Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416205 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2985 on: January 9, 2008, 01:56 AM »
Is there a third two pack in the series?  I'm interested in the Domino set for sure, less so on the Cable pack but cannot recall the third.  Variants always welcome :P

Brent...do you still need these?  I picked up a set today in case you do...I also have your Metamorpho :)

Oooh, Metamorpho.  Groovy.

Mikey picked me up a Domino set already unfortunately (well, sort of) so I don't have need of a second set I'm afraid, but thanks.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2986 on: January 12, 2008, 01:06 AM »
I hope we get a Deadpool soon.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2987 on: January 12, 2008, 01:13 AM »
Umm, we already had one.  I can't see them doing another in the near future :-\

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2988 on: January 12, 2008, 08:41 AM »
And even if they do do another Deadpool I doubt it'll hold up to the one Toybiz did.  Deadpool is probably one of the best figures TB ever produced.  Pain in the ass to find, but well worth the effort.  I got lucky and found him (and Juggs) at a TRU.  Never saw either one of them again on the shelves.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2989 on: January 13, 2008, 09:06 AM »
I am so stoked about this line.  I wonder what 12 figures they will start with. I hope this line continues like the legends line and produces 100's of figures.  my top picks for the first twelve are

Wolerine
Spiderman
Thing
Green Goblin
Magneto
Punisher
Capt America
Hulk
Nick Fury
Silver Surfer
Rouge
Cyclops

The selections for this line are endless
I can't wait to see a nightcrawler and Iceman the same scale as Darth Vader and Indiana Jones.   Now this brings me back to my childhood when all figures were made in the same scale.  Now if Hasbro had and Did Battlestar Galactica and DC Heroes in the scale I be in debt far worse then I am now.  Throw in Star Trek and I would be selling blood by the Gallons.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2990 on: January 13, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I am so stoked about this line.  I wonder what 12 figures they will start with. I hope this line continues like the legends line and produces 100's of figures.  my top picks for the first twelve are

Wolerine
Spiderman
Thing
Green Goblin
Magneto
Punisher
Capt America
Hulk
Nick Fury
Silver Surfer
Rouge
Cyclops

The selections for this line are endless
I can't wait to see a nightcrawler and Iceman the same scale as Darth Vader and Indiana Jones.   Now this brings me back to my childhood when all figures were made in the same scale.  Now if Hasbro had and Did Battlestar Galactica and DC Heroes in the scale I be in debt far worse then I am now.  Throw in Star Trek and I would be selling blood by the Gallons.

Wow, I really hope that is NOT the lineup.  Nick Fury? Punisher? Thing? Ick. I'd much rather see these guys:

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hawkeye
Warbird/Ms. Marvel
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Tigra
Black Knight
Emma Frost
Wolverine
Wasp
Yellowjacket
AntMan
WonderMan
Spiderman
Psylocke
Moon Knight
War Machine
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2991 on: January 13, 2008, 04:17 PM »
A 3.75" line of Legends.  Oh.  No. 

I'm pretty happy with the 6" Legends line, but I'm sure back in this thread somewhere I said I wish they'd done it in the 3.75" line initially and instead.  It's a way, way more manageable size allowing for a lot more figures in a lot smaller space.  And a lot more figures in a lot shorter time with a lot more (non chase) variations.  Basically: aw crap.   :-\

Think about it, these figures will be pretty close to in scale with the BAF Sentinel :o

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2992 on: January 14, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Although I'm quite happy with the 6" lineup we have, I can't say I'm not interested in a 3 3/4" line of Legends either.  Depending on the quality, I'm sure I'll pick up at least a few.  Like Brent mentioned, its just such a more manageable size, and space is at a premium for me right now.  If I do get any, I'm not going "whole hog" on this line since I already have so many Legends, but I'll likely pick up the Spidey figs, and the "big names" from the Marvel U.  I'll be interested to see these at Toy Fair.  The fact that the DCUC line is picking up now with the 6" scale makes things a little less tempting I guess though.  I can't have "giant" DC figures and puny little Marvel figures side by side :P.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2993 on: January 14, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Ah, but it's only a matter of time before DC figures come in that scale too.  They'll have to run with the 6" scale for a while, but if the Marvel Legends in 3.75" scale are a success, I think you can all but guarantee we'll see a DCUC in that scale as well.   :-X

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2994 on: January 14, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Ah, but it's only a matter of time before DC figures come in that scale too.  They'll have to run with the 6" scale for a while, but if the Marvel Legends in 3.75" scale are a success, I think you can all but guarantee we'll see a DCUC in that scale as well.   :-X

Yeah, you're probably right.  Actually, I believe that I read somewhere (the Fwoosh forums, possibly the Ask Cornboy thread), that there has already been internal discussions of that scale of DC line at Mattel.  Like you said, if Hasbro's Marvel line is a success, we'll probably see it in DC flavor as well.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2995 on: January 14, 2008, 12:03 PM »
I hope Mattel does,  I held off on Both 6" lines on Marvel Legends and DCCU because of their size.   Although there has been many times standing in the toy asle with one in my hand saying Just this one.   When toybiz put out that Showdown Line I was so happy dispite their poor appearence.  I can't wait. 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2996 on: January 14, 2008, 12:32 PM »
I hope Mattel does,  I held off on Both 6" lines on Marvel Legends and DCCU because of their size.   

Then you are indeed much smarter than the rest of us.  Well done.  Seriously. 

My only hope with the new scale is for them to look like crap, otherwise I'm probably in :-\  I shouldn't be; I should know better.  But the scale is so appealing.  I imagine they'd be priced like the average Star Wars figure in the same scale too. 

I also wonder if this isn't the death knell for the 6" line?  It hasn't done well for Hasbro I suspect, through a combination of some crappy looking figures (and some nice ones) and spotty distribution.  Plus if they open up the smaller scale, they'll have every figure to do all over again and wouldn't have to tolerate people like me griping about the 4th Thor in a short time span.  Might get Artoo his Deadpool too.  Leaves me a bit bummed though, I harbored this little fantasy that someone would hear my voice in the wilderness and we'd get the Spidey Friends and Family boxed set, maybe as an EE exclusive or something, but in the 6" scale.  Many advantages of the 3.75" scale, but I confess, I did enjoy this scale quite a bit and really look forward to displaying all my crap. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2997 on: January 14, 2008, 12:48 PM »
I also wonder if this isn't the death knell for the 6" line?  It hasn't done well for Hasbro I suspect, through a combination of some crappy looking figures (and some nice ones) and spotty distribution.  Plus if they open up the smaller scale, they'll have every figure to do all over again and wouldn't have to tolerate people like me griping about the 4th Thor in a short time span.

I'm wondering about the future of the 6" line as well.  Looking at that leaked retailer list with the Hasbro product for 2008, I see that there were only two "regular" waves of Marvel Legends listed: Wave 1, showing up in the next month or so most likely, and Wave 2 in the Spring.  There were two packs listed, and there's always those Hulk waves as well (not to mention the movie stuff), so its difficult to judge I guess.  I would almost think that if DCU Classics is a hit (and it seems to be well received so far), it would only help the 6" scale at Marvel as well.  Its always difficult to judge Hasbro's offerings (according to that list), since they have so many "irons in the fire", so to speak.  Star Wars will get a big push this year, particularly with Clone Wars, then there's 25th Joes, Indiana Jones, Transformers, Iron Man/Hulk movies, and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting.  I guess it would be better for me if the 6" line went away, so I'd be less tempted to buy more :).  If we ever got Brent's Spidey Family and Friends set, I'd be just fine if things ended in that scale.  But again, I too will probably be tempted by a 3 3/4" line - at least the major players.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2998 on: January 14, 2008, 01:08 PM »
I'll be honest after Adam Warlock, i wont mind if they drop the 6 inch line and move into the smaller scale. I prefer they stop it than me dropping it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2999 on: January 14, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Generic questions regarding the Fantastic Four wave(s):

Are these being found at regular retail anymore? 

Did most of you buy these online?

Is the recent Dr. Doom better, worse or indifferent from the ML wave 2 version?

Is the Namor better, worse or indifferent from the ML version that was released earlier?

Is the Human Torch figure worth the money? 

Is the Sue Storm figure better than the Jessica Alba version in terms of scale? 

Is the Reed Richards figure a suitable version or am I better off chasing the earlier release? 

Basically I'm at the point of deciding whether to get the whole wave (I do NOT need another Thing) or just go for the Ronan BAF on ebay and snag the Mole Man the same way.  About $50 for the two or $80 for all of them.