Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416322 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2925 on: October 23, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Stopped by WM quick over lunch today and they were packed full of Legends figures.  The majority of them were the Spidey and F4 waves, but I left the ones I was still missing since I have them on order with HTS (hopefully with the sale/free shipping).  I did also see an X3 Colossus (the only Wave 3 figure on the pegs), so they must be making their way to retail.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2926 on: October 27, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Marvelous news has a cool video podcast Q&A with hasbro. They show off a prototype for Spiral which seems to prove the walmart list that popped up. They also discuss about the possibility of icons crossing over for large scale characters. Pretty cool news.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2927 on: October 27, 2007, 08:00 PM »
I found the last two F4 figures that I needed the other day and took pics of the full series.

http://www.toytraderz.com/toydatabase/cat=1910.html

Overall it's a pretty decent line I guess.  Great articulation as expected but otherwise nothing really jumped out as superb.  Doom and Silver Surfer are probably my favorites from the bunch.  Ronan is great but not quite as massive as I like to see a BAF. 

I've seen the full Spidey set once but that's been it.  No sign of Series 3 yet though...Series 2 is sitting around in full force here.  :\

John

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2928 on: October 30, 2007, 09:52 PM »
FYE had the Marvel Select Skrull / Brood packs on sale for $10 each.  I bought two of them.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2929 on: October 31, 2007, 09:46 AM »
HTS appears to have all of Wave 3 and the Fantastic Four waves in stock right now, if anyone is interested.  I was picking up some Star Wars stuff, so I added a 1st App. Cap to the order as well.  If all those previous orders I had through HTS (when the 25%/free shipping sale was going on) go through, I should be caught up for the year hopefully.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2930 on: October 31, 2007, 10:54 AM »
MarvelousNews has some boxed and loose pics up of the first wave of Marvel Legends foray into the "Unleashed" line.  I have to admit, they do look kind of neat - but it is strange that Hasbro is really starting this other line that is just a couple of inches larger than the Legends line (plus the 5" scale stuff they tried pushing this year).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2931 on: November 1, 2007, 04:49 PM »
According to the case listing BBTS has up for Wave 4, it looks like Ast. Beast might have been pushed back or something.  There is some discussion of this on the Fwoosh boards as well, and it might be a case where this is just one version of this assortment/case.  What BBTS has listed is the following:

1x Black Bolt
1x Tigra
2x Daredevil
2x Nova
2x Punisher

I was planning/hoping to get the first four, so I might end up picking up Punisher just to go ahead and complete the BAF.  I don't have a Punisher yet either anyways, so that might be a way to go.  Anyways, not sure a lot of people care about the Beast figure, but I just thought I'd pass it along.  I'd be ok with 5 figure waves for ML from now on, a little easier to handle.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2932 on: November 1, 2007, 05:12 PM »
I wonder if this isn't a response to the DC approach given they're going with five figures/BAF.  I confess, they're a lot more likely to get me to buy one or two more extra figures than 4-5 to complete a BAF.  I'm really itching to get the Brood queen BAF but there are 3 figs I don't want (at least) that I have to buy.  Same deal with the Blob, which I still haven't completed. 

Of course on the DC side since I already have a lot of the DC figures I want, I'm in the same boat in needing 3-4 out of a wave to get the BAF parts there :-\  I really want a Metamorpho. 

Back to Marvel: I think the five figures per wave would be smart anyway.  There really aren't a lot of Legends that I think most people are dying to see, so slowing down/spreading it out is probably a good idea. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2933 on: November 1, 2007, 05:25 PM »
I agree Brent, I think 5 figure waves would be a good ideal for ML as well.  Like you, I'd probably be likely to "finish out" more waves just to get the BAFs if I only had a couple more to get.  That's one of the things I really thought was great when we heard about the DCU Classics line - they came right out and said "5 BAF waves of 5 figures each".  Sounds good to me, easy to plan my spending for the year.  I originally thought about collecting that line in its entirety because of that, but I've since changed that stance (Star Wars is getting expensive, and Marvel is where my preference is).  I'll still get some DCUC figures (Batman world/JL primarily).

Anyways, back to Marvel, like you mentioned they could stand to spread things out a bit.  To be honest, although the paint apps are still a bit lacking, I don't mind a lot of the latest HML stuff.  The F4 figures are nice anyways, and I'm excited for some stuff that is coming up.  We'll see how things go from here on out.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2934 on: November 1, 2007, 07:04 PM »
I like the smaller lineup, but why not go with 2 Tigras and one Punisher for multiple obvious reasons.   ::)  At least with the smaller lineup we might see more than 1-2 waves per year.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2935 on: November 1, 2007, 08:21 PM »
I think i enjoy the smaller waves as well. Easier on the wallet and makes more sense with the size of the BAF we are getting.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2936 on: November 2, 2007, 12:18 AM »
I like the smaller lineup, but why not go with 2 Tigras and one Punisher for multiple obvious reasons.   ::)  At least with the smaller lineup we might see more than 1-2 waves per year.

I didn't really pay attention to that in the first place.  That case assortment is horrible.  It should be:

2x Black Bolt
2x Tigra
1x Daredevil
2x Nova
1x Punisher

Bollt, Tigra and Nova are the 1st editions for all those figures.  We have at least 4 DDs.  I suppose not everyone has the yellow Spiderman Classics version but I still see it pegwarming.  As for Punisher, yikes.  A regular and a movie release, a boxed set release, two two-pack versions.  Yeah, we don't need another one that bad. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2937 on: November 10, 2007, 08:24 AM »
All the stuff that I ordered with the 25% off code arrived within the last few days.  I just placed an order for the five FF figs that were sold out at the time I ordered.  Free shipping is included on all orders over $50 so I added a Galactic Heroes pack that I still needed to get me over the hump.  marvel10 is also good for an additional 10% off so I got 5 ML figs and 1 GH pack for just a shade of $52, cheaper than it would have cost me in a store.

For those of you looking to complete your Brood and don't want X3 Colossus (probably the vast majority of us), I've been reading that the Hydra Soldier piece is essentially the same that came with Colossus and works fine.  So grab an extra Hydra soldier and you should be all set.  Hopefully I find the variant for a little variety.  Now I just need to track down Danger's piece and I should be all set since Scott is hooking me up with Cyclops, Cap and Bucky's pieces.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2938 on: November 10, 2007, 08:43 AM »
I got a shipping notice fromt he brood wave when we were all using the 25% off and free shipping coupon. I had no intentions of getting the whole wave but with the discount and free shipping i couldnt pass it up.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2939 on: November 10, 2007, 08:47 AM »
Not sure why it took 4 weeks for them to ship the damn things, I got my free Titanium Hulk two weeks ago already