Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 105000 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Definitely in for Flash and the PIT Commando.  I really like the Arctic Snake Eyes and PP Baroness, so I'll get them too.  From the con, looks like I'm getting Charbroil and that Dusty.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Which Joe site has the best SDCC coverage?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2009, 03:20 PM »
Also, will one of you real military jockeys please attempt to explain for me the utility of the movie Joes toys' camo scheme?  The sky blue and shades of grey?  Where are they supposed to be hiding with that stuff?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2009, 03:56 PM »
lighter camos like that are often urban camos.  But that's usually greys/blacks and things.  Blues I think might be a NATO thing but I'm not familiar with what all NATO has/uses, or why they use it.

Paul probably has a better answer on blue camo though.  WWhere it originated and such. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2009, 07:00 PM »
What ever happened to the M.A.R.S. three pack  ???  I think those troopers were the first pics up we had online and they looked pretty snazzy, but....where are they?

Anyways, I got sucked into buying more of these figures today, just one freaking day after I said I was done.  I must be sick in the head

I hear ya.  I never intended to buy anything from this line, but I'm up to about 10 figs now that are real keepers.  Trying to be selective though and don't want to get sucked into 1 of every fig or god forbid - army building.  Pit Commando (I'm looking at you)  Vipers - you can go suck it.

Then, I hit Target and saw Flash and a few new kinds of Vipers, passed on them but did get Hawk and the Cobra Humvee... ARGH!!!

The Humvee is pretty rockin, but Hasbro flubbed the back with the missle launcher.  Could have at least made room to have the back two doors open or rig it somehow so the tailgate comes up while still having the kiddie missle launcher feature.  Wasted room, but cool vehicle other wise.  Reminds me of the M.A.S.K. Jackhammer.  The driver is pretty meh for the most point.

Preferred Weapon: M.A.R.S. Industries D57-A extreme enviroment tactical rifle.  Why waste the time including that information on the file card if you're not going to include the weapon??
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #395 on: July 27, 2009, 01:34 AM »
I was in TRU Friday night for a few minutes and got so sidetracked by the new SW Lego sets and waging an internal war over an AT-TE for $50 that I completely forgot to look at the Joe toys more than to give them a passing glance when I walked in.

I forgot about the sale and to look for the exclusive Firefly figure. 

Oh well.  I totally bought the AT-TE so I was just happy with that...and that my car hadn't fallen apart yet as TRU was only the half-way point of my trip.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #396 on: July 28, 2009, 02:11 AM »
The Joe Fan Club just added Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to the guest list for this year's convention.  Man, I wish this was closer to NY, I'd definitely go.  Whether the movie is a hit or not the con looks to be one of the better shows in the last few years as far as guests go.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #397 on: July 29, 2009, 01:13 PM »
Stopped by TRU on the way home last night and they have 1 carded figure on their massive display.  Looked pathetic.  I only bought 10 figs during the sale last week so it wasn't because of me either.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #398 on: July 29, 2009, 01:49 PM »
Found the first wave of Target exclusive vehicle w/ figure sets. I picked up the black Eel with Wave Crusher. I liked the price- $9.99 plus Iowa's share. Apparently, they're on some kind of price cut from $12.90.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #399 on: July 29, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Stopped by TRU on the way home last night and they have 1 carded figure on their massive display.  Looked pathetic.  I only bought 10 figs during the sale last week so it wasn't because of me either.

That is good news for the line and although it would seem like BAD news for the 25th stuff, if they are getting some sell through on this line, we will get our 25th Characters, just on Movie/Post-Movie Cards.  I miss the RAH style cards, but if the figures are the same, I am ok with it.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #400 on: July 29, 2009, 04:53 PM »
I miss the RAH style cards, but if the figures are the same, I am ok with it.

I'm with you on that.  I just want that Resolute Snake Eyes but I don't really care what card he comes on.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #401 on: July 29, 2009, 05:09 PM »
I have a feeling that Hasbro *might* be following the pattern they did with Transformers when the first movie toys were out.  They actually had three different lines all in different packaging running at the same time. 

So if that holds true - we *should* expect a return in some shape or form of the classic figs in about a year or so from now.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #402 on: July 29, 2009, 07:16 PM »
According to the GI Joe QnA's we will know the answer to that question at the Joe Con. 

I've got 1 extra Dr. Mindbender left if anybody is needing one. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #403 on: July 29, 2009, 08:47 PM »
According to the GI Joe QnA's we will know the answer to that question at the Joe Con.

Good word!  Would be nice to know if the 25th stuff will even make a return at this point even though there's PLENTY left to do.  I just hope they wouldn't re-tweak everything we've already purchased at this point.  I must say that it's pretty awesome how the movie figs can actually hold their weapons in there hands.  Great feature that should have been a given and I'm not sure why this wasn't caught with the 25th stuff.   :-\

I've got 1 extra Dr. Mindbender left if anybody is needing one. 

I'd like a Mindbender Paul!  Not sure when I'm going to have time to order those 7 packs, but I'll offer him back up the the group if I manage to snag those sets.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #404 on: July 30, 2009, 12:49 AM »
PM me your address and if will be in a FedEx box tomorrow.