Author Topic: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts  (Read 34281 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts
« Reply #30 on: May 4, 2017, 12:14 PM »
MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU...and your wallet!

ROGUE ONE AT-ACT - $49.99

Already gone at that price. A shame, I would have finally bought one at that price
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: May 4, 2017, 02:55 PM »
I totaly would've bought one for that, yes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 4, 2017, 05:04 PM »
I got a Sabine 3&3/4" figure for $2.08 at GameStop. They have a nice sale going on today but none of the stuff actually pictured in their ad is in stock. I heard more than one of their employees grumbling about it too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 5, 2017, 12:33 AM »
Ordered some Wal-Mart 2.49 figures. Ship to store...so no shipping...maybe. I've never really done that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: May 5, 2017, 12:44 AM »
Yeah no shipping.  It's easy peasy.  I've done that even for random stuff my stores don't always have in stock just so I get what I need/want.  Do the same at Walgreens.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 8, 2017, 09:43 AM »
The problem with walmart ship to store is the incompetent employees working back there. Those people take a long time finding anything in the back. The computer says it there but they will come back and tell you its not and to come back later just to get rid of you. I even had one employee take a half hour break while she was looking for my package. The lines are huge just because they can't process orders fast enough and don't know where anything is. It will cost less of your time to ship home instead.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 8, 2017, 10:54 AM »
I've only done ship to store with WalMart a couple of times.  The most recent time I did that it worked great.  It appeared that my order was packaged at a distribution center, and that box was placed in one my local stores pickup lockers.  I entered my order info at the kiosk and the locker with my order popped open, and I walked right out of the store.  Pretty easy in my book!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 8, 2017, 11:08 AM »
Yeah never experienced that.  Long line one time but it was Xmas so layaway had it backed up.  Otherwise I use it relatively often and it works.  Got a bunch of Death troopers that way and my Cassian Andor figures because the assortment never shipped here.

I've used it for our cat's food cuz our store never has the kind we use in stock in the smaller bags and so I say piss on it and order online.  I'm always back to toys anyway so it's not even outta the way in the store.  Sometimes my gf shops while I go pick it up tho.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2017, 06:43 PM »
No real problems with mine other than the usual  paranoia I feel every time I enter a Wal-Mart* and the odd employees...I having resting bitch face, so people think I'm impatient or something, and if you buy Star Wars toys sometimes they look at the package like they've never seen one before. I'd go automatic teller but...I had bottle return slips and they have to processed by a humtron employee.

*I've heard people say things about Wal-Marts and Meijers...they have "prepare themselves" if they go there. I don't think they meant shopping list, either.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2017, 06:40 PM »
Picked up a U-Wing at Barnes & Noble today for $12. Neat ship, but I do wish is was bigger and had more paint detail. I should just be happy Hasbro is still making vehicles.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2017, 08:12 PM »
I picked up my order today.  Nobody there but you tap the card swipe and it's set up to call someone back.  He scanned my phone bar code I signed he scanned the box I left.  Easy peasy.

Now, checking out was a whole other thing because the meat dept f'ng up the sticker on packaging is frequent and the people at the counter I rang out at apparent didn't understand entering department and doing the math (weight x price per pound) to get the item's price, and had to call for help so someone could come back and do exactly that...  not that I even work there but still knew how to do that for them.  ::)

Yeah seriously I knew what to do that'd work and they didn't.  JHC.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2017, 11:15 PM »
People finding cheap stuff at Barnes and Noble? I haven't been in one in years. There's one relatively close but it has one of those almost always full parking lots, thanks to Whole Foods and other close businesses.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2017, 10:33 AM »
Now through May 31st, you can get $10 off orders of $50 or more (plus free shipping) at HasbroToyShop when you enter promo code MAYSAVE10 at checkout

Legal Stuff:
PROMOTION: Site Wide Free Shipping on orders over $49
Free standard shipping on most orders over $49, on HasbroToyShop.com. Discount applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. Offer excludes purchases of HasbroToyShop.com exclusives. Other exclusions may apply. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Offer valid in continental U.S. only. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies.

PROMOTION: $10 off orders of $50 or more
$10 off orders of $50 or more on most items currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com through May 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET with promo code MAYSAVE10. Discount applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. ©2017 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2017, 11:14 AM »
If only there was something worth buying...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2017, 11:48 AM »
If only there was something worth buying...

I only report the promo codes, I don't control the inventory. :P ;)

(there are a LOT of bargain deals for custom fodder though - dirt cheap ships, 5POA figures).

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:49 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender