Author Topic: 2023 Star Wars Celebration UK Hasbro Panel  (Read 736 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Star Wars Celebration UK Hasbro Panel
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2023, 12:15 PM »
For TVC reveals?  I think there will be a new wave of 4 figures, an entertainment multipack, a troop builder set and the modified N-1.  Yes, I am being overly optimistic.

Except for the timing of the troop builder set (which got announced before SWCE), I'm f***ing shocked by how close I was with this.  And I'll stop patting myself on the back before I have to go to the doctor for a shoulder injury, LOL!

This was a great panel for the Vintage Collection.  I was pleasantly surprised all the way round.  The N-1 wasn't a huge shock - this was the right venue to unveil that. 

And the pipeline reveals?  I'm impressed!  I'm glad to see Hasbro working their way through semi-current media with the Grand Inquisitor.  I had been tempted to get the Retro Collection version, but this reveal has satisfied that itch to just get the character.

Both Thrawn and Krennic were welcome, but also obvious.  Hasbro was not shy at all about announcing the Moff Jerjerrod figure shortly after they announced Admiral Piett.  Once that happened any astute observer of Hasbro would be able to see that we're about to get a good number of Imperial officer figures.  I think the detail about Thrawn that was shared at the panel was interesting - this figure will be based on his appearance in REBELS.  So I have to wonder when and how they might update a Thrawn figure for the AHSOKA series?  A Director Krennic figure is just as welcome.  The love and appreciation for ROGUE ONE has only grown, and ANDOR has just built upon that.  A great movie like that has to have a great villain, and Krennic is a fantastic villain.  So I'm very glad to see that he's on the way.

Pre Viszla is the same kind of situation.  The Mandalorians that were made from the Siege of Mandalore seemed like the perfect basis for a Pre Viszla figure.  And sure enough Hasbro is going there!  I really hope they go for his CW season 5 look with the more ornate helmet.  And I also hope they don't skimp on his jet pack.

Darth Revan was a bit of a surprise to me.  I wasn't sure that Hasbro was ready to go there yet.  But KOTOR has really endured as one of those games that just hasn't gone away.  And the fact that it's being re-made seems to reaffirm its staying power.  I was looking at the 30AC figure recently and seeing just how dated it was, and I was relieved that the criticism of Hasbro when they proposed re-releasing that figure in TVC was vocal enough for them to change course.  So I hope the new version will be up to modern standards and more.  But I'm also hoping that figure won't exist in a vacuum, and other KOTOR figures might be in the works.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback