Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion  (Read 35500 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2021, 11:07 AM »
I dunno if I order enough to justify paying for the membership. BUT, getting preview night access for Comic-Con is.  8)

This is exactly why I'm thinking of paying for it.  Remember the exclusives earlier this year that we were able to get because of being a Premium Member.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2021, 01:10 PM »
There is literally no reason they cannot guarantee everyone with a Premium Membership every single one of their exclusives. Limit it to 1 each, provide a window of time to put your order in or they go back into regular inventory.

I’m still pissed about missing the Exclusive Armorer figure this past year even with the Premium access. It didn’t help at all. That gives me very little incentive to pay for anything unless there are guarantees involved.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2021, 02:12 PM »
I was surprised at how quickly the allotment of convention exclusives for Pulse Premium members sold out last year.  Granted, there was a general release offering of a lot of the same exclusives the following day, but it was annoying that you're participating in this premium level membership and can't get the product.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2021, 09:17 AM »
Well, if I signed up for premium and did not get the exclusives prior to sell out, I would absolutely expect a refund. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2021, 01:38 PM »
I think it will be easier for premium members to have access for getting exclusives through pulse mainly because so many won't renew.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2021, 01:15 PM »
Yeah not paying you guys money to watch Wrecker preorder sell out in 10 seconds like every other preorder you put up. Guarantee me one of every preorder and we’ll talk.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 02:22 PM by Jeff »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2021, 02:54 PM »
Yeah not paying you guys money to watch Wrecker preorder sell out in 10 seconds like every other preorder you put up. Guarantee me one of every preorder and we’ll talk.

Right?! You'd think the manufacturer would have enough on hand at least.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2021, 03:17 PM »

You have to remember that Hasbro has to walk a very fine line here.  They are trying to sell enough copies of a figure to be relevant and make it look like they are helping the collectors get stuff, but not selling enough stuff direct-to-consumer that you hurt their wholesale businesses with BBTS, Dorkside, EE or even big shops like Walmart and Target.

HasbroToyShop used to have pretty strict rules about how much of a product they could sell until after a certain point when they could then sell through the stuff that the other retail shops didn't order (overstock).  I am guessing Pulse has to play it pretty similar to that.  If everyone who wanted one could get one with free shipping from Pulse it'd be ideal but it's never gonna work that way. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2021, 05:46 PM »

You have to remember that Hasbro has to walk a very fine line here.  They are trying to sell enough copies of a figure to be relevant and make it look like they are helping the collectors get stuff, but not selling enough stuff direct-to-consumer that you hurt their wholesale businesses with BBTS, Dorkside, EE or even big shops like Walmart and Target.

THIS!

I was at a Target store this morning and ran into the Hasbro Rep.  It's the same guy who has been working in our area for years.  I asked him about the general inventory situation, and he agrees that it's ridiculous that there's barely any product on the pegs.  He had a theory about it - that whoever at Hasbro leads the sales team for the Target account hit their sales number, and they may  not be aggressively pursuing additional sales.  I think part of that could be an unfortunate side effect of the Target Clearance Vulture phenomenon - collectors waiting for Target to put items on clearance and THEN they buy them at the lower prices.  But he also had a very significant point to share.  Right next to the 4 feet of Star Wars shelfspace was some MOTU stock.  And you know what?  There was product on those pegs.  He said that when you're in the aisles having product that you can look at is effectively brand advertising.  Sure the Star Wars section has that Mandalorian banner with Din Djarin and Grogu on it.  But what good does it do if there's little or no product to buy?  He was proposing that core characters like Mando and the Child should almost be pegwarmers to keep the brand present in people's minds.

He and I also talked about Hasbro Pulse.  Notably because he had set a reminder on his phone to buy Wrecker on Hasbro Pulse at 1 pm.  And he said exactly what Jeff said - Hasbro Pulse has to walk a fine line, because otherwise they might be hurting their big dollar accounts like Target and Walmart.  Target has around 1900 stores in the US, and Walmart has around 4800 stores in the US.  So suppose they get 4 cases of each wave of TVC figures per year per store.  And let's figure 6 waves.  That could mean over 40,000 cases of figures go to Target, and over 100,000 cases go to Walmart each year.  These are just ballpark numbers, and conservative ones at that - just in the US.  I didn't even figure in Best Buy or Meijers, which are respectably sized chains.  Hasbro HAS to serve those accounts before EE, BBTS, Dorkside and Hasbro Pulse.  So Pulse will get smaller allocations.  They're just playing the game according to the numbers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2021, 05:53 PM »
I'm generally fine with Pulse selling out quickly since they've got to cater to retail, but then don't charge me for the Pulse subscription. 

The nanosecond that SDCC exclusives are available isn't worth paying for either. 

They need to keep their subscription free.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2021, 06:04 PM »
I'm generally fine with Pulse selling out quickly since they've got to cater to retail, but then don't charge me for the Pulse subscription. 

The nanosecond that SDCC exclusives are available isn't worth paying for either. 

They need to keep their subscription free.

Exactly. At the very least base annual membership on a certain $ threshold. If you spent at least $50 with us last year we will offer you the Premium for nothing. That seems fair to me.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 1, 2021, 06:32 PM »
I just got the updated email telling me to re-up with a link to add it to my cart. No mention of when/if my original membership has officially run out or not. No new perks added for this year either.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 1, 2021, 06:43 PM »
Same.

Considering I haven't paid a nickel for it yet, I'm not all that unhappy about the idea that it's not overflowing with new stuff.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 1, 2021, 08:26 PM »
They seem to be pushing it hard now.   

I see no reason to sign back up before SDCC exclusives, and even then I doubt I'll pull the trigger for $50.  They'll need to drop their price or offer better incentives for me to pay for their Premium service.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 1, 2021, 09:40 PM »
Given the scant TVC on the horizon, I see no reason to renew right now. I will do like lots of others and go back if the SDCC exclusives are worthwhile. Hope they don't require membership prior to a certain date to be eligible for early access.