Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352188 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #690 on: April 21, 2007, 02:51 AM »
That's a good point, I'll add those in the next day or so... :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #691 on: April 21, 2007, 03:46 AM »
I was curious, I saw awhile back that there were a few sightings of the Han/Boussh, Luke/Vader, Royal Guard/Imp Gunner, and Walrusman/Snaggletooth wave - but how many of you have been seeing these at retail?

I just saw this wave for the first time at a couple Targets tonight, Brian, so I'm sure they're just in the "trickling out" stage at this point, and should start hitting in greater abundance pretty soon here.  Only one Vader/Luke set, but plenty of the other three.  But yes, the GH line really dried up at most Targets over the past few months, to the point where it was really hard to find ANY of them, old or new.  But in the past several weeks, I've started seeing them build up on the pegs a little bit again, and with more waves being released lately than had been in previous months, I think we'll start seeing their availability go back up to more normal levels again soon.  I've definitely been seeing a lot more of them at Walmarts of late though, so that may be a better option than Target at this point (as repulsive an option as that may be).

I'm definitely digging this new wave though.  Nice to see them getting into some more popular secondary characters for a change, and OT ones at that.  Pretty sharp looking wave here, with pretty good paint apps on most of the ones I saw, which is an improvement.  No complaints, other than Vader obviously looks a little silly dueling with his helmet off...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 17, 2007, 11:41 AM »
Just as a heads up for anyone who's looking, but HasbroToyShop seems to have the latest wave of Galactic Heroes in stock (Royal Guard/Imp Gunner, Han Carbonite/Leia Boussh, etc.)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 17, 2007, 02:34 PM »
I'm not big into this line but I recently saw the Leia Boushh/Han 2 pack and had to get it. It's just waaaay too cool looking not to have. They really did a great job with this one, especially including the Carbonite Block...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 18, 2007, 01:09 PM »
Hasbrotoyshop.com has the following GH in stock:

Han/Boussh
Luke/Vader
Royal Guard/Imperial Gunner
Walrusman/Snaggletooth

If you use this code: FNFSPR7 you'll get 25% off your purchase price, bringing them to a very reasonable $5.24 a piece ($1.75 off) or so.  I think all of the preceding wave was there too, if you're playing catchup.  Thanks to MikeyD for the code.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #695 on: May 24, 2007, 08:20 PM »
I dont think this has been posted yet here.

Jabba  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 24, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Nice.  So does Jabba come with slime C-3PO, Luke and Bib, ala the old Playskool sets like the Wampa and Reek ones? 

Looks like we're getting another X-wing with a different pilot also.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #697 on: May 24, 2007, 10:45 PM »
I am really enjoying the new sets they have there. Too bad they are all exclusives, but I plan on getting the Jabba set, the 2 Cantina Sets, and the Episode 1 set. (I need a Qui-Gon and Jar Jar)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 25, 2007, 09:13 AM »
Really nice to see Jabba is on the way, and it does look like he's part of a cinema scene.  It doesn't look so bad though, as there seems to at least be a few new or significantly changed figures along with it.  They seem to really be running with the cinema scene idea in this line, with at least one at each of the "big 3" retailers (WM, Target, TRU) coming this year.  I think there were more of those packs shown than of the regular 2 packs, I wonder if there is a shift in the line or not.

That said, the new stuff does look nice.  I think its good they are getting the X-Wing out there again (looks like it comes with Biggs?), although I'd hate the thought of buying that whole pack just to get Biggs.  After seeing Jabba, as well as the big Sentinel/Galactus packs in the Marvel line, it makes me wonder if we might be able to eventually see things like the Rancor (or more ships).

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 25, 2007, 11:14 AM »
It looks to me like the Biggs X-Wing set is also coming with a second pilot... which as near as I can tell from the helmet is a new helmeted Luke.

I'm a little surpised that Veers/Driver aren't packed into the Hoth Scene.  I'm torn between being thankful it doesn't have any new characters, and disappointed in not having much of an excuse to get a second Taun Taun and a second Hoth trooper.  I'd much rather not end up with a 2nd X-Wing.

I'm confused about the Cantina band.  Are the music player and light just housed in the regular cardboard packaging?  Any chance that the band's stage is plastic? 

ETA:  Or I guess I could have figured out it was Luke from the fact he was, um, holding a freaking lightsaber   :-[
ETA:  Also, it looks like Hasbro must have left behind their new Hoth Leia, because she did show up with the Hoth Cinema Scene in their slideshow (along with General Veers, who also wasn't in the display).  Sweet.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:18 AM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 30, 2007, 02:26 PM »
Surprised no one made mention of some of the new two packs coming:

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 30, 2007, 02:52 PM »
Those do look nice, and I think this line has a pretty good future for awhile now.  The only thing is, it seems like the last half of this year is more cinema scenes than 2 packs.  Hopefully that won't continue to be a trend, although I guess its fine if you skip the earlier packs.

Of those packs you posted Mikey, they all look nice.  I really like the Dagobah Luke w/Yoda and Spirit Obi pack, that's pretty nice.  I'm really looking forward to the Jabba cinema scene as well, and with that - combined with the larger packs in the Marvel line - makes me wonder if we might see something like the Rancor (or maybe another vehicle) in the line in the future.  I really do like this line, and its nice to see more new stuff on the way.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 30, 2007, 02:54 PM »
I'm really happy for the Jabba set but i'm aggrivated that I already bought the Boushh/Han 2 pack...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 30, 2007, 03:02 PM »
That brings something else to mind - with all of these exclusive cinema scenes on the way, what will it take for you to pick them up (or will you at all)?  I haven't bought any of the past ones (although I was tempted), but I plan to pick up at least 1 or 2 of these upcoming ones.  Is Wuher and some repainted figures enough to pick up a Cantina set?  Is Biggs (I think) enough to pick up the X-Wing set?  I think the Jabba set is decent, since there is a larger new figure (Jabba), a new Luke, a repainted 3PO, etc. - and I'm not sure I expect Jabba to be available elsewhere.  The other sets is going to have to be a tougher decision.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 30, 2007, 04:07 PM »
So..When is Qui-Gon going to be out? Does anybody know?
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!