Author Topic: Antique Finish Detail  (Read 15444 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Antique Finish Detail
« Reply #60 on: April 9, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Food for thought from 16bit.com

Q: Now that we're getting vintage packaging, are there any chances for vintage-inspired deco or accessories? Blue shirt Hammerheads, swim fins Ponda Baba, Blue Snaggletooth, telescoping-lightsaber Darth Vader, and that first awesome Gonk Droid all come to mind, and that's just 1978 and 1979. Heck, maybe even the Ewoks could have some potential, like a POTF-colored Warok!

A: Adam, a great idea and we'll say that there is a possibility. If the 4-LOM/Zuckuss pairing this Summer does well, it does open the door for future smaller-run Vintage homages like you suggest. We would love to see that personally, and will hold that door open. However, a few things won't work, like telescoping Vader, since we don't have plans to go back to more vintage sculpts and that one relied on the arm to really work.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #61 on: April 9, 2010, 03:07 PM »
I would support this to an extent. I prefer stuff like they mentioned like a Blue Hammerhead Blue Gonk and I would not mind a Grey Snags (The dudes they asked must have forgot they made a Blue Snaggletooth.)
Do the heroes second aliens and droids can actually work well with the "real" stuff.

It would be great if something cam out of Curto's poorly executed joke. (I really enjoyed how they tried to spin the botch job. But he incorporated my Big head Han idea in the bad photoshop job.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2010, 12:09 AM »
I hope Hasbro does revisit Kenner colors/homages. Vinyl capes would be a great addition to chase figures.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2010, 07:57 AM »
I would support figures released as part of a wave with a nod to the old Kenner colors, but never a "chase" figure. If they're gonna put out a Gonk droid and color it like the Kenner figure from the 70s then it better just be one of the figures in that wave shipped in the same ratios as everything else.

For collectors who are buying two of every figure and already having a hard enough time at doing that with the lower production runs, the last thing the collector community needs are figures that are so rare that even finding one would be a miracle, let alone two.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!