Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 417292 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1815 on: April 20, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Agreed.  I don't want anymore Wolverine figures; I'm not a fan of that Sabertooth; don't want either Sentry; don't need another Thor at all. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1816 on: April 20, 2006, 11:06 PM »
I thought that all the variants were supposed to have the extra Giant Man piece, but that's just what I heard. I think that would make more sense than having it with just a single figure.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:06 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1817 on: April 21, 2006, 12:02 AM »
I thought that all the variants were supposed to have the extra Giant Man piece, but that's just what I heard. I think that would make more sense than having it with just a single figure.

I think that's what happens Ben.  Only two variants, Wolvie and Sentry and they both have the last piece needed.  So you don't have to buy both variants, just one of them and nine other figures.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1818 on: April 21, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Can anyone confirm this? I was under the impression that it was just the variant wolverine that had the 10th piece.

Either way, I probably won't be able to afford to get 10 figs anyway. Will try to get my hands on Kitty Pryde though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1819 on: April 22, 2006, 12:37 AM »
I doubt there will be confirmation until these hit en masse. TB has played this wave notoriously close to the chest.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1820 on: April 22, 2006, 01:17 AM »
Found this on Fwoosh.

Threw in some extra info too for those who need it:
035112710783 warbird- Lower torso
035112710868 havok- Upper left leg
035112710790 captain britain- upper right leg
035112710912 sabretooth- left foot
035112710899 sentry- Upper left arm
035112710905 weapon x- right foot
035112710875 thor- right hand
035112710882 ant-man- Upper right arm
035112710929 kitty- head/upper torso
I think the variants have the left hand. pretty sure about wolvie, but not sentry. I've seen the proto variant with the same piece(upper left arm)

I guess he didn't buy the Sentry variant, but that's more or less a confirmation of the piece being with variant Wolvie.

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1821 on: April 23, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Right now on the Fwoosh it looks like people are questioning the existence of the Sentry variant.

So until someone finds him, it looks like variant Wolvie is needed to complete the BAF.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1822 on: April 23, 2006, 11:47 PM »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1823 on: April 24, 2006, 12:34 AM »
Man, $43? These things will be out en masse by the middle of next month.  :o

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1824 on: April 24, 2006, 11:01 AM »
No signs of anything around here yet - although I'm not surprised by that.  I don't know if its just here or what, but I noticed this weekend that not all of our stores seem to be carrying Legends right now.  Its probably just a dry spell, but we'll see.  We have two Targets and two Wal-Marts in town, and only one of each even has pegs for Legends.  Our closest WM was carrying them, but their space has since been taken over by Superman Returns figures and TONS of Marvel Legends Showdown.  There's a lot of SMC and even some F4 movie figures still hanging about, but otherwise no regular Legends.  Our closest Target does carry Legends, but the one across town apparently doesn't.  Kind of surprising.  TRU is the only store in town that is carrying either the Fantastic Four or X-Men "Classics" lines.  It looked like TRU just got in some more of the X-Men figures, with a Cyclops, Beast, Angel, and Wolverine showing up last week.  I was tempted, but I already have more accurate versions of all four, so I left them sit.  I wish that store would have seen a Storm or Phoenix though, still need a version of those.  Hopefully the third wave won't be a tough find, that seems to have the best figure assortment.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1825 on: April 25, 2006, 09:05 AM »
Can anyone confirm this? I was under the impression that it was just the variant wolverine that had the 10th piece.

Either way, I probably won't be able to afford to get 10 figs anyway. Will try to get my hands on Kitty Pryde though.
Variant Sentry

From what I remember reading in Toyfare (103 I think) they said that the Wolverine & Sentry with the different heads are NOT variants. They are considered to be an individual figure for the set. That every figure will come 1 to a case and you will have to buy the whole case in order to put the whole Giant Man together.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1826 on: April 26, 2006, 02:41 AM »
Then I just read somewhere that the Sentry variant only comes in the PDQ cases. So I guess that means no one really knows what's going on.

The only thing I really care about is getting a full set and not having to fight every nerd in town for it. If I can't have a full set, I at least want Warbird, Havok, Kitty, and Sentry.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1827 on: April 26, 2006, 07:04 AM »
Stoped at my local Wal-Mart here in MN and found 2 Ant-Man's and 1 Thor. So the series is hitting shelves.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Stiller

• Youngling
  • I am NOT a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1828 on: April 26, 2006, 10:16 AM »
I hope this isn't an indication of things to come...10 figs for the build-a-fig...

I wonder if this is going to be done with M.O.D.O.K. and Mojo.

I'm not a fan of Sentry, but am forced to get one, now maybe the other one to complete the Giant-man. (As we all know the Wolvie variant is going to be a beotwch to find.
Steeler fan since birth. Star Wars fan forever.

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1829 on: April 26, 2006, 03:10 PM »
From what I remember reading in Toyfare (103 I think) they said that the Wolverine & Sentry with the different heads are NOT variants. They are considered to be an individual figure for the set. That every figure will come 1 to a case and you will have to buy the whole case in order to put the whole Giant Man together.

Toyfare says alot of things (I still laugh at the one issue where they valued Scarlet Witch at $90). I usually take what theyw rite with a grain of salt and tend to go elsewhere for toy related info (either online or Lee's Toy Review).