Author Topic: The Force Awakens 3.75" 'Armor Up' Assortment  (Read 22606 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Force Awakens 3.75" 'Armor Up' Assortment
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2016, 08:27 PM »
Isn't Stormtrooper Finn different, having a removable chest armor piece?

I'm going by observation I own none of them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2016, 08:34 PM »
Kylo is the only way to get him sans hood but with the mask.  Also his head won't swap to 4"TBS kylo without modding it.

I'm guessing they didn't double dip to "force" you to buy.

Also the TIE Pilot is a special forces pilot iirc, basic is just basic black.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2016, 08:34 AM »
Also the TIE Pilot is a special forces pilot iirc, basic is just basic black.

+1

There is another Special Forces TIE Pilot that's packed with the TRU Exclusive First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter (battle damaged).  But that pack-in figure has a removable helmet.  The Armor Up version doesn't have that removable helmet and like Jesse said it's the same sculpt as the 3.75" basic figure line offering.

The Armor Up Kylo Ren mixes things up a bit.  But I was a little put off that they would offering that figure up that way and charge more for the un-hooded Kylo Ren and an accessory that had no presence on screen.  And some of the other figures in the line?  I passed on almost all of them except for Kylo Ren and Chewbacca.

The TRU exclusive Armor Up Poe Dameron is basically the same figure as the Black Leader X-Wing pack-in figure, which has a removable helmet.  The only difference is the Armor Up accessories. Overall, I thought those TRU exclusive Armor Up figures were kind of a waste, and I passed on both of them.  It really did remind me of something out of the POTF2 line.

I was definitely surprised by the absence of the droids from the Basic Figure line.  TFA C-3PO is only available in that 2-pack with R2-D2.  And BB-8 was packed in with Teedo and Unkar Plutt's henchman.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback