Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 417270 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1920 on: May 31, 2006, 12:27 AM »
I ordered Loki, Loki Variant, Abomination, Pyro and GG.  They shipped today

I ordered Loki Variant and Loki back in February...nada ::)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1921 on: May 31, 2006, 07:29 AM »
Scott, we still on for Green Goblin's Onslaught piece?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1922 on: May 31, 2006, 07:35 AM »
**** it, I don't feel like wasting my time trying to find these in store so I went ahead and ordered them.  With gas and all that ****, it's more than worth it in the long run.

Of course, I'll probably go to TRU today and find them.  ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1923 on: May 31, 2006, 10:03 AM »
Greetings,
I've contacted you on numerous occasions in the past regarding pre-orders and why they haven't been followed through on when stock arrives.  Standard, lame excuses have been given, but I thought I'd give another opportunity. 

I placed an order on January 29, 2006 and the Amazon.com order number is xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.  I noted those items were listed as "in stock" and available for online ordering on May 26, 2006.  It is my understanding that individuals that have placed orders on that date are now receiving shipping notices for items ordered that date, yet my order, placed nearly four months earlier remains as unshipped. 

I can only presume that the pre-order option at Amazon.com is a useless waste of time.  I find it frustrating to say the least given this is not the first time that you have been unable to actually deliver a service you are offering.  Is there any point in actually making a pre-order with you folks or is it just some sort of in-joke at Amazon so you can laugh at customers down the road? 

I anxiously await yet another "standard" answer indicating you cannot follow through with a service.  I suspect it's time to take my business elsewhere and make the same recommendation to anyone else I speak to. 

Sent them an email today.  I really expect nothing from them, other than some token gift certificate I'll never use.  I also have the face-off two packs on pre-order with them (variants, of course) that I fully expect to not receive. 

I think the system is quite fully retarded, but I am enjoying complaining.  I just wish I could irritate the same customer service rep with subsequent emails, but it keeps going to a different rep. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1924 on: May 31, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Well i got the figures i ordered from the links, and they were not the variants.  ::) Now i have to go through the hassle of a return.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1925 on: June 1, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Well, the linkys from Amazon must be working ok.  I received Green Goblin and Pyro today on our doorstep, no problems.  Hopefully people are having decent luck with the variants, but as far as the normal figures go - mine seemed to arrive just fine.  Maybe there will be a bit of a break now before ML14 hits.  Between these, the WM wave, the Face Offs, and some SMC - its been a spendy month or two for Marvel stuff for me.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1926 on: June 1, 2006, 10:53 PM »
I'm glad I didn't order these at Amazon since I found them today. No variants, but I'm not much interested in any of them from this wave.

Seriously, TB does need to back off on the releases. I know they only have a few more months to get two more series out, but sheeesh. I've spent $150 on ML figures in the last month already.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1927 on: June 2, 2006, 12:16 AM »
I received Pyro, GG, Loki and Loki Variant today (from UPS) , for some reason Abomination shipped in a second box (DHL) and didn't arrive yet.  Weird

Anyway, this wave in general didn't do a lot for me, sure I'm glad to get the figures I did but there were a lot cooler villains out there I would have done.  Lady Deathstrike and Blackheart over someone like Kang or Mephisto...or why even do them over some of the unmade heros.  They just strike me as HUGE potential pegwarmers.  Even Loki, Pyro and Abomination have that potential

I feel the same way about 14 too, 15 might do a little better

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1928 on: June 2, 2006, 10:14 AM »
I'm glad to have the Goblin (my Spidey shelf seemed incomplete without him), as well as Pyro, but I'm with you Scott - I wasn't overly thrilled with this wave overall either.  Other than these two, I'm not sure if I'll pick up any others from the wave when they hit retail around here.  I'm on the fence with Loki, so that might be a possibility - and I'd grab the Norman Osborne variant if I saw it - but otherwise the next couple waves don't do too much for me.  But, I know there are people out there who are really looking forward to some of the figures/characters too, so that's cool.  It does seem like the selection might be getting limited at this point, at least as far as well knowns go.  It still fascinates me how much of the Marvel U we have gotten through the Legends/Classics lines - pretty impressive.  I couldn't imagine having all these figures when I was a kid.

So speaking of the upcoming waves, what is everyone planning to get from the last of ToyBiz's Marvel Legends, Spider-Man Classics, and F4/X-Men Classic lines this year?  It seems like TB is really putting out as much as they can before things switch over to Hasbro next year, but that makes it a good (and expensive) time to be a Marvel collector ;).  I'm not sure if there are alot of figures I'm "definitely" getting from the rest of the waves, but there are some.  I think the biggest spending came in the past month+ with all the WM waves, Face Offs, SMC, and ML13.  How's the rest of this "final year" shaping up for you?
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 12:26 PM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1929 on: June 2, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Well becuase of the build-a-figures, I plan to get all of the Marvel Legends. I would really like to get Kang and Dragon Man from the FF Classics and as always the villians from the Spider-Man CLassics. X-men Classics isnt really to interesting of a line for me, all i want is the un-iced Ice Man.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1930 on: June 2, 2006, 06:42 PM »
I do want all the Mojo BAF parts, so I suppose I'll get all of that wave. And of course I want Kang. Finding the Face Off two pack with Kingpin and Daredevil would be good too.

But other than that, I don't know.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1931 on: June 2, 2006, 07:46 PM »
I recieved the figures today from the links.  I did get the Regular and varient Loki and two varient Abominations in stead of a regular and a varient.

I really, really like the Pyro figure and wish we could have gotten an Avalanche figure to go with it before TB gets done.  The Green Goblin is the real beaut from this wave.  Deathstrike will be the pegwarmer hear.  The figure does zip for me.  The long horned Loki is way cooler than the short horned version.  The scarred Abomination figure is nice, but I like the expression the regular version has.  So I still need to track that one down.  Blackheart is ok.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1932 on: June 2, 2006, 09:45 PM »
I really, really like the Pyro figure and wish we could have gotten an Avalanche figure to go with it before TB gets done. 

There's an Avalanche coming in the next X-men wave.  Not exactly comic accurate but it looks pretty good and looks like it fits in with ML.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1933 on: June 3, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Got Abomination today...it was the variant one though which I didn't want.  So, now I guess I wait for them to show up here and buy a regular

Mikey the Onslaught piece is yours if you want it still

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1934 on: June 3, 2006, 06:08 PM »
Not sure if anyone else here on the boards collects the Marvel Showdown line.  Does anyone know when the next series is going to ship?