Author Topic: Disney Star Wars Weekends  (Read 23724 times)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
Re: Disney Star Wars Weekends
« Reply #15 on: May 3, 2004, 06:50 PM »
I think they keep the event here in Orlando because the Park is bigger. (so the cast members tell me..) At least California gets Comic Con! 8)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #16 on: May 5, 2004, 09:12 AM »
STAR WARS WEEKENDS 2004
Dates:
·   May 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
·   June 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13
With the park's famous Star Tours thrill ride serving as the centerpiece of the celebration,  Star Wars  Weekends fills the Disney-MGM Studios with dozens of heroes, heroines, droids and villains from the famous film saga. Each weekend, fans are able to "star gaze," as two  Star Wars  celebrities take part in meet-and-greet sessions, star conversations, and Hollywood-style motorcades.  
Details:
·   Activities are included with regular Disney-MGM Studios admission.  
·   Check with Resort Guest Services and Parks Guest Relations for updated information on Celebrities and Events.
·   Advise Guests to refer to the Times Guides in May and June the weekend of their visit for specific times and locations.
·   For the latest Star Wars Weekends updates, Guests may visit disneyworld.com or www.starwars.com.  For more information, tickets or resort reservations, Guests can call 407-W-Disney or a travel agent.
·   Note: all times are subject to change or cancellation due to weather or talent restrictions.
o   Weekend 1 (May 14, 15, 16)
o   Weekend 2 (May 21, 22, 23)
o   Weekend 3 (May 28, 29, 30)
o   Weekend 4 (June 4, 5, 6)
o   Weekend 5 (June 11, 12, 13)
Autograph Sessions:    
Celebrities will participate in 3 autograph sessions per day. FASTPASS tickets are required for a Guest to obtain an autograph. The guests can obtain FASTPASS tickets at the Millionaire FASTPASS distribution area on Mickey Ave. This will open at 9am. Due to time restrictions Guests will be allowed one autograph per person.
Weekend 1 - May 14, 15, & 16
·   Jeremy Bulloch   :"Boba Fett"
·   Jake Lloyd   :young"Anakin Skywalker"
Weekend 2 - May 21, 22, & 23
·   Peter Mayhew   :"Chewbacca"
·   Jerome Blake:  "Rune Haako"
Weekend 3 - May 28, 29, & 30
·   Anthony Daniels   :"C3PO"
·   Andy Secombe:  "Watto"
Weekend 4 - June 4, 5, & 6
·   Warwick Davis   :"Wicket the Ewok"
·   Mike Quinn:  "Nien Nunb"
Weekend 5 - June 11, 12, & 13
·   Daniel Logan   :young"Boba Fett"
·   Amy Allen   :"Ayla Secura"

Also featured at the five-week fan-fest:
Information Desk -- Located at the entrance to the event area, across from Drew Carey: Sounds Dangerous. Have all your event questions answered and sign up for our different Trivia contests to test your Star Wars knowledge.

Jedi Mickey and Star Wars Character Meet & Greets -- One of the largest gatherings anywhere of characters from all five Star Wars films -- from Queen Amidala and Darth Maul to Jango Fett and Greedo -- will roam Disney-MGM Studios greeting Guests, signing autographs, and posing for photographs.

Legends of the Force: A Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade -- A galaxy of Star Wars characters join the celebrities in a Motorcade up Hollywood Blvd. all the way up to the Star Tours attraction.

Stars of the Saga: Star Wars Celebrity Talk Show -- Fascinating Question & Answer sessions with both of the weekend's celebrities.  Occurs once a day at the ABC TV Theater

Star Tours: High-Energy Thrill Ride -- Guests can take flight to the moon of Endor in Star Tours, an action-packed flight simulator that salutes the  Star Wars  series. Synchronizing a stunning film with the virtually limitless gyrations of the simulator, the attraction takes guests on a hair-raising, light-speed trip aboard a careening star speeder.

Star Wars Special edition "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Play It! -- Two Star Wars themed shows of the popular game show attraction "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire--Play It!" per day.  There will be a variety of  Star Wars -inspired questions with added Star Wars prizes.  The attraction's studio audience can join in the fun by answering trivia questions using keypads installed at each seat.

Star Wars Trivia Challenges --  Star Wars Trivia challenges will take place at the Star Tours plaza to test fans' film knowledge.  One adult and one children's trivia challenge per day with the winners receiving Star Wars prizes.

Jedi Training Academy -- Eight times a day, lucky youngsters will be chosen at random to take part in the "Jedi Training Academy," giving Jedi hopefuls the chance to train with a Jedi Master and then test their skills against Darth Vader or Darth Maul.  Held in the Star Tours plaza.

Behind the Force: The Saga Continues -- Once a day at the ABC TV Theater during each weekend.  A compelling behind-the-scenes look into the making of the Star Wars saga.

Star Wars Weekends Hyperspace Hoopla -- At the Star Tours plaza.  Star Wars characters and guests gather for music and fun at the galaxy's most unusual watering hole.

A Galaxy of Collectibles -- Disney and Lucasfilm, Ltd. have created limited edition and event-exclusive  Star Wars  merchandise that will be available in Tatooine Traders. With a look inspired by scenes in the Star Wars movies,  the retail location is adjacent to the Ewok Village set at the Star Tours attraction.

Photo Location -- Models of C3PO and R2-D2 in front of an event signature backdrop.

Video Starcade -- Featuring the best in Star Wars-inspired electronic and video games can be found in Soundstage 1.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 12:26 AM »
Win a trip to Disney for SW Weekends!

http://brighthousenetworks47.com/sww/jedi.htm

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2004, 12:18 AM »
Ah yes, interesting, open to US residents only :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 10:55 AM »

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 06:08 PM »
My week #2 report & pics are up:
http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2004, 06:15 PM »
Cool pictures and story Sharon, thanks for the link!!
Beth

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2004, 04:32 PM »
Here is my week #3 report & pics:

http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/week3.asp

Those of you attending in the coming weeks might want to check out these reports, they may help you enjoy your visit a little more.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2004, 10:12 PM »
Week 4 report & pics:
http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/week4.asp

One more weekend to go...

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2004, 07:12 PM »

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2005, 07:40 AM »
Living in O town gives me a great opportunity to attend this event each year they have it. Not sure if I am going to play reporter this year, but will be there.

Disney has really gone overboard on the pin & coin collections. :-\ The Darth Mickey plush is very cool, hopefully not as limited as the Jedi mickey.

Maybe we will see a guest list soon.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2005, 08:34 AM »
I had a great time at Star Wars Weekends the one year I made it down there.  I am glad to see that they are still doing this. 

On another note.  Did they ever change the Star Tours ride or is that still being constructed or whatever? 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Hey Darthshader, is the Knights Out Pub still there???  I have some fond, albeit fuzzy, memories from that place from my days at UCF!

I really wish I could go to SW Weekends this year.  My next AF assignment is a toss up between working at the cape or flying satellites down in Colorado Springs (of course that's not until the end of 2007!).  Someday I'll get back there though!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2005, 11:37 AM »
The guest list? :-[

Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett) May 20 - 22
John Goodson (Concept Model Maker)

Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) May 27 - 29