Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337163 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #450 on: November 10, 2010, 11:00 AM »
Found Boil, Freeco w/ Snow Clone and the Tactical Droid at Target this morning.  Left the Tactical Droid but very happy to nab the other two. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 10, 2010, 05:54 PM »
Mind giving us the store?

I think he said in another thread that it was a Target.

Yeup, it was a Target.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 12, 2010, 02:59 PM »
TOY SPREE!!!

Best day of scores in a long time, and I only had to hit 7 Targets, 4 Walmarts, 2 TRU's and a K-Mart.  ;D

I found the new wave of deluxe TCW vehicles at multiple Targets, and in addition to scoring the 2 I had snagged earlier at TRU (for return purposes), I was able to secure the AT-RT with Boil set. MAN, this is my favorite so far I think. Just love the deco.

Also scored the Battle of Orto Plutonia Battlepack at TRU, another welcome surprise.

Sadly, zero sightings of the Embo wave. That sucks, especially after running into the new Vintage wave multiple times out there. Still, a very good day all in all.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 12, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Finally got my Nahdar Vebb in the mail today.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #454 on: November 12, 2010, 11:50 PM »
Picked up the Clone Wars/Vintage Swamp Speeder...  which is such an odd name for a vehicle that could function on any myriad of planet surfaces.  But got it at Target, and love it.  Didn't even mind paying full price instead of waiting for a sale.

It's scaled fantastically, sports a very detailed paintjob, the working harnesses are simply awesome, and there are footpegs for extra soldiers to hitch a ride.

The Swamp Speeder's ultimate combat effectiveness may be in doubt, but its awesomeness as a toy is not.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 13, 2010, 04:11 AM »
Re-visited the Target where I had accidentally found the entire TCW Wave 4 (Embo wave). Of course, it was all gone. All that was left were assortments of the first 3 waves.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 14, 2010, 09:11 AM »
I picked up a complete set of the Freeco/Assault Tank/AT-RT deluxe figures at Target yesterday morning.

I was hoping to stumble on a few of the figures from the latest waves of either CW or Vintage, but alas it was not to be...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 15, 2010, 02:08 PM »
Victory is Mine!

Scored the complete TCW Wave Four this morning at Target, only 1 case out, but that's fine for now. I can wait a little on my openers.

I'll share my praise in the dedicated thread, but I am pretty much psyched beyond belief with these guys.

And it's awesome being all caught up again!

The rest of this year should be very manageable for the TCW line, only 1 more wave of figures, 2 mid-size vehicles, and a battlepack. I am completely good with that...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 16, 2010, 01:07 AM »
Looks like Monday was a lucky day for both McMetal and myself - I too came across a complete set of the figures from CW 2010 Wave 4 - great wave - can't wait to get a set to open.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #459 on: November 16, 2010, 06:21 AM »
Looks like Monday was a lucky day for both McMetal and myself - I too came across a complete set of the figures from CW 2010 Wave 4 - great wave - can't wait to get a set to open.

My combined Wave 4 & 5 minus Mandalorian came yesterday. Awesome waves.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 16, 2010, 01:34 PM »
Still riding the good mojo...found another case of TCW Wave 4 today at lunch, minus Embo.  :(

I did score my Shaak Ti for openers though. Looking forward to tearing into her tonight. (That did not sound right)

Also saw the Wave 2 TCW vehicles for the first time at the same Target where I bagged Shaak Ti. I went ahead and bought all 4 so I could return those overpriced ones I bought at TRU a few weeks back. Although I am very tempted to keep the Swamp Speeder and crack that open too. We'll see.

No sign of TCW Wave 5, but I plan to snoop around a little more tonight and maybe find another Embo to boot.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 17, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Scored another AT-RT w/Clonetrooper Boil this morning at a Target.

Unfortunately, I have thus far come up completely empty on finding any more of the Embo wave or the Vos wave.  :(
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 17, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Lucked out again at lunch and found more remnants of TCW Wave 4 on the pegs at a Target I just hit yesterday. They only had two figures left, but unbelievably, one was Embo.  ;D I literally swore out loud on the aisle I was so surprised.

So at this point I am all good on openers and can take a measured approach on Wave 5. No signs of that so far. I don't think there's anything I need openers of there, but maybe a spare Cato.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 23, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Picked up Embo, Boba, Mando and Shaak Ti this afternoon at my local WM.

Edit: Then later tonight I went to an 24-hour WM and scored openers of Boil w/AT-RT, Cold-weather Clone w/Freeco, Embo, Shaak Ti and R4-P17.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:27 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #464 on: November 27, 2010, 02:56 PM »
Picked up an Orto Plutonia BP at TRU last night. Very happy to finally get Thi-Sen, though I could have done without the other three figures in the box since I had them already.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk