Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 4  (Read 50593 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 4
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2016, 06:54 PM »
I wouldn't bet on that.  We still get core characters and fan favorites in recent lines despite the lack of movie presence.  Look at characters like Fett who pop up in almost every wave even though he's not relevant in any of the current media content.  He hasn't been relevant on screen for a while, but right now I can buy armor up Fett, those goofy combiner figures, and even an infinity figure.  Plus there are some rumors that we might see a young Han cameo in the Rogue One film...   :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2016, 07:31 AM »
So any ideas of really just when these figures will now just be available here?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Look at characters like Fett who pop up in almost every wave even though he's not relevant in any of the current media content.  He hasn't been relevant on screen for a while, but right now I can buy armor up Fett, those goofy combiner figures, and even an infinity figure.  Plus there are some rumors that we might see a young Han cameo in the Rogue One film...   :-X

Umm...  that's true, but none of those are brand new, SA 3.75" figures, are they? :P

My point wasn't that we'd never see another Han toy again.  The point was, with a limited number of slots in the Walmart Black Series 3.75" line each year, it would not surprise me if this is the last new 3.75" SA Han we get until the Han movie hits.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2016, 03:42 PM »
Yeah the odds don't seem in your favor there Jeff, but hey who knows what turn the line overall may take? 

While Han is an icon though, I'm not sure I'd compare him with Fett.  I want a new Endor Han badly but does the world?  At the same time Boba basically is in the same outfit and people will rebuy him over and over.  He appeals to kids now as much as ever...  He is just riding that "he looks cool" factor.  Do today's new fans want new Hans though?  I dunno.  I know OT Boba wasn't in any of the PT films but my kids at the time wanted a Boba figure pretty badly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Umm...  that's true, but none of those are brand new, SA 3.75" figures, are they? :P

My point wasn't that we'd never see another Han toy again.  The point was, with a limited number of slots in the Walmart Black Series 3.75" line each year, it would not surprise me if this is the last new 3.75" SA Han we get until the Han movie hits.

I missed the "SA" part.  It's doubtful, but I still wouldn't rule it out.  With less than a dozen of these released so far, we got OTC Leia, OTC Vader, OTC Jedi Luke, & OTC Endor Han.  That's almost half OTC, non-movie figures.  ANH Han and Luke in next year's assortment wouldn't shock me. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2016, 10:58 PM »
But to that point, OTC Leia was a hold-over (supposedly the softgoods had issues I'd heard/read somewhere) and the rest were repacks...   :-\

Not real hopeful personally, at least till the Han movie rolls out anyway. 

I so wanted a new Endor Han...  I wanted a new Carbo Han and that snuck in under the wire, but man, Endor Han just blows. 

I wanted a nice brown coat variant of Hoth Han too, for actually riding the Taun-Taun they made with a friggin' blue coat.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2016, 04:46 PM »
While Han is an icon though, I'm not sure I'd compare him with Fett.  I want a new Endor Han badly but does the world?  At the same time Boba basically is in the same outfit and people will rebuy him over and over.  He appeals to kids now as much as ever...  He is just riding that "he looks cool" factor.  Do today's new fans want new Hans though?  I dunno.  I know OT Boba wasn't in any of the PT films but my kids at the time wanted a Boba figure pretty badly.

Why don't you like the current Endor Han?  Did I miss that review?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2016, 08:35 PM »
The horrendous barrel chest that was completely unnecessary, the headsculpt doesn't look quite right (such is Hans life as a figure often), the floating holster...  Even the blaster has been done better. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2016, 04:20 PM »
Fair enough...keep the trenchcoat on and it covers most of the flaws.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2016, 05:22 PM »
Yeah, but he only wears it for a small part of things.  It's just a very updatable figure to me.  I'd have taken new and semi-new Cantina and Hoth Hans too, respecticely.

I'm pretty ok with Carbo and Bespin.  Endor is just the one that stands out as fairly bad now.  Not counting TFA 5POA which obviously I'd love a SA version.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2016, 11:02 PM »
I'm glad we're now getting just a super-articulated Captain Phasma figure.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2016, 12:34 PM »
Well, between two Walmarts in the St Louis area, wave 4 was plentiful. One probably had 4 untouched cases. I grabbed one set of 3 though the lips on the Leia are off at the first stop and it was the only one of her they had. I will return that tomorrow. The second stop is at a newer Walmart that has never carried the SA figures so I wasn't expecting much. I've never bought a single thing there and wonder why I make the effort only to be disappointed time and again. Well, there were the 4 cases with all the figures overflowing from the pegs. I grabbed three of the Leias (all of them were better than the first I bought). Han's eyes aren't real crisp, but decent. His hair is still not gray.

So my haul is:
3x Han
2x Phasma
4x Leia (though one is going back)

One sets for me, the others for locals.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2016, 01:36 PM »
So this wave is just officially Han, Leia, and Phasma?  What was that astromech all about?

If anyone ends up with an extra set they could send me, I'd be super grateful.  As always, the nearest Walmart takes me over an hour to make a round trip to, and the traffic sucks.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2016, 02:26 PM »
So this wave is just officially Han, Leia, and Phasma?  What was that astromech all about?

If anyone ends up with an extra set they could send me, I'd be super grateful.  As always, the nearest Walmart takes me over an hour to make a round trip to, and the traffic sucks.

Speculation is that the astromech is a future Disney Parks exclusive.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2016, 04:53 PM »
Went looking for the new Black Series wave today and found.......one Endor Han Solo. So, I'm going to go ahead and put the cry for help out there if anyone happens to find extras as this wave filters out more. Our local stores have just been disasters for this line. If not for online orders and the help from others, I wouldn't have any of them. Especially looking forward to the Han, but the whole wave looks nice.