Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 260219 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #195 on: December 22, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Might be more like old stock of Anakin with Can Cell or Dooku with Speeder Bike.

It'll be fun to hear what everyone gets.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 22, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Sweet!  I'm going to army build Can Cells   8)   :-\

Seriously though - nice deal for Toys for Tots or to have some extra kid gifts on hand.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2010, 01:29 AM »
I wouldn't turn my nose to DOoku bikes or Pirate speeders for free, but that's me I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2010, 08:30 AM »
I wouldn't turn my nose to DOoku bikes or Pirate speeders for free, but that's me I guess.

Agreed.  Hey, any kind of deluxe figure for free is a score in my book.  They could easily be sending out leftover Plo Koons instead (or nothing at all!).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2010, 08:39 AM »
I'm so amused by the random prospects that I'll talk myself into actually buying something at regular retail price that I otherwise might not get.  See, they reeled me in already. :P

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2010, 09:43 AM »
Not sure what else I will be available to buy during this time frame that I dotnt already have (I did very well with HTS's free shipping/25% off).  Maybe a new wave MU - but I doubt it, hopefully the final comic series wave for IM2, the AOTC wave, perhaps some CW figs.  The only thing definite I see me grabbing during this time frame is the upcomming TRU pilot packs - these should be out then right?

anyway, great deal here.  I dont know what freebies I would grab - but I do like freebies.  maybe some stuff for my daughter for once   ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 24, 2010, 12:03 PM »
CW 2packs and Mini Muggs are at 50% clearance here in the wonderful world of MN.  Vintage vehicles and CW BPs were still full price.  No Hoth BPs to scan so not sure about them...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 26, 2010, 03:26 PM »
My Target put Vintage and CW figs back to full price this morning...bummer.

Looks like TRU has a Buy 2 get 1 free sale on SW and some other lines...very picked over, but oodles and oodles of Slave I sets left over.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #203 on: December 26, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Same here...  Though the 9-packs were $35, which is a nice price.

Also the Uncle Milton stuff's on clearance, the items I reviewed earlier, so I picked up another saber wall light and plan to use it to deco the collection a bit.

Full price figures suck now...    :-\  Back to not buying nearly as much extra as I had been.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 27, 2010, 10:05 AM »
One of my local Wal-Marts was amazingly almost cleared out of basic figures across all three assortments, and had actually put "Clearance" stickers on the pegs for Saga Legends (which were, as always, the most prevalent of the assortments on the pegs), marking those down to 5 dollars each.  I only saw this at this one WM, so it may be another of those "manager's choice" type things.  I guess post-holiday is a good time for Hasbro to start doing some different figures in the assortment instead of releasing the exact same figures, ad nauseum, in every case.  I know I could go for some TPM/ROTS deco Battle Droids using the currently-shipping-and-immediately-disappearing-leaving-nothing-but-old-Grievouses-in-their-wake Geonosis sculpts.

TRU continues to astound with their random price increases.  As I mentioned in another thread, they've raised the prices on everything in the SW aisle over the last few weeks, with vehicles now at 30 bucks, Battle Packs at 28 bucks, basic figures (CW and SL) at 8.50, Vintage at 11, and Deluxe Vehicle/Figure sets at 22 dollars.  Even the abundant Rise of Boba Fett set is back at 110 bucks.  The bad side of this is that TRU is the only retailer near me that has gotten any of the Zombie Geonosian wave (always after those 2 for 9.99 sales have finished), and that's a figure that I would love to army build at a cheaper price.

Vintage 9 pack is down to 35 dollars at my Target, but I still don't know if I could justify biting on 9 figures I already have at a lower price, especially given the size of the thing.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #205 on: December 28, 2010, 10:26 PM »

Looks like TRU has a Buy 2 get 1 free sale on SW and some other lines...very picked over, but oodles and oodles of Slave I sets left over.

That does not bode well for and ESB deco version...

I have not been to a TRU since I saw the $10.99 increase a few weeks ago so I cannot comment on this but I do remember seeing a few sets when I was there. This would be a great Etailer exclusive. I really want Boba's Slave One.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2010, 01:51 AM »

I was expecting to pay discounted prices for an Embo I picked up, and I was bummed to see it was full price. I didn't take advantage of the $6 TVC figures and $? (not sure how much it was) for the TCW figures. :-\
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2011, 02:07 PM »
I was at Target this morning and noticed that they have raised the prices on all three figure assortments again: Legends and Clone Wars figures are now 7.99, and Vintage is now 8.99.  I guess they saw TRU raising their prices across the board and, instead of trying to compete by keeping prices low, they simply decided to jack up their prices as well so nobody will be able to stomach buying figures there either.   :P

Oddly, none of the other action figure lines Hasbro makes (Joe, Marvel, Iron Man, etc) had any changes made to their prices; I figure it's only a matter of time before Wal-Mart decides to raise their prices and enter this ass-backward competition for collector dollars. 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2011, 03:10 PM »
Exclusives are hard to judge as it's always different region to region.  I saw some Slave 1 sets for a few weeks leading up to Xmas, and haven't seen any since.  Never did I see more than 5 or 6 on a shelf.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Exclusives are hard to judge as it's always different region to region.  I saw some Slave 1 sets for a few weeks leading up to Xmas, and haven't seen any since.  Never did I see more than 5 or 6 on a shelf.

Wish I'd remember to snap a pic at my TRU.  They have an entire wall with 80+ Slave I sets.  Looks really cool, but ya....They need to mark them down again or they ain't going anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:22 PM by iFett »