Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253774 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #450 on: April 2, 2010, 12:44 AM »
Hey Hasbro - I understand that once you sell figure cases in bulk to chains like WalMart, Target or TRU and the product leaves your warehouses, it's really not your responsibility, but on a recent late night trip to a local WalMart, I was shocked to see twelve cases of Clone Wars 2009 Wave 4 Ratio 1 waiting to either be put out on the pegs or put back into the stockroom. While these figures did well when the Red/White Clone Wars line hit back in August 2009, how can you expect this store to sell through that much eight-month-old product and still be competitive with other chains that might be getting the Thi-Sen or Snowgear Obi-Wan waves? How is it even possible that this much of a backlog even took place?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 15, 2010, 11:08 AM »
I love me some Jabba goons - I would buy them up all day long.  That said, any updates on Fozec's eminent release?  Has he secured a position to be released whether it be on individual card, exclusive or a multipack format?  If so, when can fans expect him?  If he is not locked in yet, care to share any ideas you have been tinkering with?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2010, 04:15 AM »
Here are a couple I've been wondering lately...

On the back of the Cad Bane packaging, the photography of the figure shows Cad Bane holding both of his pistols and his rifle is on his back lined up with the pack straps to give the visual impression that the straps are holding the rifle. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how I'm supposed to "snap" the rifle in place on Bane's back. Was this a feature of the figure that was originally planned but then dropped during production?

Due to plans changing with the last WalMart Comic Pack 2-pack exclusive wave, it seems you had to do quite a bit a scrambling in order to get the Rebel Pilots pack ready to be sold by the online retailers. With the EU wave hitting and the presence of the Eopie stickers on the packaging, it becomes very clear that you had the EU wave of figures made quite some time ago. If you were able to make changes to the case assortments for the WalMart comic 2-pack wave, why couldn't you have gone back into the EU wave cases and swapped out some of the repacks and inserted a second Spacetrooper or Phase I Dark Trooper to help out army builders who are interested in building small squads of these characters? If that wasn't possible, why not substitute two of the repack figures with the second version of the Imperial Scanner Technician and the beardless Hoth Rebel Trooper. Heck why not use this as an opportunity to get out the "skipped" Grievous figure (#24). Due to the huge delay on these, it seems that you could have done any number of things to make ordering this wave by-the-case online a much more appealing proposition and you probably would have also not left Toys R Us stuck with so many repack figures once the smoke clears on this wave.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 04:16 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2010, 11:59 AM »
Due to plans changing with the last WalMart Comic Pack 2-pack exclusive wave, it seems you had to do quite a bit a scrambling in order to get the Rebel Pilots pack ready to be sold by the online retailers. With the EU wave hitting and the presence of the Eopie stickers on the packaging, it becomes very clear that you had the EU wave of figures made quite some time ago. If you were able to make changes to the case assortments for the WalMart comic 2-pack wave, why couldn't you have gone back into the EU wave cases and swapped out some of the repacks and inserted a second Spacetrooper or Phase I Dark Trooper to help out army builders who are interested in building small squads of these characters? If that wasn't possible, why not substitute two of the repack figures with the second version of the Imperial Scanner Technician and the beardless Hoth Rebel Trooper. Heck why not use this as an opportunity to get out the "skipped" Grievous figure (#24). Due to the huge delay on these, it seems that you could have done any number of things to make ordering this wave by-the-case online a much more appealing proposition and you probably would have also not left Toys R Us stuck with so many repack figures once the smoke clears on this wave.

I'd be interested in seeing their answer to this one.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2010, 08:40 PM »
When previously asked about new CW astrodroids such as R7-A7, R6-H5, or R7-F5, you have invariably replied that they are "collector" figures which you are avoiding in the line.  Yet we continue to get their Jedi's fighters, and, being repaints, they must be relatively inexpensive to produce.  Please tell us what you have planned for the empty droid slots on our Y-Wings & Jedi Fighters!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:28 AM by Hobbie »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 29, 2010, 01:17 AM »
You had previously mentioned many times that there was to be a 3rd series for the Wal-Mart exclusive Droid Factory sets (which has been cancelled). What characters had you planned to be in this wave, and had you started production on any of them before the series was finally cancelled?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #456 on: June 29, 2010, 03:26 PM »
In another site's Q&A, you broke my childhood dreams for a Princess Kneesa figure due to "production issues".  Is she still in the plans for the next Ewok release even if it is next year?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 3, 2010, 10:15 PM »
I have a few:

1) There seems to be two mail-away offers in the new Clone Wars figures - one is for a Galactic Battle Game Mat and the other is for a Galactic Battle Game Mat w/Sergeat Bric - are there two different offers or if someone sends away for just the Galactic Battle Game Mat, they are going to get the Mat w/Bric in return?

2) Why did you leave Zuckuss out of the ESB Vintage wave? While we know that there is a misnamed convention exclusive version that is on the Vintage cardback, it seems like a missed opportunity to finish off the ESB Bounty Hunters on Vintage Cards by not including him in the wave.

3) Darth Vader and C-3PO are new figures in the Vintage line yet you put the figures with the same images as you used in the 2004 VOTC line. Since the vintage Kenner line never had a Vader w/removable helmet or a C-3PO with removable plating, couldn't new imagery from ESB have been used for these figures? For example, a shot of Vader sitting in his meditation chamber would have been great for this version of the character.

4) Can you please go on the record as to whether or not stores are allowed to sell product before the August 6th date printed on the shipping cases? It seems that Toys R Us has broken the street date both online and sporadically at their brick-and-mortar stores both in the UK and also in the UK. So is there supposed to be a strict adherence to the date or has the date been scrapped due to the ridiculously long wait time between new product? And if Toys R Us has been given the green-light to sell the new product, can you please see what you can do about getting the word out to them? There seems to be a few employees who think you're gonna fine them for millions of dollars if they sell me a Vintage figure.
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 5, 2010, 08:51 PM »
And one more...

5) I know you updated the Star Wars stands sold through HasbroToyShop.com to have two pegs, but the biggest problem, as a collector, I have with the stand sets is that there are too many stands from movies you don't focus on as much as others and quite often, I have to resort to using a "Phantom Menace" stand for an "Expanded Universe", "Revenge of the Sith" or "A New Hope" figure. Would you consider either (a) on the next production run of these, making only the generic "Star Wars" stands or (b) switching over to the stands you have shipping with the new Clone Wars and Legends figures for the battle card game?
Peter

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 10, 2010, 10:39 PM »
I noticed you starwars.hasbro.com web site is very out of date regarding your latesting star wars mail away offers. When will I be able to print out a copy of the Boba Fett and Sergent Biric certificates?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 15, 2010, 05:24 AM »
Dear Hasbro

Just have to give an impassioned shout out for a Vintage Carded newly sculpted and articulated Cantina Band member. Packed with all the instruments these "Band Builders" would fly off the shelves!
So what do think?

Offline LordMaul

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 25, 2010, 02:29 AM »
Dear Hasbro.
The new AT-ST Driver is probably THE most interesting figure from the upcoming Hoth battle packs and it seems an odd choice that Hasbro is putting a figure with so much army building potential in an expensive battle pack when a single card release would be more profitable (personally, I would buy at least five or six). Will this figure be released on single card in 2011?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 11, 2010, 03:49 PM »
In a recent "The Clone Wars" Season 3 teaser trailer, Asajj Ventress' Fan Blade starfighter was shown. Considering this ship is seen in multiple sources (novels, comics, original "Clone Wars" microseries and current "The Clone Wars" series), is it likely that this will be made in the vehicles line? Also, Asajj seems to have strong fan appeal, which could justify this release.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 27, 2010, 11:19 AM »
Has there been any updates on the status for the release of a Fozec figure?  Last I remember reading in an older QnA you stated that he was on your short list, or parking lot, and he keeps barely getting bumped out of the lineup.  Is he slotted for a 2011 or 2012 release?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:31 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 14, 2010, 12:39 PM »
Can we get some more OT GALACTIC HEROES Vehicles and beasts such as ...

Jawa Sandcrawler
Bantha
Landspeeder
Emperors Shuttle
TIE FIGHTER
Rebel Transporter

Thanks!!!!!!