Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 250085 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #720 on: July 18, 2017, 10:08 AM »
After her dealings with Ramsey Bolton, I think Sansa knows very well that the stakes are incredibly high.  Does she understand the true danger of the Army of the Dead and the White Walkers?  Probably not.  But she does know Cersei better than Jon does.  And she knows that Littlefinger wants either her, or to use her.  She definitely knows it better than Catelyn Stark ever did.  Can she be more clever than Littlefinger and find a way to take control of the forces of the Vale?  Maybe.  If she can find a way to properly manipulate young Robin Arryn.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #721 on: July 18, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Loved the scenes with Arya.  Her assuming the face of Lord Frey was epic!  Looks like she's going to reunite with Nymeria this season...love it!  She's going to fail in killing Cersei though....it's going to be Jaime that ends up killing her.

Jaime is going to die dueling Brienne.  Cersi is going to take some dragon glass to the heart and become the Night's Queen - leading the forces of the dead against Jon Snow and Daenerys.

I like your thinking Bill, but isn't there a prophecy about Cersei that she will be killed by her brother?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 18, 2017, 12:32 PM »
That's the prophecy from Maggy the Frog.  Maggy foretold that Cersei would marry the king.  She also accurately predicted how many children she would have, and that she would see them die.

Maggy also said "the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."  Valonquar is High Valyrian for little brother.  Cersei is the oldest of all three remaining Lannister children.  So will Jaime do it?  Or perhaps Tyrion? 

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 18, 2017, 12:36 PM »
I think Arya will die in the end.  She is too consumed with vengeance.  I don't think we've seen the last of Jaqen H'ghar.

I like Nick's thinking about the Sansa/Jon dynamic.  Sansa knows about the Lannisters, Littlefinger (or simply the South) and Jon knows the North and beyond.  I think they need to learn to become a team.  In the end, I don't feel as though the Starks care about the Iron Throne, but wanting their "kingdom" back in the North.  Of course, Dany may see it differently since they sided with the Baratheons against the Targaryans (could Jon's speech about forgiving the children for their father's errors be foreshadowing?)  Plus how with the Jon/Dany relationship unfold once it's revealed to Dany of his lineage?

I wonder if Tyrion's vision will be played out in the show... how he kills his father a second time and as well as Jamie?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:40 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #724 on: July 18, 2017, 12:39 PM »
 “When your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

That's open to a lot of interpretation... I read Valonqar means "little brother."  But it doesn't necessarily mean HER little brother.  It could mean the Three-Eyed Raven...

The pale white throat phrase certainly adds credibility to the Night's Queen theory.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 18, 2017, 12:58 PM »
The whole Littlefinger story line has gotten a little stale.  It was fun the first few seasons but now doesn't seem relevant.  Why he is still on the show as they don't usually keep people around that don't have a role to play?  I'm wondering if he and Lord Varys will somehow reunite or be the link if Jon Snow and Daenerys end up interacting, and/or if the two of them get back to scheming to get their own seat on the throne. 

Similarly Lord Varys hasn't had a useful part since he smuggled Tyrion out of King's Landing.  I'll be interested to see what if any role these guys have as the series concludes.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 19, 2017, 11:15 AM »
I think Denarys and Jon Snow/Targaryen will meet up at Dragonstone.  Once Jon gets the raven from the citadel you know he's going to race down there!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 19, 2017, 02:09 PM »
hopefully Bran makes it down to Winterfell before John leaves...bros need to have a lil chat.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 19, 2017, 02:27 PM »
hopefully Bran makes it down to Winterfell before John leaves...bros need to have a lil chat.

I'm curious to see how the reveal finally happens around Jon's parentage.  Will Bran tell him about his visions?  Will Jon emerge unscathed from fire (dragon fire?)?  Or will the two be combined somehow where Jon doesn't believe Bran but has it confirmed as he survives a blast from a dragon?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #729 on: July 19, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Jon's only half-Targaryen.  Even some full Targaryens aren't fireproof (or at least gold crown proof)...

I think Daenerys is unique in her fireproofness.  A being of prophesy.  I think Jon is just swordproof after-the-fact.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 24, 2017, 10:32 AM »
It would seem that Euron Greyjoy is a bad man!  I thought that the Sand Snakes might have had him, but his surprise attack was just too much for Yara and Theon's fleet.

The confrontation between Dany and Varys was very tense, but seemed to resolve in an interesting way.  As for Jon's conversation with Littlefinger?  I think that may come back to haunt Jon...or Sansa.

More and more I'm liking Sam at the Citadel.  Jim Broadbent is great as the Archmaester, but Sam seems to be making great strides forward.  Whether or not he can save Jorah Mormont from his greyscale?  That remains to be seen.  But it was nice to see things coming together as Sam spoke of his time with Jorah's father, the late Jeor Mormont.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 24, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Agree with your thoughts on Jon messing with Littlefinger.  I've got the feeling that Sansa isn't going to survive through through to the end of the series.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 24, 2017, 11:27 AM »
Can't wait to see Arya show up at Winterfell!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 24, 2017, 01:16 PM »
Agree with your thoughts on Jon messing with Littlefinger.  I've got the feeling that Sansa isn't going to survive through through to the end of the series.

I think Sansa will make it through.  While she's been brash at the councils of the Northern lords, I think she knows Littlefinger very well.  And perhaps with Arya headed back to Winterfell along with Bran, the three Starks will stand together against Littlefinger when he makes his play.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #734 on: July 24, 2017, 02:02 PM »
I think Sansa will make it through. 

Yeah, I think she'll make it and be the ruin of Littlefinger somehow.

Can't wait to see Arya show up at Winterfell!

And perhaps with Arya headed back to Winterfell

Is she really going back to Winterfell now?  I thought the whole point of the Nymeria scene was Arya realizing that Nymeria has changed and can't go back to being what she was, someone's pet, just like it's not in Arya anymore to go back to what she was, a little sister ("That's not you").

Kind of a callback to season one when Ned was telling Arya she'd grow up to be a lady and marry some lord and she told him "that's not me".
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:06 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender