Author Topic: The Force Awakens Toy Line - Rumors and Speculation  (Read 36430 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Force Awakens Toy Line - Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2015, 04:49 PM »
And Snoke! Nothing on Snoke either...they do a good job keeping the cgi stuff under wraps.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2015, 04:53 PM »
So, going back to the original RS rumor report...

This was confirmed at SDCC:
- SW E7 3.75" Figure Two Pack Assortment [aka Star Wars Universe; pka Mission Series] ($14.99)

These 3.75" related things have leaked out the past two days:
- SW E7 3.75" Jungle / Space Figure Assortment ($7.99)
- SW E7 3.75" Snow / Desert Figure Assortment ($7.99)
- SW E7 3.75" In Armor Figure Assortment (TBD, rumor $9.99)
- SW E7 Class I Vehicle Assortment (TBD, rumor $19.99)
- SW E7 Class I Deluxe Vehicle Assortment (TBD, rumor $24.99)

So that leaves these 3.75" related things yet to be revealed/confirmed/debunked:
- SW E7 3.75" Basic Figure Assortment (TBD, rumor $6.99)
- SW E7 Class II Vehicle Assortment (TBD, rumor $29.99)
- SW E7 Class II Deluxe Vehicle Assortment (TBD, rumor $49.99)
- SW E7 Starfighter Vehicle (TBD, rumor $49.99)
- SW E7 3.75" Hero Vehicle (TBD, rumor $129.99)

Edit #1 - filled in some rumored pricing from the May 11th RS Rumor Report

Edit #2 - looking at this list again and seeing the case-pack boxes that are turning up on social media, I'm thinking either the RS report has some store excluives mixed in there or something got doubled up.  Some places are reporting the Snowspeeder as a "Class I Deluxe" ($24.99) others are calling it the Class II vehicles assortment ($29.99) because of the text on the case pack box.  Hmmm... 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:23 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2015, 01:36 AM »
No pics with this story so it'll go here for now...

WARNING FOR THE ULTRA SENSITIVE - SPOILER CHARACTER/TOY NAMES TO FOLLOW...

Now that that's out of the way - Hasbro Line Details?

Nerf firing Falcon?  Bummed it's not an updated-with-new-radar-dish BMF, but I'll probably still pick one up... though for $120 it better be pretty nice.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:37 AM by Jeff »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2015, 08:36 AM »
Cool, I got like 3 new names out of that.

The NERF thing does not sound like something that should be a part of the SW 4" toy universe, but I am an old school purist I guess.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2015, 04:57 PM »
Anyone catch the Hasbro toy catalog images that leaked earlier today? They didn't last long thanks to Hasbro's quick reaction time...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2015, 06:53 PM »
Anyone catch the Hasbro toy catalog images that leaked earlier today? They didn't last long thanks to Hasbro's quick reaction time...

Yeah, but they can be found (for now) on a certain fan site's facebook page.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2015, 08:59 PM »

Yeah, but they can be found (for now) on a certain fan site's facebook page.

I need to see these...where?!?  ???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2015, 09:25 PM »
They're gone ATM...

I imagine everyone would just be complaining.

I liked some I saw, not some other stuff.  I'm basically where I was.  I just have a more clear sense how downsized the 2 Landspeeders are though. And Reys Speeder is AWESOME looking IMO.

Little disappointed to see my only crack at Chopper will be in a friggin 2 pack too.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2015, 09:45 PM »
Ok, I saw the full catalog, you can't get rid of anything on the Internet thank God.

Really happy to see there will be Rebels stuff for me to buy. Just no single carded figures apparently. cool to see the Y-Wing Scout Bomber in OT colors.

I guess all that talk about there being 9 new 6" figures was just speculation?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2015, 10:05 PM »
I think there are still some unanswered questions. Set aside SA figures which I think are destined for exclusives somewhere.

Basic Figures: Old Man Rex and Inquisitor 2.0 we've seen but aren't accounted for, so they're on deck for a wave 2 that may or may not land on Force Friday. That would put them among presumably another dozen figures, some of which MSW alluded to yesterday. The lack of an old man Han Solo to buy is of all the 'spoiler' stuff strange. Lego is getting one 9/4. I mean, the Falcon doesn't even come with him, and that's kind of... this is the big Christmas toy one assumes.

Mission Series: More a comment - can't believe the sheer number of repacks here. In particular the PT retreads. Chopper, sure. Zeb? He went down swinging before Target and Wal-Mart did their resets. One thing I was looking forward to with the new movie push was just plain and simple 'new.' And by and large honestly we haven't seen much of it yet. There is a a cap on what the toys can reveal due to the decision to launch so far in advance of the movie; there's an enormous amount of repetition in the toys themselves; the toys are repetitious because it's almost all OT callbacks (X-Wings, TIES, oh my.)

Black Series Deluxe: we've seen DCPI's for these ($39.99 price point) but no sign in the catalog.

Hero Mashers: Also MIA.

Galactic Heroes: Ditto.

Exclusives: No clue.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2015, 12:03 AM »
Ok, I saw the full catalog, you can't get rid of anything on the Internet thank God.

Really happy to see there will be Rebels stuff for me to buy. Just no single carded figures apparently. cool to see the Y-Wing Scout Bomber in OT colors.

I guess all that talk about there being 9 new 6" figures was just speculation?

Don't assume everything is in the catalog. I mean, the catalogs from recent years were only partial.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2015, 01:01 AM »
Agreed, I think not all is in there...  I think this is also something of a "preview" of sorts too. :x
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2015, 10:07 AM »
There are some additional press photos floating around out there and those show things that are not in the catalog.  Nor are any of the exclusives shown.  There will be more...

And, before you ask, I am not going to post them since I know I will just be asked by Hasbro to take them down. :(
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:08 AM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2015, 10:51 AM »
Looking through all the pics yesterday and today, and there is some stuff I really like.  I know many will be bummed about everything being 5 POA, and the lack of a "BMF" style Falcon - and I am too - but I also sort of like how this is a "toy" line that should be fun for kids.  As my daughter and I have been looking forward to the Force Awakens (she is particularly excited about Rey), I've been telling her how I think it is so cool that this will sort of be her trilogy, the way the OT was for me.  She is very near the same age as I was growing up with Star Wars, and its kind of neat that this generation of kids will have their own Star Wars movie(s) like we did.

The toys are much the same.  I know we've moved past what we got in our vintage line, with technology and paint apps, etc., but this Force Awakens line does seem very vintage-esque in many ways.  Sure, bottom line is, a lot of the decisions are made due to cost, but it is also neat to see a line with the Falcon as the "big ticket item", and a good assortment of figures characters that are durable and ready for play.  A good assortment of vehicles and play value, and hopefully - above all else - fun.

Now, I do still sort of hope we see the more articulated figures at some point (maybe as a store exclusive as rumored), but for the basic line I think this is alright too.  As long as these figures can actually sit in their vehicles (which is the biggest sticking point to me with losing that articulation), it should be fun.   I know I'll be picking up a lot of it, and looking forward to those 6" figures as well, and I'll continue to hold out hope that we'll see some more articulated 3 3/4" versions of these characters down the road as well - or at least the big guns and troopers.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2015, 11:01 AM »
I honestly don't have room for a second BMF, so kind of happy to not have the choice.   ;)  The catalog has some nice new stuff in it.  The figures and mini-ships remind me of the old Deluxe line, so nice to see those.  I think there's enough here to get excited about without it being overwhelming (looking at you TPM).  We have a basic set with a dozen figures, continuation of the two-packs, a few smaller ships and figures along with a couple of the larger core spaceships.  All interesting and manageable.  I was surprised to see so much titanium series and micro machines.  If I collected all that stuff I would be feeling like there's a little too much right now. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today