Author Topic: Best Buy 2019 TVC AT-ST Raider w/Klatooinian Raider  (Read 15967 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Best Buy 2019 TVC AT-ST Raider w/Klatooinian Raider
« Reply #30 on: November 1, 2019, 11:17 PM »
I picked one up today and put it together tonight.  I love this thing!

First, I like the concept that scoundrels across the galaxy would be repurposing Imperial equipment after ROTJ.  Also the look of this one would be indicative of them not being routinely maintained after the fall of the empire.  There's some great details on this with the paint (skull and cross bones, hash marks for kills, etc.) and also the tarps covering the joints and the cargo net are nice touches!

The figure is great too, although I wish that the holster on his chest was functional and could fit the pistol that comes with him.  Minor gripe.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:55 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 2, 2019, 11:57 AM »
Picked mine up! Only ordered the one for now and will not open it since I got a great package. Last month was pretty expensive on the toy front, so spreading the costs...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 2, 2019, 03:17 PM »
Just picked one up as well 8) It was kind of weird as I went to check both the closer and further BB stores in my area this morning and no AT-STs were to be had on the shelves.  I then looked it up online which showed the AT-ST was in stock at the closer store (though none were out earlier).  Nevertheless I ordered it online and it was ready for pickup in about 15 minutes.  So a little bit of a strange process to get one, but it all worked out...  If you haven’t gotten the AT-ST yet, the online ordering and store pickup option seems to be the way to get it :)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 4, 2019, 06:36 PM »
Bought the set.  Sold the vehicle and kept the figure!

(Dont' get me wrong, I love the vehicle, but I just don't have room for it.  I already have the Black Series version and that will have to do.)

But the figure is terrific.  Until i get more Mandalorian figures, he fits in perfectly on the Sail Barge with his fellow Klatooinian brethren. 
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 5, 2019, 01:05 AM »
If you haven’t gotten the AT-ST yet, the online ordering and store pickup option seems to be the way to get it :)

This is very much a "your mileage may very" situation unfortunately.

I ordered two of these back on October 7th, they charged me then, so I had paid for these almost a full month ago.

When I got to my local Best Buy where I had set up the site-to-store pick-up, at first they had a hard time finding my order, then the girl opened up the closet area behind the pickup register and I see that there are two AT-STs just sitting there, no longer in the outer shipping box and affixed to the packaging on each is a red/white tracking label sticker.

She then proceeds to try to carry both of them over to the counter/register at the same time and proceeds to drop one. I make like an "oh no" expression on my face and she says "don't worry, the item inside is well protected". I had to inform her that the condition of the packaging was important to me, and that I needed her to look if they had more in stock, as I did not want to take the one that now had a caved in bottom corner.

She said they had four more in stock.

When I got a good look at the other one, I started to peel the sticker off - and I told her, if this sticker ruins the packaging, I'm not going to want this one either. Thankfully the sticker came off and the condition of the box is maybe an 8 out of 10. I doubt these come in more than 2 per case, I have ZERO idea why they, when my order was for two, these EVER got removed from the outer shipping carton.

Anyway, I leave them both up by the pick-up register and I go to the "toy section" ::) and see what I can find on the shelves. One is also about an 8 in condition and the other one looks like it was unpacked by wolves.

So I get back up there, bringing the sorta okay one with me and I said, can you please check for the other two in the back, these are pretty dinged up - and I wasn't just being a jerk, this was the day of release and both boxes looked like they had been on the shelves for about a month. If someone told me that they had these on TFF and they've just been getting bounced around the stock room for the past month, I would believe it.

She goes to the back looking for them and after about 15 minutes comes back out and says "I'm sorry, we got a site-to-store order today and they're already prepared for that person to come pick them up" - I was less than pleased and reminded why I hate Best Buy.

I took the two and grabbed an IG-11 and went to the register to pay for the IG-11, turns out the guy working the register had a name-tag on that indicated he was a manager, and he asked me "did I find everything okay?" - I basically started with "no, I did not" and calmly told him all of the things that I was not happy with.

I'm only aware of two other Best Buys between my home and work, so if I can, I'll check them to see if I can find one that's in better shape, but I'm not counting on it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 6, 2019, 06:08 PM »
Is this figure all new, a repaint, or kitbash?   I was searching my Skiff crew diorama and trying to match this to the photos and didn't see a lot of similarities to what I've got on display.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #36 on: November 6, 2019, 08:52 PM »
I think he's all new.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: November 6, 2019, 11:02 PM »
Is this figure all new, a repaint, or kitbash?

Kitbash - new head, new helmet, new armor, the VC107 Weequay body with modified waist.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 7, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Is this figure all new, a repaint, or kitbash?

Kitbash - new head, new helmet, new armor, the VC107 Weequay body with modified waist.

At this point Hasbro has so many various body parts that I don't think it makes any difference if they're reusing parts like that. 

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 7, 2019, 03:26 PM »
The figure looks great. We'll see how close it resembles screen character. I don't know how well the different parts interact since I haven't bought it yet. But I'm definitely ok with Hasbro doing more kit-bash if it (seemingly) turns out as good as this.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 8, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Saw a bunch of these at the local Best Buy the other night. I'm assuming they'll sit there for a while until they get discounted
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: November 8, 2019, 11:06 PM »
Picked mine up tonight.  It’s very cool.  Kinda weird he has a gun, no holster, but a gun in a holster sculpted on him, but not a major issue.  Cool little hat too.

The walker is a nice deco change...  I have a giant box full of clearanced atst walkers I’ve gotten over the years, but I enjoy having this “new” look one with a marauder dude for it.  It’ll be weird having this and really nobody else for with it, but such are the times we live in.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Picked this up at Best Buy last night.

I was really on the fence about buying this vehicle - partially because of price and partially because of space.  One thing that I really appreciate about this item is the packaging.  Its really small (that's what she said) and clearly comes with some assembly required.  I'm not going to set this up right away, so I appreciate the fact that as a boxed item it'll have a small profile in my storage area.

I'll echo what others have stated - Best Buy has a solid Star Wars toy selection.  Most impressive.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2019, 12:19 AM »
On sale (?) for $69.99 and the single figures for $10.99.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2019, 11:24 AM »
Not sure why, but Amazon seems to be carrying this Best Buy exclusive now.

$66 on Amazon right now: Star Wars AT-ST Raider - The Mandalorian 3.75 scale - Vintage Collection
(only four left in-stock as of this post)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender