Author Topic: Walmart 2020 The Mandalorian/The Child Figure Pack  (Read 13635 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Walmart 2020 The Mandalorian/The Child Figure Pack
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2021, 01:01 PM »
I ordered four of these in two different orders.  I have four different tracking numbers with four different points of origin, but all of them should be here tomorrow.

So far this is the most 2021 thing to happen this year!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2021, 02:15 PM »
Just received my figure (1 was cancelled). It came in a box too small for it, so as always beware if you are a carded collector. Also it didn’t come with that pin, was that supposed to be included with the original orders?

Haven’t opened it yet, but Mando has some unique weathering and his right leg armor is now Beskar. Grogu looks so tiny and cute.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2021, 04:01 PM »
This is so bizarre and stupid... my orders from back in October when this item went up for presale were cancelled.

When the item went back up for availability and I noticed that you could order more than two (and based on my bad experience with the Ahsoka TBS wave), I made an order for three of them and flagged the order as a gift order.

My gift order was maintained and WalMart shipped the three figures in three separate shipments - I'm not sure why. One of them was shipped in a box that was too small for the figure. The other two were individually shipped in boxes that were big enough that could have accommodated three figures each, so it's really silly that they were shipped individually instead of in a single box.

And now, as I write this post, I get alerts that ALL of my Incinerator Trooper pre-orders from back from September have been cancelled.  >:(
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 04:22 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2021, 04:47 PM »
My replacement order (placed yesterday 8am) did indeed show up today at 3pm.

It's a good sized box, but I'm waiting until this evening to open it up (so I can do an "unboxing video" for Instagram  ::) )

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2021, 05:59 PM »
This is so bizarre and stupid...

Agree 100%.  I still don't understand why they took the time to cancel all the pre-orders only to turn right around and start fulfilling brand new orders?  What the hell sense does that make?  ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2021, 06:25 PM »
My orders have another wrinkle...

My single-figure pre-order was NOT canceled.

But expecting that it would be I ordered one when they were available again... that one has shipped, but my original order has not.

Walmart is clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2021, 06:51 PM »
This is so bizarre and stupid...

Agree 100%.  I still don't understand why they took the time to cancel all the pre-orders only to turn right around and start fulfilling brand new orders?  What the hell sense does that make?  ???

You expect Walmart to make sense???

I’m encouraged that I got an update in the tracking information.  But I’m still not happy with Walmart. Especially with the situation that arose with the Incinerator Trooper within the past couple of days. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2021, 11:57 AM »
I just received 2 of my orders.  The one I recently place of 2 figures was put in a bubble mailer (crushed bubbles).  The one that was from that Friday with the $24.99 tag came in a nice box, perfect condition.  Neither order had pins, though.  SMH.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2021, 12:01 PM »
I just got one of mine a minute ago too...  There wasn't any pin, so I'm assuming it's my original order.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:01 PM by Rob »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2021, 12:05 PM »
I just got one of mine a minute ago too...  There wasn't any pin, so I'm assuming it's my original order.

Mine was from when they "restocked" them the other day, so it should have had pins.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2021, 12:28 PM »

Mine was from when they "restocked" them the other day, so it should have had pins.

So amazed by this cluster****.

Steve, you should email CS and tell them you didn't get the pin and see what happens.  Maybe you can at least get some money back or something?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2021, 01:13 PM »
I got mine today.  I didn't see the pins, either.  But I'm just glad that the damned things showed up.

We've been through this how many times with Walmart?  And just when you think that online retail, web apps and inventory tracking tools might have made dealing with them easier, they find an all new way to **** it up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2021, 02:02 PM »

So amazed by this cluster****.

Steve, you should email CS and tell them you didn't get the pin and see what happens.  Maybe you can at least get some money back or something?

Yeah, I contacted them about it and they offered a partial refund on the two figures, which I took.  The other one that I ordered from October didn't have the "bundle" label on it so I didn't bother.  And since it's $24.99, I'm just going to return it.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2021, 09:19 PM »
I read somewhere, might have been the Vintage Collector Group on Facebook, might have been a post over on JTA - sorry, I can't recall - anyway, this one guy contacted them complaining about the pin AND the fact that it arrived crushed in a mailer bag and he got the whole amount of the order refunded.

Like Nick - I'm just happy mine arrived and I didn't care about the pin one bit. Like I said to one of my other collector friends - I was slightly worried that they might take the pin and actually PIN IT to the cardback which would have made me a million times more frustrated/angry - so there are scenarios that could have been MUCH worse.

The two of these that arrived today which brings my total to five were shipped in a mailer bag, which completely negates the effectiveness of flagging an order as being a gift as this order was flagged as a gift. They were completely crushed, but I'm okay with that as I wanted some to open anyway.

Glad to finally be "done" with this item.

Now on to the headache of the Incinerator Trooper... *sigh*
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2021, 07:26 PM »
This is the way.

I have spoken.