Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104965 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2009, 09:18 PM »
I like the Gung Ho and Shockwave figures.  Very nice looking.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2009, 12:27 AM »
I'm really digging these repaints. I still have yet to get a Tunnel Rat, so this Night Force version will do nicely.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #257 on: June 26, 2009, 10:56 AM »
I know this may be a long shot, but I was curious if anyone here had gotten extras of the mail away Doc figure?  I've been picking up some more Joe stuff with all the clearance sales lately, and it reminded me of this figure.  I didn't have enough comic packs at the time, and although I picked up a few more lately, I'm pretty sure the date is long past now.  Anyways, just wondering if anyone happened to have any extras.

On a side note, I picked up my first vehicles from the 25th line (on clearance), and now it is tempting to get more.  I got the Trouble Bubble/RAM pack, as well as the VAMP, and like them both.  Really brings back some memories, as I had the RAM cycle as a kid as well.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2009, 11:33 AM »
Those Monkeywrench sunglasses look great.  How about a JD group discount?  ;)  I hate the look of him without glasses.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #259 on: June 26, 2009, 01:10 PM »
Those Monkeywrench sunglasses look great.  How about a JD group discount?  ;)  I hate the look of him without glasses.

If you guys will pick a color I am sure we can get Aly to do that for us.

I know this may be a long shot, but I was curious if anyone here had gotten extras of the mail away Doc figure? 

PM me

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2009, 02:18 PM »

If you guys will pick a color I am sure we can get Aly to do that for us.

Sweet.  I'm partial to the black myself, but I think silver like the vintage version would work just as well.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2009, 04:34 PM »
Couple of things about the glasses.  Yes, I will do a group thing for you, but it will be about two weeks before I have them ready.  I am making a second set of molds that'll spit out two additional copies at a time since I forsee a demand for them upcoming shortly.  Let me get that out of the way, and get some copies stockpiled.

Also, I am making a copy of the MW head, which I will be adding the glasses to permanently and filling the sculpt in to make them look manufactured.  Same story as the glasses if you prefer that route.  I intend to offer the glasses in silver or black, and the head will be a shade of fleshtone, although it will most likely not be an exact match for the factory color.  I try, but it's a diffcult match at best.  

On a side note, I know that Paul is going to be hooking some of you guys up with Wet Suit helmets and heads so I thought I'd mention this.  I just got the actual color samples for this in hand a couple days ago, and am also finishing up another mold for it (this will make 4 copies at a time).  The helmet does not fit the head he comes with, so for those few copies that Paul is helping out with, I'll be painting the head and helmet from my store to go with your figures.  Just an update.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:59 PM by Alyosha »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2009, 03:42 PM »
New movie Combat Heroes have struck Target hard here in MN.  Not buying any, but CC is very fugly - would have preferred his classic dome or hood.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2009, 04:48 PM »
I saw a few ROC toys at TRU today.  Nothing 3 3/14, but some weird 12" Snake Eyes and Dukes where you push their dog tags and they make cool military noises like car horns and cymbals crashing.

There was some role play stuff, too.  A Snake Eyes and an Accelerator Suit.  Mega awesome super rad.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #264 on: June 28, 2009, 05:04 PM »
I saw a few ROC toys at TRU today.  Nothing 3 3/14, but some weird 12" Snake Eyes and Dukes where you push their dog tags and they make cool military noises like car horns and cymbals crashing.

There was some role play stuff, too.  A Snake Eyes and an Accelerator Suit.  Mega awesome super rad.

While I can't explain Duke, for Snake Eyes it's a movie thing where he's like Harpo Marx and just makes noises with horns and other objects to converse with others.  I'm thinking Duke may have the same items to reply to him in his retarded speak.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2009, 08:06 PM »
I saw the movie Combat Heroes at Target today as well.  Agreed on the comments regarding Cobra Commander - not sure I like the look either, I'm hoping that he'll eventually have something closer to the silver mask/dome and/or hood (I don't know if he ends up that way or not, haven't really read any spoilers about that).

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #266 on: July 2, 2009, 11:36 AM »
A little something I just finished yesterday:

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #267 on: July 2, 2009, 06:29 PM »
From Hasbro press release:

"Hasbro is pleased to announce that the first wave G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra toys are going to begin to hit shelves ONE WEEK EARLY, starting Monday, July 6th.

Beginning this Monday and rolling out throughout next week, your favorite retailers will be adding G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra figures and vehicles to their stores. This is your opportunity to be the first to get your hands on these highly anticipated toys."

So, if you want them you might as well start shopping this weekend since we all know there will be stores that will just put them out whenever they want...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #268 on: July 2, 2009, 06:33 PM »
So, if you want them you might as well start shopping this weekend since we all know there will be stores that will just put them out whenever they want...  :P

People have already been finding leaked ROC stuff this week at all four of the "top" stores.  I've personally seen the Duke & SE big guy talkie thingies and a SE uniform thing at TRU - even though I hear they're supposed to be firm on 07/10.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #269 on: July 3, 2009, 11:01 AM »
I see that HTS currently has the Rise of Cobra Pit and Night Raven in stock and ready to ship, for anyone interested.