Author Topic: Force Friday: What are You Buying?  (Read 19583 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Force Friday: What are You Buying?
« Reply #30 on: September 4, 2015, 12:54 PM »
Midnight madness sucked. Today was great. I like the figs. I like the $8. This is fun.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 4, 2015, 03:56 PM »
I walked into the Target downtown and those mid-sized vehicles were $45.99.  The Speeder Bike sized vehicles were $30.99. 

My receipts from TRU last night show that I paid $29.99 and $19.99...
« Last Edit: September 4, 2015, 05:37 PM by Rob »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 4, 2015, 07:11 PM »
I bought nada today.

Except a 2005 Barada figure I found at a garage sale.  Nada but Barada!

I was briefly tempted by a flame trooper, but the only one left had sloppy paint ops.

Also, Hero Mashers Bossk...but I kinda heard Mashers suck.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 4, 2015, 08:32 PM »
I found a 3 3/4" tie fighter and most of the smaller vehicles. No figures at all in chino hills. 3 3/4" or 6". 12" and bigger where still around. TRU said they got three cases and  one guy put them all in his cart last night!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 4, 2015, 08:33 PM »
Only bought the Tie fighter today. Hasbro sucks!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 4, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Only the 6" obiwan that has been sitting for a year remains at TRU. Sad.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 4, 2015, 09:15 PM »
I kept my purchases kind of limited today. 

BASIC FIGURES
- Resistance Trooper
- Constable Zuvio
- First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
- First Order Flame Trooper

6" FIGURES
-Chewbacca

VEHICLES
First Order Speeder Bike with Elite Trooper
First Order Assault Walker with Stormtrooper Sergeant
Rey's Speeder with Rey

A lot of the stores had been pretty well picked over by the time I got there.  Still, I very deliberately held off on buying the basic versions of Finn, Poe and Rey. Especially in light of the news about the Walmart exclusive SA figure wave.  The biggest kicker?  I had those Target coupons and was fully expecting to be able to use that $25 off of a $100 purchase.  But I couldn't even find $100 worth of merchandise at Target that I really wanted, and was resigned to using the $10 off of $50 coupon instead.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2015, 06:25 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 4, 2015, 11:18 PM »
With all the hype that Disney and Hasbro put on the toys they released today, you would have thought they would have been better stocked. They still stock limited quantities and not even enough to make it much beyond midnight. Now we have to wait a week for them to restock.

Bad show Hasblow!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 5, 2015, 10:45 AM »
Yeah, I was just mentioning this in the purchases thread, but I was surprised how lacking the stock seemed to be in a lot of ways - at least the items we were watching out for.  TRU had a good supply of the basic figures, but WM was selling down and Target was basically sold out - at least they were sold out of the Force Awakens characters.  The Black Series was the hottest ticket everywhere I went (there were even people calling Target asking for them while I was there).  It seemed like Finn, Kylo Ren, and Chewie will be the easier finds there.  Poe's X-Wing seemed to sell well here too.  I wanted to get it, but didn't really have the budget for it right now - and I will say that $50 seems a little steep.  Overall, just surprised there wasn't more of an avalanche of products.  Granted, there is a ton of Star Wars "stuff" (it is really cool seeing it take up a whole aisle by itself at Target again), but as far as the action figure stuff goes it seemed like one or two customers could have cleaned it out.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 5, 2015, 12:55 PM »
I did see a lot of kids suddenly interested in Star Wars again. They where happily buying masks, lightsabers and lego stuff.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 5, 2015, 03:25 PM »
I wrote a little blurb about my MM experience in the Recent purchases thread.

Okay. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for the line, I still picked up a fair amount. However, I still haven't warmed up to it. Excited to hear about the return of vintage and the black series, so I'm waiting for more word on these items before I decide how I'm going to treat the 5 POA figures. At this point, I may just leave it all packaged. Though, I did play with an open Ray with speeder and found it to be pretty cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 6, 2015, 01:09 AM »
I got the Desert Landspeeder and was actually rather pleased by it.  Have a couple of ROTJ Rebel Endor soldiers crewing it and the vehicle is very much like the DPV buggies or other stripped-down & heavily-armed vehicles modern special forces troops use.  So not disappointed there. 

The real treat (for me at least) turned out to be the Revell Snaptite X-Wing and TIE kits.  They weren't really model kits, but rather toys you have to piece together.  They are approximately 1:48 scale, but have excellent detailing, moving parts, light & sound features, and are pretty solid in construction.  A win in my book. 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: September 6, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Checked a few stores today and was shocked at the lack of any figures at any of the stores I went (WalMart, Target and TRu)

There was TONS of SW crap...fliers, pillows, lightsabers, masks...no freaking figures

I am not one to pile on the Hasblow talk as these are toys for kids, but man I can't believe they missed the mark this badly

Also supremely interested in the lack on one piece of merchandise (outside of Lego Han) of the big 3

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 7, 2015, 02:56 PM »
Lego did their job correctly. It wasn't a problem finding most lego sets. But Hasbro still doesn't get it even after this huge media event that made every newspaper and evening news station. Some heads need to role at Hasbro.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 9, 2015, 02:44 PM »
The lack of product definitely seems to be the overall story of Force Friday. Hopefully stores will see more shipments soon. Our Target is sold out of all figures, and even the Hero Series stuff is sold down to nearly nothing. I found what I wanted for the most part last Friday, but hope we see more stuff hitting in general soon just so everyone can find what they want. I hit TRU today to check on their figure sale, and they did have a handful of basic figures: Zuvio, Resistance Trooper, and Finn (also Luke/Vader). Others were gone. Same at WM. The 6" stuff was all Chewie and a lone Finn.