Author Topic: If only...  (Read 2705 times)

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
If only...
« on: November 20, 2003, 04:13 PM »
We can sort of work out now what happens in Episode 3, there's a damn good plot outline on this site and theforce.net as well as a few others having a pretty good idea what's going to happen, who is killed and by who etc. So is there anything, or any characters you really would liked to have seen in E3.

ME-
A bit more of the clone wars would have been cool, or more after the Emperor comes to power and about the underground resistance movements that form into the rebellion come about.  

YOU-
He can't muck this one up! just kill'em all in a really cool way!

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: If only...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 11:15 AM »
that is what i thought EP3 was all about The Clone Wars, but yea, i get your point.  I wish we could of saw The Clone Wars in EP3 too, and the rise of the Emperor.!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Spirit of Dog-Dude

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 06:51 PM »
The Clone Wars will continue on in Ep. III as the Republic Army struggles to extinguish the Seperatist forces.
"I was destroyed by Rebelscum.
Now I wander through space and time to find where I belong."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 07:34 PM »
If only we get to see the transition of Clone Troopers, to the republic forcing people to become Storm Troopers.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 05:08 PM »
I haven't read to many Ep3 spoliers so I son't know all of what is in the film or not but I wish we would see:

Darth Vader as we know him (Black Suit)
The Forming of the Rebels (Resistance)
More of the Clone Wars
Some battles by the Resistance

Hopefully if the CW cartoon does good we can get some sort of series in which it tells the story of what happens between Ep3 and Ep4 (End it with Leia's mission to capture the death star palns).

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 12:50 PM »
That would definately be interesting. :)
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 01:09 PM »
Unfortunately I think we're in a position where we're just barely going to touch on the secondary plotlines everyone really wants to see in the space of one last movie. I'd like to see how the Rebellion came to be, the Jedi in some real peril, and not just Anakin's turn to the Darkside, but some screen time dedicated to Vader hunting down the Jedi. But I'm afraid its not to be, and here's a rant about why:

I'm really annoyed that its taken 1-3/4 movies to get the story and characters to a point where they're remotely interesting, IMHO, and in any sort of conflict that's worth telling a story about. Frustrating. The whole prequel trilogy doesn't feel like "Star Wars" (to me) until Geonosis in E2. Did we really need a whole film dedicated to these points:

- Anakin is rescued from slavery on Tatooine by the Jedi.
- Trade disputes within the Republic are manipulated to war by an inside conspirator.
- Anakin meets the young Queen of a planet suffering from this conflict, gets boyish crush.

All this could be accomplished in action and dialog in minutes. Hell, it could have been the opening crawl to AOTC. Then, we spend most of AOTC trudging towards the conflict that starts the decline of both Anakin and the Republic. Along the way, we learn nothing about Obi Wan, the friendship between him and Anakin, we have still no real understanding or sense of tradition and motivation of the Jedi, any justification for the Seperatist movement, no nothing. We learn that Padme thought Pablo was dreamy. Great.

Then, we end up on Geonosis, finally, to see some ACTION that the enemy is taking, its danger to the galaxy, and how the Republic acts to counter the threat. Main characters are torn between duty and love! Palpatine is manipulating the Senate and creating a war machine! The Jedi are too blind and arrogant to notice dark times approaching.

Too bad it's the end of the second movie, and there's no time to explore it!

It's all the makings of a great story, but we're just now where it's getting compelling, and BANG, it's all going to go unexplored and unanswered becuase we have to continue the long trudge towards Anakins downfall. There's no time left to have fun and explore all the great things that could be done and answered with the events up until now. Bad storytelling! Bad!

Sorry for the rant.

J

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2004, 12:44 AM »
Unfortunately I think we're in a position where we're just barely going to touch on the secondary plotlines everyone really wants to see in the space of one last movie. I'd like to see how the Rebellion came to be, the Jedi in some real peril, and not just Anakin's turn to the Darkside, but some screen time dedicated to Vader hunting down the Jedi. But I'm afraid its not to be, and here's a rant about why:

I'm really annoyed that its taken 1-3/4 movies to get the story and characters to a point where they're remotely interesting, IMHO, and in any sort of conflict that's worth telling a story about. Frustrating. The whole prequel trilogy doesn't feel like "Star Wars" (to me) until Geonosis in E2. Did we really need a whole film dedicated to these points:

- Anakin is rescued from slavery on Tatooine by the Jedi.
- Trade disputes within the Republic are manipulated to war by an inside conspirator.
- Anakin meets the young Queen of a planet suffering from this conflict, gets boyish crush.

All this could be accomplished in action and dialog in minutes. Hell, it could have been the opening crawl to AOTC. Then, we spend most of AOTC trudging towards the conflict that starts the decline of both Anakin and the Republic. Along the way, we learn nothing about Obi Wan, the friendship between him and Anakin, we have still no real understanding or sense of tradition and motivation of the Jedi, any justification for the Seperatist movement, no nothing. We learn that Padme thought Pablo was dreamy. Great.

Then, we end up on Geonosis, finally, to see some ACTION that the enemy is taking, its danger to the galaxy, and how the Republic acts to counter the threat. Main characters are torn between duty and love! Palpatine is manipulating the Senate and creating a war machine! The Jedi are too blind and arrogant to notice dark times approaching.

Too bad it's the end of the second movie, and there's no time to explore it!

It's all the makings of a great story, but we're just now where it's getting compelling, and BANG, it's all going to go unexplored and unanswered becuase we have to continue the long trudge towards Anakins downfall. There's no time left to have fun and explore all the great things that could be done and answered with the events up until now. Bad storytelling! Bad!

Sorry for the rant.

J
I wish that GL would of done what Jackson did, in FOTR to explain the history of the ring, to show us what was Ep1 in a 5min prolouge or something to that affect.  Showing little pieces of the story of Anakin and Obi.  Then after this first stage have the start of the clone wars for the most of Ep2.  GL know that I think of it should of left the Ep1 stuff to the EU writers and he should of worked mainly on the War and the begining of the Empire.