Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104985 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 8, 2009, 02:22 AM »
I'd really like to get the TRU exclusive Firefly, though.

Do you have a link to a photo of the Firefly?  I didn't know TRU was getting an exclusive but you're the second person that has mentioned it.

E...

Linky!

I like that he has all that gear, plus I'm kind of a Firefly nut.

Thanks.  I think I actually saw that during some early coverage but I guess I didn't know at the time that it was a TRU exclusive.  It is a good looking figure and he seems to have a bunch of crap with him.  If I spot one I may pick it up.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #301 on: July 8, 2009, 02:50 AM »
Isn't it mostly the same crap he came with in the comic packs?  I got that figure, and he had the "suit case" of bombs.  The only thing new to him looks like the sachel I think.   ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #302 on: July 8, 2009, 11:04 AM »
It may be the same crap, but it still makes it a better value for the $8 they're charging for these figures (assuming TRU is the same as Target).  It's better than paying $8 for a Medical Frigate Princess Leia with Stormtrooper blaster.  :-\

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #303 on: July 8, 2009, 01:34 PM »
It is a different body and Vest than we have seen on a Firefly.  It uses some Resolute Parts.

This is the Ulitmate Firefly to this point (the only thing better would be if they did this one with some camo)...Firefly was/is my favorite of the Mercenary bad guys.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #304 on: July 8, 2009, 01:47 PM »
It looks like HTS has added a whole mess of "Rise of Cobra" stuff as 'in stock', if anyone is having trouble finding things locally.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #305 on: July 8, 2009, 02:28 PM »
It may be the same crap, but it still makes it a better value for the $8 they're charging for these figures (assuming TRU is the same as Target).  It's better than paying $8 for a Medical Frigate Princess Leia with Stormtrooper blaster.  :-\

E...

Ah, ok I gotcha!  Yeah, I think a lot of the Joes in general like the Pit Commando are good values...  Better than SW currently, which is cutting back it seems.

GIJ's are kickin' ass and takin' names lately though, just in terms of overall value and quality I think.  The 25th figures I always felt were nice, but regardless of the movie's quality I think their movie figures are their best stuff, plus they're doing a lot of work trying to appeal to you guys as collectors by offering random characters.  Non-movie movie guys in new ways.  That's pretty slick I think. 

Their vehicles suck eggs, but whatcha gonna do?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #306 on: July 8, 2009, 05:29 PM »
I got an email from SmallJoes.com that the Assault on Cobra Island 7-packs are available for pre-order.  Anyone know what the best deal is on these?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #307 on: July 8, 2009, 07:30 PM »
I'm amazed by the amount of stuff these ROC figures come with. I'm tempted to get a few figures, but I don't think it would be good for the wallet. The toys look like something the kids will be into quite a bit. Terrible looking movie, great looking toys. Weird, huh?

Regarding the 7-packs (Cobra Island) BBTS has them for $70.00 per set... I'm going to plug Outer Rim Collectibles as a local guy runs the site. He doesn't have the sets listed yet, but I bet he will in a few days and at a decent price so I'd say keep your eyes there if you're looking for a deal.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #308 on: July 8, 2009, 09:23 PM »
As dubious as I am about the actual movie, Hasbro put all of their effort into these and the toys are outstanding.  They feature by far the most realistic/accurate headsculpts we've seen recently or in this scale - could they be using scanning?  I really like these; not enough to go nuts, but I have nabbed the PP Snake Eyes, and the black outfit Scarlett.  When the sales hit, I'll pick up the Ice Viper - the figure of the line - Deep Six, Desert Duke, Storm Shadow, PP Baroness, Flash... better stop now.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #309 on: July 8, 2009, 11:16 PM »
I'll pick up the Ice Viper, Firefly, PP Snakes Eyes, Deep Six, Desert Duke, Storm Shadow, PP Baroness, Flash, black outfit Scarlet, P.I.T. Commando.  so far.

I wasn't going deep in this line. 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #310 on: July 9, 2009, 12:11 AM »
Regarding the 7-packs (Cobra Island) BBTS has them for $70.00 per set...

$70.00 per set?!!?!

Yikes.  That's nutso.  SmallJoes has the Joes for $31 and the Cobras for $37.

ETA: I checked BBTS, it looks like the $70 is for both sets, which is much more reasonable.

Anybody on here getting multiple sets of the Cobras?  I'm really just interested in the Dr. Mindbender; I'd be happy to pay his freight and take him off your hands if you're stocking up on troops....
« Last Edit: July 9, 2009, 12:41 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #311 on: July 9, 2009, 01:04 AM »
Although I wasn't planning on buying any more Joes I found a PIT Commando and Helix tonight at Target and bought them.  Haven't opened them yet.

They had some more figures out besides those two.  Got to see Flash and the second Scarlett (with the pony tail), the Crimson Viper, Eel and a couple others I think.  Still no Destro or Baroness or Desert Duke.  Again, I'm rather impressed with these so far.  And that Pit Commando comes with so much gear it should be illegal.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #312 on: July 9, 2009, 02:18 AM »
I got my brother Covergirl, PPSE, PPSS, Shipwreck (is he in it?), Ice Viper (THAT is a badass looking figure), and Zartan (who is fairly badass looking as well). 

I couldn't help myself and opened his SE, and I love it.  I'm more a fan of cloth coats, but SE's pretty sharp regardless.  If I were a rich man, I'd be all over GIJ's right now.  Then again, I'd have been all over them the last couple years too I guess.   :-\

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #313 on: July 9, 2009, 09:16 AM »
Regarding the 7-packs (Cobra Island) BBTS has them for $70.00 per set...

$70.00 per set?!!?!

Yikes.  That's nutso.  SmallJoes has the Joes for $31 and the Cobras for $37.

ETA: I checked BBTS, it looks like the $70 is for both sets, which is much more reasonable.

Anybody on here getting multiple sets of the Cobras?  I'm really just interested in the Dr. Mindbender; I'd be happy to pay his freight and take him off your hands if you're stocking up on troops....

I will have 5 or 6 extras of the good Doctor and one will be on his way to you as soon my sets get here.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #314 on: July 9, 2009, 05:27 PM »
As usual, you are the source of light to which I pray.
"Really?  Sorry."