Community > The Bullpen

Vintage Marvel: Secret Wars

(1/3) > >>

Brian:
Ok, sorry for another thread starting...and I wasn't sure if this exactly "belonged" with the other Marvel thread or not.  But, the Marvel Secret Wars toyline was one of my favorites as a kid.  I wasn't able to get a whole lot of them myself (Spidey, Doc Ock - who lost his tentacles along the way, Wolverine - who lost his claws), but combined with ones my friends had, we could get quite a battle going :)  I always liked the whole storyline of the Secret Wars, and I think I still have my old figures somewhere, buried in a box.  Anyways, always thought it was a neat line, was anyone else into this as a kid (or now)?

Secret Wars Page

Scott:
I had a Captain America but none of the others, for some reason even though I read Marvel, the DC toys were a lot better and I had far more of them

Brian:

--- Quote --- I had a Captain America but none of the others, for some reason even though I read Marvel, the DC toys were a lot better and I had far more of them
--- End quote ---

That's funny, that's kind of how I was as well Scott.  I read Marvel comics much more, and Spidey was my favorite, but I did end up having a lot more DC toys.  Plus, I really dug the Super Friends back in the day...and have caught it a few times on "Boomerang" now too.  Good stuff.

Morgbug:
I think this time frame reasonably encompasses a period that could be be referred to as my drunk years.  As such, toys were rather low on the priority list.  I have a few odd, old Marvel toys - Venom, Green Goblin, Cable, Spidey - but all are post Secret Wars era.  My comic collecting days began shorly after the end of Secret Wars and I had to buy back issues to finish the set. 

Strange how my collecting start roughly corresponds to the infection of Spidey with a parasite. 

DC sucks.  'Nuff said.

Scott:
Sounds like we got into comics at about the exact same time, I remember finding Secret Wars #4 on the rack and falling in love, still is one of my favorite story arcs of all time, even though it was a big toy commercial

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version