Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476264 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Saturday 5.14.05
« Reply #375 on: May 15, 2005, 05:26 AM »
Very Nice CHEWIE!! Those effects are killer, I can't wait to see your next photonovel, any idea when it will debut?

The paint job really improves the figure, add some knee articulation and you are in business. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 15, 2005, 03:01 PM »
Here we have a redo shot taken for "Slaughter on Munist"
CHEWIE, told me that he may end up redoing all the shots. I'm not sure about that though.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 15, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Hmmm...I'm not digging the redone "Slaughter on Munist" shot. The effects are nice, but there's too much empty space. I'd like to see more close-ups, especially in battle. This is something you haven't done much of, Chewie, and it's time for you to grow as a director.  ;)

I guess part of the drawback to doing an SE of these phtonovels is that I'm going to be more critical the second time around.  ;D Still, I love 'em.

On the other hand, I love the Magna Guard army Chewie is amassing. Very cool. For articulated knees I'd suggest taking them from a battle droid or a Stikfas figure.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 15, 2005, 06:01 PM »
I know what you mean about too much empty space DD.  That is not a final shot; just one that I was working on last night and felt like seeing if one of my buddies wanted to post it.  I'm still working on this story and trying to find ways to stay true to the original story without changing the environment too much.

Also, I am full aware that these special editions will be judged more harshly this go round. 

The 3rd story has been redone, as soon as it is hosted it will be posted.  I think there was only 1-2 new shots in that story, but in "Slaughter on Munist" there will be about 20-25 new shots taken.  This is mainlly because of the poor quality of the pics in this particular story when trying to edit it.  It just wasn't feasible. 

On "Crisis on Abridon" I think there were 2-3, and about 10 on "Underground Resistance."  For "Deception" I am thinking only about 3-4 new shots.  At least I hope.

After Deception, it's back on track with #11 and beyond.

There will be more close up shots when I can get them to come out right.  Problem is, close ups really turn out fuzzy on my camera, even when trying to edit them with my program.  There have been a few more close ups in the later stories though.

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #379 on: May 16, 2005, 10:24 AM »
I like the Grievous Bodyguards  :)
For knee articulation, I recommend using Stikfas ball-joints.  I made a Grievous Bodyguard with knee articulation and I like how it turned out.  It was a fairly simple process and the parts blend pretty well.  Granted, the knee jonit will look a little different, but I think that's a small price to pay  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 16, 2005, 11:01 AM »
Thanks Greg.  I remember seeing your Magna Guard custom, it was great.  But I don't know how to swap out those joints.   :-\

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2005, 11:08 AM »
I just cut out the knee portion (probably about a half-centimeter above and below the "knee"), cut the Stikfas part in half (I think I used an upper-leg) and sand it to shape.  Then just super-glue it in place (I used 2 part putty to reinforce the leg joint and smooth over any gaps).   ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2005, 04:23 PM »
Sounds pretty complicated.  I'm just not very good at that stuff.  Maybe I'll see if I can do something like that... I think I saw some Stikfas stuff on clearance at TRU.  Thanks!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 17, 2005, 05:55 PM »
It's not as bad as it sounds  ;)
the TRU had some Omega Knight Stikfas on sale for $3.97 ( ;D!!!) but they went fairly quickly. 
I have a few extra stikfas sets if you want one.  They come with lots of extra upper arms and thighs so you can build a Stikfas and use his extra parts for customs.  Send me a PM if you want one.
I also have tons of extra stikfas parts that I would be willing to send to you for free, let me know.

doooo itttt!  ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2005, 10:37 AM »
Thanks for the tips Greg!

Hey guys, quick update on the photonovel situation - all of the photonovels are currently down right now... they will be back up very soon though! 

However.... the special edition of the 3rd story, "Anti-Jedi" is now up and hosted thanks to Sith Lord Chaos.  Check it out in the photonovel section!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 19, 2005, 12:10 PM »
Yes folks, due to a technical difficulty, the stories are down for a short while. Somthing new and improved is in the works, and I'll be able to run the photonovels, hopefully year round, without them coming down, unless we switch servers. Stay tuned!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2005, 04:51 PM »
The only drawback to more photonovels is that we get less new customs posted from you, Chewie. Too bad you don't have four arms like Grievous. (Although come to think of it, they didn't do him much good in the film...)

If you have anything new though, let us see!  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 20, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Ok - I will try and dedicate a few hours this weekend to some more CHEWIE styled customs.   :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 21, 2005, 11:51 PM »
Ok, no new customs yet.  But get your butts into the photonovel section, #4 - Slaughter on Munist and #5 - Deception are both updated in there now.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #389 on: May 22, 2005, 06:34 AM »
Awesome work on the photo novels Chewie really enjoyed them.

What paint shop program do you use and do you ahve a tutorial?

Ron