Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557957 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2385 on: February 10, 2019, 07:11 PM »
Every time I think of TWD premier tonight - I keep hearing Wash’s voice in my head “Do we care? Are we caring about that?”
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: February 11, 2019, 12:04 AM »
I still think this season has got the show back on track
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2387 on: February 11, 2019, 11:08 AM »
Pretty good episode last night.  The Negan storyline was a bit different from what I expected.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: February 18, 2019, 11:25 AM »
Bit of a slow episode last night...but it's needed to develop some of the new characters.

Glad to see some people are still making stupid decision in TWD universe.

Also, love the look of Alpha....they nailed it!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: February 18, 2019, 11:52 AM »
I really liked it. Loved Alpha. Thought it needed to be slow to sell Lydia and Alpha
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: February 18, 2019, 12:49 PM »
I really liked it. Loved Alpha. Thought it needed to be slow to sell Lydia and Alpha

Totally get why the episode was the way it was.

**Possible Spoilers**

I liked how they handled Lydia's flashbacks to show how her mother had manipulated her throughout the early days of the apocalypse.

This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: February 25, 2019, 09:26 AM »
I don't have DVR since we've just about cut the cord, so I watch on Monday morning through the app.  I watched this morning after I got up.

Slllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I know it's plot development, but goodness, almost the entire episode involved standing in front of Hilltop. 

Oh yeah...and everyone got a case of the conscience.  I know it'll develop, but I just wasn't drawn in, so I'm being grumpy.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: February 25, 2019, 09:43 AM »
This whole show is getting goofier.

We're ten years in to the zombie apocalypse and the fact that Henry is falling in love in one day with some random person when there is a small army outside the walls that just killed Jesus?

I didn't read the comic, but I'm still annoyed that a roving group (The Whisperers) can get enough food and water to survive 10 years in.  Nobody in The Whisperers has so much as a fanny pack with a water bottle much less a backpack filled with essentials.

I really hope they don't continue to let this show die a slow death.  They should figure out how many episodes they've got left (1-2 seasons) and write a compelling story line and wrap this thing up.  the actors that play Maggie and Rick both got bored and moved on.  I'm almost at that point too.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: February 25, 2019, 10:45 AM »
Teenagers getting crushes doesn't bother me. Carl did it with her in the comics and it was fine then too.

Still don't know why we've decided The Whispers can't have a camp. And I like the idea of the Whisperers so I just can't get worked up on how they get their food. I'll just assume it makes sense.

After two seasons of being let down I really like this season.

Ratings wise they should probably consider their end game different than the comics. But I also think it probably ends super opened ended so I think they have some room to wiggle
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:47 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: February 25, 2019, 11:07 AM »
The whisperers are lvl 10 foragers (last week's scene of Lydia eating the worm was the establishment of that).  I don't remember if they have a camp per se, but they live like the animals....animals do survive in the wild even 10 years into the zombie apocalypse.

One scene I really liked last night was when the deaf chick saved the baby.  The way they muted the sound to put it all in her perspective was pretty cool!

Also, Darryl, Tara and Michonne have alluded to something bad happening between the communities after Rick "died" causing the current situation.  I'm hoping there will be a larger flashback this season explaining what happened and how Michonne and Darryl ended up so scarred.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2395 on: February 25, 2019, 02:36 PM »
I thought there was a good level of tension throughout the episode.  I was afraid that Jerry was going to bite it on the theater mission just because of the way they started the show.  The fact that they got away with so many stupid decisions scott-free was surprising.  I guess it speaks to their overall competence multiple-years post-apocalypse.  What's 30 zombies matter?  Barely break a sweat.  At any rate, it had me on the edge of my seat.

The whole Whisperer thing is still monumentally stupid.  Must be tons of potable standing water near the herds they hang out with.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: February 25, 2019, 02:51 PM »
The whole Whisperer thing is still monumentally stupid.  Must be tons of potable standing water near the herds they hang out with.

Looked like Negan got sick after one drink of surface water a couple of weeks ago, but these guys seem to have it down pat.  It'd suck to keep following a heard with dysentery running out your backside from a breakfast of worms and muddy pond water. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: February 25, 2019, 03:22 PM »
I was afraid that Jerry was going to bite it on the theater mission just because of the way they started the show. 

When that happened, I immediately turned to my wife and said, "whelp....he's a goner!".  Only to find out the entire scene was a flashback.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: February 25, 2019, 03:33 PM »
Why can't they have a camp somewhere near the herds to get water at?

Don't answer.

I'll just keep being the sucker who buys anything.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: February 27, 2019, 01:36 AM »
1) I would seriously be afraid if I came across Alpha in a zombie apocalypse.

2) I can see the whisperers developing  immunity to bacteria they're constantly exposed to... if they don't die from dysentery first.

3) I thought Alpha said something about the walking dead crew going to their territory. So are the baddies nomads or do they have a base? And if the cemetery is part of their home turf, how is this the first time everyone's bumped into each other in 6+ years?

4) Latex gloves that haven't deteriorated 10 years in? Ok, that was a nitpick, but it did get me to thinking: Why aren't there more kids? Vinegar-soaked cloth? Fish bladders? Honey and crocodile dung?