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #742 on: January 1, 2010, 01:59 PM »
Joe card

I think since Hasbro asked the sites to take it down it's a good bet that this is either the style that's going to be used, or it was a final option that didn't make it.  Either way, when H sends the C&D, it's a decent bet we're on to something.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #743 on: January 4, 2010, 12:31 PM »
I really like the new card look, if that is indeed what it will look like.  Vintage/25th like, in a way, but different too.  I'm still hoping we'll see more of the 25th style stuff come back.  I have to admit, I hadn't bought much Joe stuff for quite awhile, but after getting the City Strike (Resolute) Snake Eyes, I'm sort of getting jazzed about the line again.  I wish we'd see more from that movie (more episodes too), and not quite as much movie stuff.  I guess the movie line was/is pretty well done, and some of the "just off screen" stuff they do is nice too, but I don't just want to see a sea of different Dukes either.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #744 on: January 4, 2010, 01:54 PM »
I'm wishing now that I'd followed all the Resolute figures that came out.  I only picked up the CS Snake Eyes and TRU Firefly but passed on the original Resolute releases in the 25th package and the WM 2-pack with Gung Ho.  I don't know if I want to spend the cash to backtrack now.

The other set that I never bought, but looking at it now, should have is the Assault on Cobra Island Joe set.  That has some excellent figs in it, including Recondo, who is one of my favorite Joes.  That set's still around for a decent price, though.

I shouldn't buy any more Joe stuff, though.  Even with looking at a big gap in SW this year I don't think I'll pick up more Joes.  I'd actually rather pick up some of the Avatar stuff now and then save for CV.

E...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #745 on: January 4, 2010, 05:09 PM »
e,

don't forget the Resolute Roadblock in the WM exclusive "Outpost Defender" set.  And the 2 pack that Gung Ho came in is on clearance at our Wal Marts.

If anybody needs Assault on Cobra Island guys that AREN'T Ripcord or Zap...(like Recondo) let me know I got extras and would love to send them to a new home.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #746 on: January 4, 2010, 07:08 PM »
Hey Paul,

Can you show a pic of those figures?  My bro and I may be interested in your left-overs if you're dumping them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #747 on: January 4, 2010, 08:00 PM »
If anybody needs Assault on Cobra Island guys that AREN'T Ripcord or Zap...(like Recondo) let me know I got extras and would love to send them to a new home.

That's one pack that I always wanted to pick up, but never got around to it I guess.  It is still in stock places like BBTS too.  If you have extras you're willing to sell Paul, let me know - I wouldn't mind picking a few of those guys up if available.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #748 on: January 4, 2010, 09:32 PM »

Here's some boat images.  I'm not sure if they're new or not, but I thought you GIJ guys would like seeing it either way.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2010, 09:39 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #749 on: January 4, 2010, 10:15 PM »
Thanks for the boat pic Jesse.  Haven't seen that one before.  Looks like modular weapons which is cool, but a big pass for myself.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN