Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232973 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade?
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2008, 03:19 PM »
I think the $150-ish range is fair...  Ultimately is this really something that far surpasses the AT-TE though?  I don't believe so, so to me $100's ideal...  $150's fair.  $200 is overpriced IMO.  AT-TE's similar in size with just as many features, and $50 less (the Target DPCI # for this is still active, just the name's removed, so I'm banking on the $150 price being accurate).

I was just going to post today that I figured the Han w/Headset made more sense as a pack-in since it's something that actually functions with the ship (very cool), so kudos to Hasbro on that one.  It makes more sense than the VOTC basic Han unless they did a headset accessory.

As far as my buying habits.  I might buy one...  I'm not totally sold on it honestly, but only because I don't buy all vehicles because I'm picky about scale.  This I might cave in on, but it'll just depend come time I suppose.  I'm more anxious for the AT-TE though, personally.  This is really still an outstanding toy though with lots of good features and fun stuff.  The question is though, will kids give two hoots about the Falcon come holiday season?  I see more kids giddy for the prequal era stuff and not clamoring for Lukes, Hans, Leias and the like.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2008, 03:25 PM »
The question is though, will kids give two hoots about the Falcon come holiday season?  I see more kids giddy for the prequal era stuff and not clamoring for Lukes, Hans, Leias and the like.

I'm getting a little off topic here, but that's something I've often wondered about as well.  The kids I see in the aisles seem to go for the PT stuff more often as well.  I don't know how popular it would be, but a re-release of the OT in theatres at some point would probably help that a little - or maybe having the films on Spike TV now will too.  I just don't think kids these days notice/care about anything unless its in the movie theatres or on TV, and unless their parents are fans/have the DVDs, I don't know how much kids are exposed to the Original Trilogy these days.  Heck, I look at our nephews - who are totally into Star Wars right now, and I don't think they would have seen any of the movies if it wasn't for us (and LEGO Star Wars), and certainly wouldn't know characters beyond the ROTS ones (from the hype).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2008, 03:25 PM »
The question is though, will kids give two hoots about the Falcon come holiday season?  I see more kids giddy for the prequal era stuff and not clamoring for Lukes, Hans, Leias and the like.

Good point Jesse and one that Hasbro has constantly reiterated.  The kids do gravitate towards the prequels and I agree with them completely based upon my own experience.

Similarly, I showed my 5 year-old an image of the new Falcon last night.

His reaction was a little disappointing; he swears we already have it.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:25 PM by ruiner »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Well, I'm more excited about the Falcon.  But I think it's a given that more kids are into the prequels.  Hopefully this will still do well enough however.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2008, 03:42 PM »
AT-TE and Falcon the shelf...  Mom and dad willing to buy one, not both...  WWTKD?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2008, 03:52 PM »
At least Hasbro didn't go crazy with the "exciting phrases" on the front of the box as I thought they would.  Definately want one of these to open as with the AT-TE, but having an extra of each to keep boxed at $200-$250 is going to be very painful.  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2008, 04:09 PM »
These "leeks" are so intentional its sad. It looks like Han and Chewie will be very easy to pillage. I'm glad they are nothing special.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2008, 04:15 PM »
I like the one photo of Leia on her knees while Luke's on the bed.

Sicko

I won't buy this now - the box is WRONG!!!!  ::) She's wearing the wrong outfit for that scene.  ::)   Hasbro sucks!

;D

And so does Leia.  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2008, 04:25 PM »
I see that GH has updated their information again, saying this is a July release.  I'm excited its on the way soon, but if this holds, something (AT-TE or other collectibles) are going to have to be put on the back burner I think - or I start selling/saving up big time :).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2008, 04:28 PM »
JULY????  MY BIRTHDAY'S IN JULY!!!!    ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2008, 04:29 PM »
JULY?!?! This is truly insane. At this rate, we're getting a year's worth of merchandise in one month.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:31 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Cool
  My birthday is in July :)
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2008, 04:49 PM »
If it is July, it might be an exclusive...because they seem to keep them pretty well guarded until closer to release dates...

This thing is awesome.  The only thing wrong, I think, is that the hall to the cockpit doesn't look like it's open.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50 PM »
I know what I'm doin with my cherry bombs!

This is just crazy... 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2008, 04:53 PM »
JULY?!?! This is truly insane. At this rate, we're getting a year's worth of merchandise in one month.

Doesn't make sense, does it?  Why put two $100+ vehicles on the shelf at the same time?  

Surely, most consumers will choose one or the other in contrast to releasing one at a time; thereby increasing the possibility of two purchases separated by at least six months.