Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557885 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2490 on: November 19, 2019, 12:58 PM »
Speaking of main characters, what happened to Maggie?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2491 on: November 19, 2019, 05:14 PM »
They mentioned last season she was out with Georgie building new communities (in actuality she was in another show), since Whiskey Cavalier was cancelled she will be back sometime late this season.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: November 24, 2019, 11:02 PM »
The stealth walkers are getting really old. Folks making noise in the library, but they only activate when someone is 2 feet away.  It's video game rules. Just how dense are they near Oceanside?

How did Virgil get off his island without a boat? Did I miss something?

Once again a cliffhanger is dependent on people acting stupid. Nobody wait outside or anything. Good way to take a dump on characters. I think this is done, because we all know that Daryl and Carol could end this whole Whisperers thing by themselves, so to avoid that...stupidity and inner conflict.

At least Gabriel didn't bother with niceties. Remember season 2, debating the fate of...was it Randall?  Dante didn't deserve that, he deserved worse. If only zombie Siddiq hadn't been put down, they could've fed Dante to him.  On the other hand, half a season developing two characters who are killed off mid season seems a little wasteful.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: November 25, 2019, 01:08 AM »
Certainly not my favorite mid season finale. Would have liked some more to have happened in 80 minutes. Agree them all running into a cave was a bit on the too stupid side. Again I'm done with Carol. Also agree the zombies only activated once you touch the correct book is over used. If only he had played that tune on the piano it would have opened a secret door. Wait that's Resident Evil.

I don't mind them building a character to then kill them off. Keeps the anyone can die feel going.

"How did Virgil get off his island without a boat? Did I miss something?" He lost it somehow? It got damaged? Who cares? They came up with a place big military weapons can have lasted. If only every little detail could be explained to perfection so we wouldn't need to point them all out. I suppose then why would we even watch TV
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 01:24 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: November 25, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Overall kind of a weak episode last night, especially for a mid-season finale.

I did like re-animated Siddiq going after the baby while Dante and Rosita battled it out -- lots of tension even though I knew the kid would be ok.

I was a bit surprised that it was Gabriel that killed Dante.

Disappointed there was no Negan in this episode.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: November 25, 2019, 04:27 PM »
"How did Virgil get off his island without a boat? Did I miss something?" He lost it somehow? It got damaged? Who cares? They came up with a place big military weapons can have lasted. If only every little detail could be explained to perfection so we wouldn't need to point them all out. I suppose then why would we even watch TV

Considering how suspicious they were of Virgil, it's a fair point to ask how he got so far from his home. 

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: November 27, 2019, 11:38 AM »
Watched the first half of the episode on the cross trainer at the gym.  Then watched the second half last night and almost fell asleep.  My god, it was another filler episode with stupid decisions to drive the plot.

I really wonder why I keep coming back.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: November 27, 2019, 05:18 PM »

I was a bit surprised that it was Gabriel that killed Dante.

I got an Edgar Allen Poe vibe at the whole fire pit scene (regardless of Dante's body being in there or not). You have the murdering Gabriel watching the flames, reflecting on what he's done, who's then joined by Rosita. She rests her head on his shoulders, signaling her approval on a job well done. (ooh, bad pun.)

It's like watching Carol, part 2.

I didn't see Talking Dead after. Any mention about them?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: February 24, 2020, 10:15 AM »
The triumphant return of TWD dead last night mostly dealt with the group trapped by Alpha in the cave.

I thought Jerry was done for during his Whinny the Pooh moment.  It would have been a shame, since he's practically the only likeable character left.

Alpha and Negan....please don't come up with one of those cute couple mash-up names for them internet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: February 24, 2020, 11:45 AM »
It actually wasn't a bad episode.  Some things happened that mostly made sense and there was a little bit of action.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: February 25, 2020, 12:04 AM »
I don't know what was more disgusting Negan and Alpha bumping uglies or the character assassination of Carol.

Volatile dynamite just sitting there, waiting for some nonsense plot. Carol goes all Wile E Coyote on us.

Where did the walkers behind Jerry come from?  The monster generator they missed. Worst Gauntlet players ever.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2501 on: February 29, 2020, 09:31 PM »
You’d be absolutely shocked how plausible the explosives plot point actually is.

On the Jerry zombies I thought they showed one kinda crawling up at the end of the frogger level after they were all on the other side so I was assuming maybe they got there that way but now that I’m thinking of it there has to be another way than crawling into that cave too so maybe just they wander in and fall down?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:35 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: March 1, 2020, 10:48 PM »
Dynamite now seems plausible after two characters with severe gaping wounds didn't bleed to death in the next episode. And Beta's super powers: tunneling, invisibility,  noise cancellation, the ability to make the dead resurrect when he needs them to*, and his overall ninja training.
I mean, you'd think this was a comic book show!  :P

Daryl will be up and running around next ep, mutant healing factor kicks in just in time for a post apocalyptic 300 sequel.

*remember when it was random? Might be an hour, might be 2 seconds.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2020, 10:49 PM by Scockery »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: March 2, 2020, 10:31 AM »
Zombification has always moved at the speed of plot.

I did like the Daryl vs Alpha fight.  Lydia showing up was a nice touch.

How the hell did the people at Alexandria not notice all the tunneling and the RV showing up to hide the entrance?????
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: March 2, 2020, 11:36 AM »
How the hell did the people at Alexandria not notice all the tunneling and the RV showing up to hide the entrance?????

Yeah, the whole tunneling thing is totally bogus and you've got to suspend disbelief.  There is no way tunneling could get accomplished without being discovered, much less a successful tunnel dug that stretched the 1/4 mile or longer without cave-ins or some clever engineering work from a bunch of nomads.  Where would you put all that dirt and not be discovered?

It would have been a whole lot more logical to have some kind of sneaky ladder/siege machine or grappling hook to get over the wall than a long tunnel. 

More suspended disbelief that Alexandrians that have survived by killing their enemies over and over would let Beta off the hook multiple times and not just put a pike/sword/knife through his neck when he was vulnerable and let him get away.  And then when laying in ambush they wouldn't wait for him to get close enough to take him out.   ::)