Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion  (Read 35502 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion
« Reply #165 on: March 3, 2021, 11:57 AM »
I signed up just now.  If it sucks, next year I won't.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 3, 2021, 02:01 PM »
If you signed up for Pulse Premium at the start, then you got the Pulse Premium membership perks for free for not one, but two years.  So now we're paying for these perks.  I agree with Rob, the onus is on Hasbro Pulse to make this worthwhile for the people who have paid for this level of service.  If they step up and deliver?  Then I'll renew.  And if not?  See ya.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #167 on: March 4, 2021, 04:17 PM »
Is there a deadline for signing up for this? The only Hasbro stuff I collect is TVC, and I have no interest in the retro stuff...at all. If they have no TVC stuff coming, then Pulse Premium is beyond useless for me. So I'd basically be paying $50 to maybe get access to an exclusive I guess?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 4, 2021, 07:38 PM »
It probably depends on if the 12 months is the same for everyone like Gentle Giant, or if it’s 12 months from your sign up date.  If it’s the latter, I’m sure they’ll happily take your money at any point in the future.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 8, 2021, 05:57 PM »
To Jeff's question, yes the Partner Exclusives option would be enough to get me to sign up if it means they are offering other retailer exclusives on their site.  I generally don't have issues with Targets near me, but Gamestop, Walmart, BestBuy, Walgreens stuff is a pain in the arse to track down.  I'm sure it would be worth the $50 in time and money spent trying to find those figures.  I collect Marvel too, so that would help me out more than most I guess.  Still would need to have sufficient quantities to make it worthwhile.  If they have retail partner exclusives for all of 2 minutes and then they sell out, its still not a benefit.  I might sign up sooner to give it a shot though if that's really what this is.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #170 on: March 9, 2021, 05:37 PM »
Yeah I think Hasbro's going to have to tickle the balls nice before I pay $50 to never get anything from them. If I collected Black Series and Transformers, Gi-Joe AND The Vintage Collection it would make sense, but I need to see that it makes sense for this single-issue voter (I vote with my wallet for more TVC).
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2021, 03:49 PM »
Four months into this and I've seen literally no benefit from it.  Kudos to those of you who didn't bite.  I have pre-orders with them all the time, but I find every single new items on Amazon or at Target long before Pulse gets them, so the free shipping is worthless.  No early-access stuff for Star Wars... not a single bit of free shipping... If they got stuff at the same time as other retailers it would be great, but they are perpetually 4 or 5 weeks behind, so it's pointless.

I think I want to email and ask if they'll cancel it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 03:50 PM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 1, 2021, 08:57 AM »
I think the only real benefit will be early access to SDCC or any other convention exclusives.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 1, 2021, 10:01 AM »
Hasbro Pulse has really been lagging behind EVERYBODY on delivery times.  I'm feeling more than a little disillusioned with the service right now.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 1, 2021, 10:14 AM »
Good point on the convention stuff… I might as well wait until at least then.

And yeah, Pulse is going to wither if they can’t ship at least reasonably close to when other retailers can.  I’d assume it’s on purpose to keep their partners happy, but it hurts the concept to have it be this slow.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #175 on: July 1, 2021, 10:33 AM »
I think the only real benefit will be early access to SDCC or any other convention exclusives.

That may be the only reason to keep it going.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 1, 2021, 12:30 PM »
Good point on the convention stuff… I might as well wait until at least then.

And yeah, Pulse is going to wither if they can’t ship at least reasonably close to when other retailers can.  I’d assume it’s on purpose to keep their partners happy, but it hurts the concept to have it be this slow.

Delivery estimates from Pulse are literally MONTHS behind other retailers.  And it's not an exaggeration to say that! 

The TVC Maul & Ahsoka wave is already turning up in Asia, and a number of online retailers are saying that they're going to ship this month.  But Hasbro Pulse?  They're saying September.  The reissue wave has been hitting retail for at least a month or more.  Amazon just shipped me the Royal Guards I ordered.  But Hasbro Pulse orders are still outstanding.  I get the balancing act they have to do, but it's ridiculous.

As for the convention exclusives?  I remember how things shook out last year.  There was an early ordering window of some of the Hasbro Pulse Con exclusives for Pulse Premium members, and I know that I got shut out on at least one of the items despite my membership.  I was able to get an order in the next day, but it was pretty maddening that my membership didn't guarantee that the day before.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2021, 09:46 AM »
I just got my retro Mandalorian figures from Pulse last week.  On the same day I saw them at Walmart on clearance.   ::)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 5, 2021, 04:23 PM »
So, I pre-ordered whatever TVC waves include the repacks of Ackbar, Han Endor, Luke Hoth, Royal Guard, Game Greats figures, etc. several months ago from Pulse.  They were all mixed in one order as I'd rather just group orders when possible and don't mind waiting for everything to show up before they ship.  My email has been lighting up the last 48 hours with notices from Fed Ex and Pulse about these figures being on the way.  Got the first package today - one lone Royal Guard packed in a box with an air packet, but still the card is bent up and the bubble is dinged.  Are they really going to ship each of my eight figures in separate boxes?  I get it if you're doing it to ensure the product arrives minty fresh, but that's obviously not happening.  No wonder they have to charge so much for the membership if they're paying to pack and ship each figure individually.  What a waste.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #179 on: August 5, 2021, 11:22 PM »
I've got two Royal Guards, an Endor Han and Hoth Luke coming from Hasbro pulse and should be here tomorrow.  I received three different Fed Ex tracking numbers...frankly, I'm just surprised they shipped before the order I've made through Entertainment Earth.
This is the way.

I have spoken.