Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5  (Read 88205 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5
« Reply #255 on: February 21, 2011, 11:02 PM »
I meant to type that if it's JUST the helmet it's not as bad, and I'd maybe just swap a Spacey's helmet onto him.  I may still do that.  Depends where I find the Stormie and how much.  At least the body isn't yellowing.

On the 212th, I have dozens of the SA version of him...  I'll deal with the 2006 figure then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2011, 01:05 AM »
The 212th helmets blew me out of the water.  It looks like a gold nugget or something.  I don't see how any of those are going to sell at all.  It actually needs to be recalled and redone.

Even though they seem to be common, yesterday I saw for the very first time a ROTS Clone Trooper with a deteriorating helmet (I always find them with white helmets/armor). The helmet was turning gray, it was terrible.

One gripe I have is that for $11 now, Hasbro should have included at least an extra rifle, or carbon scoring, ANYTHING, at least make it worth the extra money - not that they're worth it anymore.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2011, 01:23 AM »
Saw this entire wave yesterday at Wally...still no sign of wave 4.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2011, 02:50 PM »
I have only seen a few of them.  It ALMOST makes want to break down and go for Brian's Toys one of each figure club thing.  Then I come back to my senses  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2011, 02:04 AM »
I saw most of this wave this weekend.  I got a Stormtrooper because I'll swap the helmet but I passed on all the rest.  I'd have dug a 212th trooper but cannot justify it for $8.99.  $7.99, perhaps.  Passed on R5 too...  My current figure is better, to me, so I'm not going to pay for what would ammount to me wanting to have the card saved more than the figure.   :-\

No Luke...

Oh, and Han's better than I thought.  The head's not bad looking, but the figure's still totally inaccurate and crap.  But the head's just not ugly like I thought it'd be. :) 

Luke's all I want at this point, and no sign of him when I was out, so hopefully I'll see him at some point soon so I can nab one and call that figure done as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Managed to find a Stormtrooper and Clone Trooper (hooray...) at Wal-mart yesterday.  There was also a Kit Fisto.  That's all I've seen of waves 4 or 5 yet.  I'm starting to get mildly concerned.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #261 on: March 8, 2011, 04:01 PM »
For those having zero luck with these at retail - Wave 5 back In-Stock at EE.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #262 on: March 8, 2011, 09:09 PM »
I'm still hunting Luke down, but at this point I've passed on almost every other figure in the wave so I'll sit out a case of these just for Luke.  Glad to see them come back up though.  Kind of surprised to see 4 and 5 back at EE at all actually.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 8, 2011, 09:39 PM »
I'm still hunting Luke down, but at this point I've passed on almost every other figure in the wave so I'll sit out a case of these just for Luke.  Glad to see them come back up though.  Kind of surprised to see 4 and 5 back at EE at all actually.

If you need a Luke, shoot me a PM. There was one at my local WM as of tonight. Surprisingly, the Utapau Clones and Han Solo are hard to find in my neck of the woods. Not too surprising is the rarity of Yoda and Commander Gree. Luke, R5, and the Stormies are hanging around at my local WMs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #264 on: March 8, 2011, 10:49 PM »
Hey Greg,

Thanks for the offer...  I'm hoping I will nab him just when I'm out but let me think about it.  I may take you up on that actually.

I've not seen Yoda (I'm passing anyway), but I have seen Gree.

I'm shocked the 212th Clone is selling so wellt hough...  with the helmet issues, I'm really just surprised that he's one I never see when I see R5, Han, and sometimes the Stormtrooper.  212th I've seen once, and only once.  Go figure.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 8, 2011, 11:00 PM »
Got a Stormie today from Stateside,carded and unpunched.

Very nice looking card and figure.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 25, 2011, 11:13 PM »
Is this wave still shipping?

I wouldn't mind scoring second openers of Yoda and Death Star Escape Luke for display purposes and I have only seen this wave one time to get my MOC set and another time to have my primary set of openers....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #267 on: March 26, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Is this wave still shipping?

I wouldn't mind scoring second openers of Yoda and Death Star Escape Luke for display purposes and I have only seen this wave one time to get my MOC set and another time to have my primary set of openers....

It's gotta be. Target never got it.
I think 4, 5 and 6 are all in the pipeline still, especially since Target has sat on its hands this winter other than the new Clone Wars two-packs.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2011, 09:12 AM »
Target's gotten wave 5. The problem in my area is that they all have their "mins" set to one case. After 3 or four cases, there's a case worth of old figures, thus no new cases are ordered.

Finally got all the figures from this wave. Yeah, the Han blows. I know everyone's been saying it, but now that I've opened one, I'm really put off on the lack of effort put into the figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Yeah, the Han blows. I know everyone's been saying it, but now that I've opened one, I'm really put off on the lack of effort put into the figure.

I have actually found Wave 5 Han Solo to be the best likeness of Harrison Ford yet.  I hadn't seen anyone complain about him, I'll go read the wave 5 thread.  Weird.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:39 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda