Author Topic: Places You'd Never Move To  (Read 4986 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Places You'd Never Move To
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2004, 11:18 AM »
LA:Not to offend,but I rather dislike LA due to how huge/polluted/crime ridden/ghettoed/impoverished it is.Sure,not all of its bad,I like Anaheim and Santa Barbra,but other than that,yuk!Hollywood?No thanks.Pacific Ocean?Ok,the huge beaches were cool but I'll take the Atlantic warmth over the Pacific cold.

Kansas,Oklahoma,Nebraska,Louisiana,Mississippi,Alabama,Southern Georiga/Central Georiga,Missiouri,Michigan,Nebraska,Nevada,Iowa,Kentuky,Southern/Central Ohio:All these places are nice(except Nebraska)but I wouldn't live there.

In my state:Barnwell,Union,Newberry,Ninety Six,Anderson,Cherster,Blackville,Hilton Head,Sumter,Orangeburg,Red Clay:All of those places are kind of creepy.Ohh,and they're packed with red necks and poverty.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2004, 11:56 AM »
I'll live in any state in the US before I move to Canada.  Regardless of whether Hillary is president (knocks wood) or not  :D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2004, 12:17 PM »
I'll live in any state in the US before I move to Canada.  

It maybe cold up here like Hoth but I prefer Canada. We have some very nice places up here. Heck, I'm 5 mins from the largest shopping mall & indoor amusement park.   :D

800 department stores, restaurants, and specialty shops shares the same roof with a 25-ride amusement park, a full-size hockey rink, a beach with three-story water slides and surf, as well as a separate blue-water lake with a full-scale reconstruction of the Santa Maria and a flotilla of yellow submarines creeping across the bottom. And that’s just for starters. There are alligators, penguins, fountains, bands, a miniature golf course, dolphins, and an adjoining 354-room fantasy-suite hotel. When you’ve had enough, run for one of 59 exits and try to find your car in one of the 20,000 spaces.

Photos from the largest shopping center in the world

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2004, 12:40 PM »
Canada's actually a pretty nice place to live, not in the winter mind you, but in the spring and summer it's really gorgeous.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2004, 09:57 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot about the obesity, but I will say the food I had down there was top notch, one reason too move to Houston

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2004, 12:14 PM »
NORTH Dakota, sure South Dakota isn't that great but North Dakota is full of backward inbred hicks...they have Fargo and Grand Forks and thats it, the rest of the state is a cold suck hole
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2004, 12:50 PM »
And South Dakota is a ton better Lenny :-X

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2004, 12:49 AM »
NORTH Dakota, sure South Dakota isn't that great but North Dakota is full of backward inbred hicks...they have Fargo and Grand Forks and thats it, the rest of the state is a cold suck hole

Bismarck ain't half bad :-\

But yeah, SD is so much better how?  When last I visited, people in Grand Forks were pretty damn nice.  It's just not flat enough there for me :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #23 on: July 1, 2005, 11:42 PM »
I haven't really been to enough places to definitely rule anything out at this point. However I CAN decide on one: California, sorry. :-\ Earthquakes, fires, landslides, commies. :(
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 2, 2005, 12:04 AM »
Las Vegas.  My wife and I went there last August and it was 116 F.  That's way too hot for me.  I went out walking around like a dumb@-- and I saw a guy stumble and nearly fall down in front of me.  I didn't want to be next, so I went into a nearby store and downed about a gallon of water before I left.  Then there was the slum area north of the strip.  Man that was depressing.  The traffic was nuts, too.  It was a fun place to visit and we had a great time, but I would not want to live there.

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 2, 2005, 12:30 AM »
New Orleans, mostly because I don't care for the heat. I'd rather move up North.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #26 on: July 2, 2005, 02:33 AM »
Texas- no desire to be there.

The vast wasteland between the Mississippi and Las Vegas-- no wonder the Louisana Purchase was so cheap. Though I live in Iowa, I've been dying to leave.

Los Angeles- I'd be eaten alive there. I'd be like Clark Kent in that city.

The states of Mississippi and Alabama- for obvious reasons that I'm not sure are really true.

Nashville, Tennessee- I hate country music, so I'd never live there.

Missouri-- Though I absolutely love the city of St. Louis, once you leave the city limits, the further north you go on the Avenue of the Saints, the further back in time your go. Then you hit Minnesota.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk