Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 105000 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #375 on: July 22, 2009, 09:55 PM »
If a WM in my area EVER gets Joe product, I will have you hooked up.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #376 on: July 23, 2009, 12:58 PM »
If a WM in my area EVER gets Joe product, I will have you hooked up.

You "ROC" Paul!   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #377 on: July 23, 2009, 11:56 PM »
As usual, you are the source of light to which I pray.

My army of Mindbenders showed up today...send me your FedEx address Ryan... and anybody else who wants a Dr. Mindbender.

Alyosha had the mother of all Toy Runs today...he snagged me an Apache, Pit Commando and Elite Viper among other things.  Add to that my 7 packs showing up today.  I highly recommend smalljoes.com for all your joe needs.  Or if you are gonna use someone else, at least use the links on the front page...hint hint wink wink...

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #378 on: July 24, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Hi Paul,

Believe it or not, Mindbender is the only one I want. I am happy to trade you another Joe for one, LMK.

Thanks!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #379 on: July 24, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Hi Paul,

Believe it or not, Mindbender is the only one I want. I am happy to trade you another Joe for one, LMK.

Thanks!

Same here, at least out of the Cobra set.  If you have enough to go around Paul, I'd be interested in one as well.  Let me know if we can work something out.  Thanks!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #380 on: July 24, 2009, 11:33 PM »
After finding the Turbo Tank today, and seeing all the new SW stuff coming out, GI JOE suddenly fell off my interest list again... oh well, it was a fun 3-4 weeks while it lasted.   :P

I'll wait to see the movie to see if I'm going to buy anymore stuff or not.  If not, my son just gained about 25 toys to destroy.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #381 on: July 25, 2009, 12:09 AM »
After finding the Turbo Tank today, and seeing all the new SW stuff coming out, GI JOE suddenly fell off my interest list again... oh well, it was a fun 3-4 weeks while it lasted.   :P

I felt the same way Justin after picking up my Turbo Tank the other day even though I just gave up carded SW figs after all these years..  It was a fun little ride to tide you over, no?  I'm done for the most part, but I'm going to clean my TRU out tommorrow of $4.99 figs so I can return them to Target when I find stuff I'm actually interested in.  BIG disappointment on the Transformers and Joe front.  Was looking forward to at least 1 little nugget of goodness, but I guess it's not happening this year.

Question - are you guys cutting out the file cards on the new ROC stuff and what the hell are you doing with those BMF missle thingies?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #382 on: July 25, 2009, 11:06 AM »
I am putting my missile things in my misc. box.  I feel they will end up at Goodwill or something, and some kid will be able to pest his sister for months to come.  My summer fling with Joes is still on, at least until new Legacy drops.   :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #383 on: July 25, 2009, 01:29 PM »
I don't think I could stomach buying figures on sale at one place with the intention of turning a profit by "selling" them back to another store... I think my conscious would get in the way.  :-\

Regarding the missiles, my son is having a ton of fun playing with them.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2009, 05:25 PM »
That Resolute Snake Eyes has showed up carded in Asia. 

I would wager that since the Big H said that they were discussing 2010 product at Joe Con that we might get a glimpse of some more Resolute goodness then.

Is anybody here going to make it to JoeCon this year?  I am 100% out, with moving the house, now possibly moving the office and the fact that the weekend scheduled is the last one before my daughter goes back to school, it is not happening.  I even have in-laws in town and could not swing the trip.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #385 on: July 25, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Picked up Helix, Flash, and the Pit Commando this morning.  Wow.  All nicely done and the Commando has TONS of accessories.  Saw the new Vipers, Viper repaints, and new Eels.  Bleck!  None of the Cobra team looks good besides the Baroness & Storm Shadow.   ::)    Guess I can't forget the Ice Viper as a good fig, but he's vanished in my neck of the woods.

I don't think I could stomach buying figures on sale at one place with the intention of turning a profit by "selling" them back to another store... I think my conscious would get in the way.  :-\

I'm not making a profit.  Just saving a few bucks at retail.  All depends on how you view it I suppose, but yes - it is seedy so judge it how you may.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #386 on: July 25, 2009, 08:07 PM »
As usual, you are the source of light to which I pray.

My army of Mindbenders showed up today...send me your FedEx address Ryan... and anybody else who wants a Dr. Mindbender.

You should be getting an email from me.  You rule.  Thanks.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #387 on: July 25, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Alyosha, is your corrected Wet Suit Helmet available from Broken Arrow yet?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #388 on: July 25, 2009, 08:55 PM »
I didn't have a chance to dig through the pegs, but I did see the Flash figure at Target this morning as well.  I was going to pick it up, but funds are tight and I grabbed a Cad Bane figure instead (first red card figures I've seen locally).

Although it was totally expected, I was disappointed we didn't see (or hear?) anything more about future 25th Anniversary style figures.  I'm hoping they come back eventually (likely with another name, like GI Joe Classics or something), but it looks like it is full steam ahead with movie stuff for the foreseeable future.  At least the movie line is well done though, I know I keep getting tempted to pick up a few more figures each time I pass them by.  Like others have mentioned, the fact that new SW stuff is finally starting to hit might slow me down there as well.  Can't afford all this stuff :).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2009, 12:54 AM »
I'm not making a profit.  Just saving a few bucks at retail.  All depends on how you view it I suppose, but yes - it is seedy so judge it how you may.

I see your point, and don't really condemn it.  Part of me wishes I would do that, but I don't think I ever will.

Anyways, I got sucked into buying more of these figures today, just one freaking day after I said I was done.  I must be sick in the head, bought another Neo Viper at TRU along with Ripcord... 2 for $10 is such a great buy.

Then, I hit Target and saw Flash and a few new kinds of Vipers, passed on them but did get Hawk and the Cobra Humvee... ARGH!!!  

I want the "Doctor" figure too.  Well, two of him - one for a custom.  Haven't seen him yet.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 12:55 AM by CHEWIE »