Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59673 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Project
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2020, 12:04 PM »
Love that tier 2. However, I imagine those not buying the Crest are losing their minds right now

My gut tells me they will be fine... (unless they are carded collectors who need all variants).  I think the distinction is going to be "end of season 1 pram".  I am guessing the standard release will have the other version of the pram that he was in for most of season 1 perhaps?

More pics of The Child here.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:10 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2020, 12:35 PM »
How much are you willing to bet that the ball he's holding fits on the lever in the cockpit?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2020, 12:45 PM »
Based on the other pictures, it looks like his hand may be sculpted with the ball.  Hoping it's a separate piece but won't be surprised if it's not removable at this scale.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2020, 12:53 PM »
Ugh! The dilemma! I need one carded and a loose one!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2020, 03:13 PM »
I am also underwhelmed with the Escape Pod. 

Yeah, me too.  You know they designed this in from the beginning, and maybe chose to exclude it for cost reasons until base level profits were hit.  Although it would be really easy to be cynical and say they designed and planned this all along, so the unlock is largely for show.

Just read Adam Pawlus' latest Q&A on Galactic Hunter.  I'm not sure if he still prowls around this site, but he basically feels these "stretch goals" are more pre-planned reveals than added goodies we weren't going to get.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2020, 04:32 PM »
I totally feel that way.  If they really were incentives that wouldn't otherwise get made, I'd expect to see more unlock levels listed.  10k feels like an easy target to get through the current two listed. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2020, 06:33 PM »
Just looking at the video of the escape pod is proof of that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2020, 09:23 PM »
Love that tier 2. However, I imagine those not buying the Crest are losing their minds right now

I'm underwhelmed with Tier 1 & 2. I want to be whelmed damnit!.

I don't think I would care about the escape pod even if it is used in season 2.
Also, the lack of carbonite blocks is shocking. There had better be a surprise coming up.

I could be turned around if they include a second version of the kid in and old white mailer box, so you can keep the carded version in tact.

Also, is there a statement on the Mando figure packaging? I don't recall that, but I feel the same way. Give us one on TVC and another in a white mailer box to open.
Macklunkey!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2020, 10:29 PM »
I could be turned around if they include a second version of the kid in and old white mailer box, so you can keep the carded version in tact.

Also, is there a statement on the Mando figure packaging? I don't recall that, but I feel the same way. Give us one on TVC and another in a white mailer box to open.

Silly Brian.  If they gave you two of each figure with Razor Crest, you'd have no reason to buy more!

The Razor Crest is coming with The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) with a soft goods cape.  No word if it's carded or not.  Should be cleared up soon I heard.  The basic TVC line will have the same figure, but with a plastic cape.  It should be revealed on one of the upcoming "Monday Mando" events.

The Razor Crest is coming with The Child with "end-of-season-1" pram.   There is a "Mando Build Up" pack coming in the 3.75" line (similar to the 6" version Jayson teased today) that should have The Mando and The Child and a pram of some kind - not sure if it's the same pram or the "start of season 1" pram.

There should be ample opportunity outside the Razor Crest to get the 3.75" Mando (Beskar Armor) and The Child figures.  Hasbro will probably go overboard finding ways to sell them to you this Winter/Spring.  ;)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2020, 10:45 PM »
Comparing this with the Sail Barge release, every figure that came with the Barge was also released either carded or in a multipack.  The only difference was the Barge got special POTF cards.

I am willing to bet that the Mandalorian coming with the Razor Crest will be on a TVC card just like the one coming out, the difference being the one coming with the RC will have a cloth cape.

Not sure what they'll do with the Child figure in TVC.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2020, 10:09 AM »

Silly Brian.  If they gave you two of each figure with Razor Crest, you'd have no reason to buy more!

Yeah, I know. They have to have stretch goals though.  If this thing sells as much as the sentinel did, they really should pony up more surprises with it.

On another note, I think I'm fine with this release not being a Death Star due to new developments at Hasbro. The evolution of design from the 2019 Jabba's palace set/scene to the Carbon Freezing Chamber and on to the Blockade Runner hallway is really showing vast improvement in Hasbro's design efforts. Many of us have been using the phrase "modular Death Star". I'm going to assume that for a while now they have had a CAD model of a Death Star that isn't modular. Maybe the new design success with the Blockade Runner hallway have prompted a redesign to give more potential to a Death Star set. I can hope.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 10:24 AM by StBrianOfMinneapolis »
Macklunkey!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2020, 10:26 AM »
I would be very surprised if Mando didn't come carded.  From a design standpoint, they could probably just leverage the general release packaging if they wanted to save money.  It would be weird to open the box and find a boxed or bagged Mando with a carded Child...I can't think of any other release that has included a carded and non-carded figure in the same package. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2020, 02:37 PM »
It looks like this might have stalled around 8,600.  I like the fact that we have clear indications of the Child coming in The Vintage Collection.  But this figure really should be coming already without the benefit of a crowdfunding campaign.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2020, 03:55 PM »
It looks like this might have stalled around 8,600.  I like the fact that we have clear indications of the Child coming in The Vintage Collection.  But this figure really should be coming already without the benefit of a crowdfunding campaign.

It’s almost 8,700 now and there are 40 days left. 10k is a no brainer.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 1, 2020, 02:53 AM »
Based on the other pictures, it looks like his hand may be sculpted with the ball.  Hoping it's a separate piece but won't be surprised if it's not removable at this scale.

That ball is definitely sculpted in there!  a TVC-scale Child is going to be TIIINY!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality