Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 130334 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2015, 12:50 PM »
Just got my shipping notice on the Endor Wave from HTS so these are showing much much sooner than the pre-order advertised (as usual with HTS). Keep your eyes peeled!

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2015, 03:16 PM »
I grabbed my first SW figure in forever, Ezra.  No accessories with this one (aside from the helmet)?  I understand cost cutting, but this is ridiculous.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2015, 03:28 PM »
I found all of the new Mission Series sets at Target over lunch today.  ;D

On the down side, nearly all of them had some level of box/bubble damage, but 2 Heras are 2 Heras, so I'm not complaining.

Now if I could just find those pesky 6" guys...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2015, 12:11 AM »
Received my order of the Saga Legends "Endor Wave" case and the Hera wave of Mission Series figures. So with the exception of getting a MIB set of the Digital Collection figures I'm all caught up on the 5POA front.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2015, 01:59 PM »
I finally got lucky and found the new Imperial Troop Transport @ TRU today. Also found remnants of the new Missions Series stuff at a different Target and picked up 2 more TIE Pilot/Stormtrooper 2-packs and another Cadet Ezra/Kanan 2-pack.  :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2015, 02:25 PM »
One of my Cadet Ezra/Kanan 2-packs had a Kanan with two right hands  >:(

Are there any noteable differences between this figure and the single-carded version of Kanan?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2015, 10:04 PM »
The TRU in Schaumburg, IL has raised the price on Saga Legends and Mission Series to $9.99 & $11.99 respectively. SL now is the same price as TBS, that's obscene!

This is likely an isolated incident, the store is in a huge shopping district near some wealthier towns. But it's insane nonetheless.

Photo on the JD Facebook page
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2015, 10:30 PM »
One of my Cadet Ezra/Kanan 2-packs had a Kanan with two right hands  >:(

Are there any noteable differences between this figure and the single-carded version of Kanan?

I just compared mine closely and no distint differences that I can see. My single carded version has a subtle paint application on  the eyes - a ring of blue around the darker iris, whereas in the 2-pack version it is much harder to make out. But that may just be factory sloppiness or whatever.

My luck continued after work as I found a very nice Hera 2-pack for my MOC collection at Target this evening. This allowed me to open one of the more raggedy ones I bought previously, and man, what a nice set. Hera is very slim but she has a cool little blaster and fits nicley inside the Phantom. And I love having a Stormtrooper Commander to ride point in the ITT.  8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2015, 01:54 AM »
Oofah Jason, that's some steep pricing on some ultimately crummy stuff.  If Hasbro bumps pricing on 5 POA to now articulated pricing, I'd imagine that's not going to go over well at the checkout line for them.

I don't buy the 5 POA much at this point, but I wouldn't buy it at all at those prices.  The quality just isn't there for it.

It's barely there on the articulated stuff most of the time, to justify a purchase.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2015, 07:09 AM »
I picked up Cadet Ezra w/ Kanan and the Rebels TIE Pilot w/ Stormtrooper yesterday.  I also saw some of the newer Mission series sets, like Leia with Stormtrooper Luke and Hoth Han Solo and Luke.  Yes, the coat on Han is blue.  Tried to find Hera with the Stormtrooper Commander, but that set seems to be rather... elusive.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2015, 04:34 PM »
Oofah Jason, that's some steep pricing on some ultimately crummy stuff.  If Hasbro bumps pricing on 5 POA to now articulated pricing, I'd imagine that's not going to go over well at the checkout line for them.

I don't buy the 5 POA much at this point, but I wouldn't buy it at all at those prices.  The quality just isn't there for it.

It's barely there on the articulated stuff most of the time, to justify a purchase.

Yeah JJ, it's just plain sick. I'm only after the crew of the Ghost for the 5 POA line since I figure Hasbro will likely never be doing them in TBS movie style, unfortunately this particular TRU seems to be the only place around me getting new stuff so it's a kick in the pants. Thankfully, I only need the Sabine 2 pack now and I can call it quits on this stuff. Between crazy prices, poor figure designs, and horrible distribution issues, the fun of collecting sure is being sapped outta me. Thankfully there's still vintage.  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2015, 10:25 AM »
Scored 3 Jedi Temple Guards and an AT-DP Driver this morning. One of the JTG's is up for trade to anyone who might have an extra Chopper from the REBELS line.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2015, 12:26 PM »
Ugh... Jedi Temple Guard and Chopper - the two that I can't find anywhere.

I'm starting to get tempted to overpay for them on eBay just to be done with it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2015, 05:52 PM »
Picked up the Vizago/IG-RM and Wookiee Mission series 2-packs at a comic shop of all places. And for only $9 each!  Nice score in my book. And the Wookiee 3-pack is up for grabs if anyone has an extra Hera Mission Series 2-pack.

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2015, 10:09 AM »
Saw the Imperial Transport at TRU yesterday. It's packed 3 per case apparently. Luckily, mine was waiting for me at home from HTS, shipped free with 20% off.

Also saw wave 4 2-packs (Hera wave) at Target.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."