Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 4  (Read 50593 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 4
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2016, 12:49 PM »
Miracle of miracles, I found a Han and Leia. Only store I know of that even got wave 4.

Just today?  I wonder if that means we should be checking stores again.  There's been no sign of these in my area.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 2, 2016, 10:47 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. I did find those on that day. Seemed pretty random. Though I asked an employee to check surrounding stores for stock, which they did, they also tried to tell me the same thing Walmart employees have been telling me for 20 years, that they're not getting any more Star Wars in. They're discontinued.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 3, 2016, 09:32 AM »
LOL. I'm sure with the constant buzz around Star Wars, Wal-Mart plans to stop carrying SW merchandise. 

I finally broke down and ordered Han and Phasma off eBay.  I found a seller with both for $45 shipped, so I'm out $15 minus any additional gas, time, or stress.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 3, 2016, 01:46 PM »
I just saw Han and Leia for the first time last week. Leia actually looked better in person I thought, or at least the one I saw. No sign of Phasma...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 4, 2016, 09:35 PM »
I managed to find a Han last week in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin.  No sign of Leia or Phasma. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: July 5, 2016, 04:21 PM »
Han seems to be the only one anyone can find.  Weird.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #111 on: July 6, 2016, 07:03 PM »
Received Han and Leia from eBay today. Nice to finally get them. Just have to find Unkar and FN-2187 and I'll have everything I want from TFA.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 7, 2016, 12:00 PM »
I found a Phasma three weeks or so ago, went back to that WM and no sign of Leia or Han. This store just moved a bunch of Finn out of the clearance isle and removed (most of) the clearance stickers (you could still see the red on some of them).
I am not the Stig

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 7, 2016, 03:51 PM »
I saw Finn again.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 8, 2016, 11:27 AM »
I've got a spare Han if anyone's still looking.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 8, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Got my Han and Phasma from Ebay in the mail today.  So glad to finally have these.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2016, 12:22 AM »
Got Han from a local buddy I met via Twitter...  Not a huge collector, but knew what to look for, and it worked out.

Actually like Han way more than I thought I would.  For some reason the face doesn't look too swift in pics, but in person the sculpt is crisp, but the eyes are ****** to say the least.  I get what they were going for with the sculpt though, and think it worked and would just look way better with the eyes painted better.  The hair could use a good deal more grey in it too...  Chalk another good sculpt getting flak due to poor paint apps, which is an area I totally agree with all the bitching...  Hasbro has cut way too many corners at all scales on paint apps.  Everything from micro machines to 6" figures are just sloppy anymore.

At least the faces are anyway.

The coat, and the rest of the duds are pretty sharp though, though one small gripe is the shoe part of the boot is actually highly glossy while the tall part that makes it a boot is pretty flat.  It's weird that they screwed the pooch on that one.

The blaster being an all new sculpt was a nice surprise too.  Wish I had this sculpt for all my Han figures actually.  It looks to be spot on, has a trigger guard, the scope is raised just right from the rest of the pistol.  It's really neat.  And the articulation is outstanding of course. 

Like Jeff posted before, the "peg" for the holster is a neat little extra, and lets you retail articulation while also making the holster stick to the thigh like it should.  Personally I prefer the TVC Bespin Luke's style, and think that should be standard as I have no trouble posing a figure with that completely separate holster/belt sculpt, but this is as good a compromise as can be expected, and works pretty well.  Miles superior to Endor Han, etc.

I'd say if the eyes were just a little less spread out, I'd not have a gripe at all with this really.  It's a pretty solid figure for a pretty random outfit from the movie.

Now if they'd do him like this in the outfit he wore throughout 90% of TFA, I'd be really geeked. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2016, 05:48 PM »
Still haven't seen any sign of w4 in or around my area (3 Walmarts within a 6 mile radius). One never got them at all; the second dumped them after w2; and the third hasn't stocked since a case of w2 two months ago. We also haven't gotten any TFA figure shipments since March, so it's not just TBS that isn't getting restocked.

I'm not upset over it, though. Between the higher prices, shoddy distribution, and the questionable quality (based on what everyone's photos and reviews of Han & Leia, especially), I'm not even all that excited about getting them. If I see them, I'll get them, provided they aren't cross-eyed and their limbs are in the proper locations.  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2016, 05:54 PM »
I've only seen repacks as remnants that the wave WAS at a store, but then there's been people finding like a single set here or there, or part of a set (one or two of the new figures), and it's weird.  It's like WM might be breaking the cases up in similarly stupid fashion to how Target will break cases up between stores...  I guess if one does the other may too. 

I've not seen a single new one from this wave myself, but locals helped me get at least one full set, and a couple extra Han figures for the pieces.  I truly hope this improves since today Hasbro confirmed these are sticking with Wal-Mart.  I'd pay the $1 more if they went to TRU though, given TRU actually handles their exclusives decently.  Target is no better than WM to me, and less common here, so yeah, I'd take TRU at this point.  Or an online shared exclusive or something.  That'd suit me just fine too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: August 1, 2016, 09:08 PM »
So in another instance of my area apparently being the actual ass-end of distribution, this wave FINALLY started to hit here with some kind of regularity/frequency.  This isn't to say #s are good, and one dude was walking out with pretty much all of it when I popped into Wal-Mart on Sunday afternoon (Seriously...  I think I embarrassed him because he scurried off and forgot a couple), but hey I was just a minute too late.  Oh well.

A local buddy picked me up Phasma though, so I'm actually caught up on these...  It feels good.  It won't be that way long, I feel sure, but it's cool for now.

I have an extra Han for customizing, an extra Phasma for the same thing, and one of the figures that guy left was a Leia so I got her just incase her paint is slightly less offensive. 

Oh and he dropped a FO Stormie, and even at $13 I can't pass that up.

I did leave a Rey he left behind...  Felt weird.  She barely hit around here and is one of the best figures of this WM exclusive series.  She's really quite perfect.

Anyway, just enjoying new toys.  Been a while...  well, been a while for Star Wars anyway.  :-X

Have a handful of 5POA I want, but I'm not going out of my way to get.  Maskless Kylo, Stormie Squd Leader, Nein Numbnuts, Ackbar's flappin' Canadian head, and Tassu Leach. *shrugs*  I think I want Kylo only to swap his head onto a better Kylo figure even.  Same with that Stormtrooper...  More want him for the gear than the figure.  :-\